Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:55:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am all in favor of banning all guns...  (Read 1733 times)
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 09:40:05 PM

...only because sword fights look way more epic.

That is all. Grin
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 09:41:44 PM

How are you feeling about bayonets then?
Haole

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 09:43:25 PM

That is all. Grin

Spending too much time in the Men's steam room again huh?

"The future isn't what it used to be." - Yogi Berra
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 09:44:54 PM

That is all. Grin

No, just missing going to my Kendo/Iado classes.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 09:48:48 PM

That is all. Grin

Those are not sword fights. Those are dancing, with swords.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 09:57:49 PM

Fighting with a bayonet is more closely related to spear fighting than sword fighting.

Speaking of which, Rassah, are spears allowed? What about crossbows?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 10:02:48 PM

Fighting with a bayonet is more closely related to spear fighting than sword fighting.

Anything that leads to blood, guts, and glory
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 10:22:34 PM

That is all. Grin

Are you one of these people morons who thinks that they are invincible and despite anyone who actually has knowledge of fighting could knock seven bells out of you they couldn't do a thing?

And lol Rassah, at least you're not taking the gun debate seriously, I've given up trying to look at either side now.
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 10:36:13 PM

At the risk of totally destroying any semblance of social respect I may have had, I'm going to say that the skills I have learned in those dancing classes have allowed be to dance very gracefully when I played daggorhir in college.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 10:36:57 PM

That is all. Grin

Are you one of these people morons who thinks that they are invincible and despite anyone who actually has knowledge of fighting could knock seven bells out of you they couldn't do a thing?

No, I know I can't fight for shit. Smiley But I also know that Kendo is a sport. Like fencing. I wouldn't expect to win a fight based on knowledge of either.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 10:55:18 PM

Well that's something at least but now I'm going to amaze you with physics, while I can agree that sports martial arts aren't necessarily very good for self-defence ( they have fundamental weaknesses because of the rules involved in that sort of thing ) the traditional stuff is fantastic, especially if you can get a good teacher who knows what they're talking about. I've been practising Shotokan for 8 years now and every time I go it is like sitting in a physics lesson that's happening in front of your eyes but of course I can't understand the formulae and stuff like what are posted in this article.

http://shotokaninstructor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/physics-of-karate-strikes.html

Honestly, even if we banned guns, criminals are still going to get them, the only thing that is going to stop crime is vigilance.
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 11:41:03 PM

Honestly, even if we banned guns, criminals are still going to get them, the only thing that is going to stop crime is vigilance.

Keep your shitty politics out of my troll thread!
Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 11:42:03 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2012, 11:52:26 PM by Rudd-O

Remember that the "guns" debate was never about whether guns are good or bad.  It was about punishing people violently for wanting to own guns legitimately.

Individuals who want to "ban guns" use this dysphemism to disguise what they really want: they want costumed men with guns (oh, the irony!) to steal guns from non-violent gun owners, drag the remaining gun owners into cages, and kill those gun owners who resist.  If you want to know how what these individuals want looks in observable reality, just watch the videotaped Waco massacre.  These individuals are anti-social elements trying to pass off their pathological wants as some sort of "social good".

In political discussions, the object of the discussion is never the real topic of the discussion.  The real topic is who will get victimized by the "authoritays", how to structure the escalation of this organized crime (up to and including death), and how this organized crime will be disguised as "virtue".

(FYI: In the gun "debate", (a) is responsible gun owners, (b) is fines, caging, death, (c) is "but think of the children".)
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 11:42:50 PM

Keep your shitty politics out of my troll thread!

rabble rabble rabble rabble! Cheesy

That better? Tongue
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 11:49:46 PM

No, I know I can't fight for shit. Smiley But I also know that Kendo is a sport. Like fencing. I wouldn't expect to win a fight based on knowledge of either.

Kendo restricts me somewhat by teaching me to attack only specific targets, as opposed to swinging wildly, but it does teach me to make very fast, powerful, and precise strikes, return into a defensive position as quickly as possible, and most importantly, builds up my stamina, so I can keep whacking away, or if need be, run like hell, much better and for much longer periods of time than just some random dude with a stick. Frankly, I think just getting in shape puts you at a much higher advantage with any martial art or melee weapon than the average person.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 12:20:08 AM

Kendo restricts me somewhat by teaching me to attack only specific targets, as opposed to swinging wildly, but it does teach me to make very fast, powerful, and precise strikes, return into a defensive position as quickly as possible, and most importantly, builds up my stamina, so I can keep whacking away, or if need be, run like hell, much better and for much longer periods of time than just some random dude with a stick. Frankly, I think just getting in shape puts you at a much higher advantage with any martial art or melee weapon than the average person.

This.

But real fights don't have rules. I wouldn't expect Kendo reflexes to react correctly when something against the rules happens.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 01:15:24 AM

One word

That is all. Grin

One word: Gunkata

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tINWl0gzQWI

Swords and guns, even more epic!  They could have chosen better music though.

Bludgeoning someone with a gun is always way cooler than just shooting them. 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 01:56:42 AM

If your blood and guts are flowing out, you will probably not have much glory.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 02:27:23 AM

If your blood and guts are flowing out, you will probably not have much glory.

Depends on whether or not your side wins.

Just because you don't get to enjoy the glory doesn't mean it doesn't accrue. Wink

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 05:55:46 PM

That is all. Grin

Ah ha! you know something about fighting and swords. Therefore you are not allowed to help make policy about them. We need to call my friends Mom. She knows nothing about these things, but she does have strong opinions. She should decide. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 07:42:56 PM

That is all. Grin

Ah ha! you know something about fighting and swords. Therefore you are not allowed to help make policy about them. We need to call my friends Mom. She knows nothing about these things, but she does have strong opinions. She should decide. 

Aww, you're right  Cry
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: