Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:26:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 22 Kids Stabbed At School In China  (Read 15546 times)
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 10:47:12 PM

Plus, you can't achieve the same results with a knife.

You can achieve much worse results with a knife, as they are silent and don't draw immediate attention of people who can put an end to the killing.

Then you should have zero problems with gun control. Get a knife. Get rid of your gun and encourage everyone else to do so.
Axios
Donator

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Axios Foundation

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 10:48:04 PM

That's why you use this gun to kill someone who has a better one. And if you don't think that's exactly what happens, think again.

Um I don't say it isn't possible, but it would be hard. Also don't forget if you control bullets, even if you have a high quality gun if you don't have bullets not much can you do with it.

But I would stop arguing now, I am not arguing for the fire arm control. It's possible to prevent crime with a totalitarian regime.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 10:50:57 PM

Is that really the world you want to live in?

I want to live in a world where people don't collect and shoot assault rifles on their weekends and cry like babies if that right is threatened, thus reducing demand, thus reducing supply, thus reducing people from having them, thus reducing people who use them to shoot other people.

I want to live in a world where conspiracy believing weirdos who are anti-government, anti-tax, and anti-gun-control are actually intelligent enough to realize all the NRA manufactured memes are factually and logically incomplete, and would just shut the fuck up, so the rest of us don't have to witness these tragedies due to their wacko fetish desires.
Well, unfortunately, you don't get to live in that fantasy-land. Welcome to the real world, darling.  Kiss

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 10:57:16 PM

I want to live in a world where people don't collect and shoot assault rifles on their weekends and cry like babies if that right is threatened, thus reducing demand, thus reducing supply, thus reducing people from having them, thus reducing people who use them to shoot other people.

I want to live in a world where conspiracy believing weirdos who are anti-government, anti-tax, and anti-gun-control are actually intelligent enough to realize all the NRA manufactured memes are factually and logically incomplete, and would just shut the fuck up, so the rest of us don't have to witness these tragedies due to their wacko fetish desires.

Spoke like someone who's never actually been to a 3rd world country or a *really* bad neighborhood in the US. 

Haha... fantasy crap like this falls apart the first 10 seconds you are confronted with something more than your comfortable living room and comfy little couch.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 11:03:13 PM

Spoke like someone who's never actually been to a 3rd world country or a *really* bad neighborhood in the US. 

Haha... fantasy crap like this falls apart the first 10 seconds you are confronted with something more than your comfortable living room and comfy little couch.

I used to routinely find myself in L.A.'s South Central and Watts after dark for work related issues. Probably around the time you were born, actually. Rodney King riots, to be precise.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 11:07:04 PM

So... many... insults.... Must... resist...

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 11:14:08 PM

I used to routinely find myself in L.A.'s South Central and Watts after dark for work related issues. Probably around the time you were born, actually. Rodney King riots, to be precise.

Time I was born huh?  Lets see... about that time I was ass deep in muck and mud in the jungles of Panama trying not to die from poisonous animals, plants and disease while eating dried out but more often soggy MREs and hoping some asshole didn't frag me because he was too jumpy or some piece of shit guerrilla didn't stab me in the night.  Yes, your sad plight of having to walk around a bad neighborhood in the evening and being able to go home to a warm house and hot food was weighing on my thoughts, let me tell you.  I am so sorry you had to brave the jungles of Compton for 10 minutes every few days.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Freja

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 11:17:24 PM

Time I was born huh?  Lets see... about that time I was ass deep in muck and mud in the jungles of Panama trying not to die from poisonous animals, plants and disease while eating dried out but more often soggy MREs and hoping some asshole didn't frag me because he was too jumpy

In other words, you participated in the totally unjust and unrighteous US invasion of Panama?! OMG.  That is certainly nothing to be proud about!

FirstAscent

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 11:20:17 PM

Time I was born huh?  Lets see... about that time I was ass deep in muck and mud in the jungles of Panama trying not to die from poisonous animals, plants and disease while eating dried out but more often soggy MREs and hoping some asshole didn't frag me because he was too jumpy or some piece of shit guerrilla didn't stab me in the night.  Yes, your sad plight of having to walk around a bad neighborhood in the evening and being able to go home to a warm house and hot food was weighing on my thoughts, let me tell you.  I am so sorry you had to brave the jungles of Compton for 10 minutes every few days.

What was your point then? That life in the United States is like Panama jungles? I'm sorry, but it isn't. But life in the US can be like the inner city ghetto of large US cities. We were referring to gun control in the United States, were we not?

Is that avatar picture you? I suppose you're one of those guys that other hikers/mountaineers laugh at out in the backcountry - the guy with the gun and bowie knife on his leg - is that what you're like?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 11:22:38 PM

Is that avatar picture you? I suppose you're one of those guys that other hikers/mountaineers laugh at out in the backcountry - the guy with the gun and bowie knife on his leg - is that what you're like?

You mean one of the ones that walk out instead of being airlifted after five days wandering in circles 500 yards from the trailhead?

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 11:24:51 PM

In other words, you participated in the totally unjust and unrighteous US invasion of Panama?! OMG.  That is certainly nothing to be proud about!

Not that I want to get into a political argument, but that was 1989, a few years before that.

What was your point then? That life in the United States is like Panama jungles? I'm sorry, but it isn't. But it can be like the inner city ghetto of large US cities. We were referring to gun control in the United States, were we not?

My point is you have no idea what your'e talking about and the fantasy land crap you are spewing is spewing forth quite clearly from a source that has no grounding in reality.  I haven't said word one about gun control, I was telling you about locks.  Or are you too caught up in your rhetoric to realize that fact?  In fact, if you are some place I am going to be, soon, I will be happy to give you a demonstration as to just how ineffective your lock is, assuming you give me permission. 

Yes, that's me in the avatar... and if you had even the slightest clue what you're talking about, you'd realize that's a camera bag on my back, I'm in a t-shirt and I'm standing at the top of one of the nice Australian rainforests.  In that camera bag, I have a Canon 5dMkII and a bunch of lenses, it weighs about 30 pounds.  There is no knife, nor a gun anywhere in the vicinity.  

Nice try though, care to comment more and make an even bigger ass out of yourself?

FirstAscent

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 11:25:05 PM

You mean one of the ones that walk out instead of being airlifted after five days wandering in circles 500 yards from the trailhead?

Umm, no. I doubt you know much about the subject.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 11:29:45 PM

I know "Unprepared hiker dies after getting lost" is a pretty damn common way to bite it.

FirstAscent

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 11:31:02 PM

I haven't said word one about gun control, I was telling you about locks.  Or are you too caught up in your rhetoric to realize that fact?

And you were telling me about locks to justify guns?

Yes, that's me in the avatar... and if you had even the slightest clue what you're talking about, you'd realize that's a camera bag on my back, I'm in a t-shirt and I'm standing at the top of one of the nice Australian rainforests.  In that camera bag, I have a Canon 5dMkII and a bunch of lenses, it weighs about 30 pounds.  There is no knife, nor a gun anywhere in the vicinity.  

Dude, I wasn't speculating about what was on your back. I was speculating about you and how you might enter the wilderness, given your claims.

As for the camera, good for you. I've had (and carried on my person into high altitude mountain landscapes and slot canyons) a 4x5 field camera and tripod, 35mm film SLRs, DSLRs, a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens, etc. My tripods have ranged from Gitzo, Bogen and Sachtler brands.

As for there being no gun anywhere in the vicinity, I'm glad for that.
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 11:32:42 PM

I know "Unprepared hiker dies after getting lost" is a pretty damn common way to bite it.

I think you're wading into territory you're unfamiliar with.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 11:38:26 PM

Nice try though, care to comment more and make an even bigger ass out of yourself?
Oh, I'm sure he will. Give it time.

I think you're wading into territory you're unfamiliar with.

I think you're a jackass, and have been over your head all day. Which of us is more likely to be right?

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 11:42:08 PM

I haven't said word one about gun control, I was telling you about locks.  Or are you too caught up in your rhetoric to realize that fact?

And you were telling me about locks to justify guns?

No, I was simply telling you about locks because you are misinformed about them and seem to be suffering from the delusion that a lock is there to keep dishonest people out.  They are not and never have been, they are to keep honest people honest, nothing more.  

Dude, I wasn't speculating about what was on your back. I was speculating about you and how you might enter the wilderness, given your claims.

Based on what?  A picture you know nothing about and on a post(s) that I never wrote about gun control?  You see, this is why your position on gun control is suspect.  You base your opinions on nothing but fantasy... you have this picture of me as some Rambo type based on ZERO fact.  Your opinions on other subject(s) seem to have about as much backing.

As for there being no gun anywhere in the vicinity, I'm glad for that.

I am neither glad nor upset... a gun is a tool, much like a camera, a shovel or a pen.  They can all be used to destroy and kill.  They can all be used to sustain and assist.  It all depends on how you use the tools at your disposal.  

FirstAscent

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 11:50:17 PM

I am neither glad nor upset... a gun is a tool, much like a camera, a shovel or a pen.  They can all be used to destroy and kill.  They can all be used to sustain and assist.  It all depends on how you use the tools at your disposal.  

Interesting. So the military doesn't need guns because the soldiers could be armed with cameras and many already carry shovels?
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 12:22:58 AM

No, I was simply telling you about locks because you are misinformed about them and seem to be suffering from the delusion that a lock is there to keep dishonest people out.  They are not and never have been, they are to keep honest people honest, nothing more.

Inaba, beyond your horrible job as PR, you are also an funny douche...

You initial premise is complete fallacious. Tell me, if locks are there to keep honest people honest, what happens when locks are not there? Dishonest people are keep dishonest?

Do you realize how absurd is your premise? Let's try again: 'Doors are there to keep honest people honest'.

Should people buy more doors to keep more honest people honest?

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 12:46:58 AM

One thing I can't understand about the anti-gun viewpoint is why it's terrible for ordinary people to own guns but for police and soldiers who we all know are following orders from people that couldn't care less about us it's perfectly okay, what makes them so different and special?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: