Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:38:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official] ROKOS [core] Bitcoin Full node OS| Raspberry Pi | Feedback/Discussion  (Read 19122 times)
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 09:34:36 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2021, 04:57:01 AM by OKtoshi
Merited by ABCbits (1)

This thread is dedicated to the discussion/feedback for The "ROKOS • Bitcoin Full node OS [core]".
for "ROKOS • Crypto Full node OS [flavors]" info disscussion/feedback visit: link

ROKOS core • Bitcoin Full node OS [core]
Latest Release (19/02/2021)

Download the Latest ROKOS versions over the website at: rokos.space

Full Bitcoin OK Clients, miners, nodes and much more; Faster, Easier, Stronger and more Elegant.
ROKOS "Core" Bitcoin Fullnode OS for Raspberry Pi 2, 3, 4 IoT Devices Released.

ROKOS • Bitcoin Full node OS
For Raspberry Pi, zero, 2, 3, 4, BananaPi PRO, PINE64+, Odroid + more IoT Devices.
Integrated OK and Bitcoin Full nodes, BFG and CGMiners, Dev tools + Cryptocurrencies
Clients/Nodes Support

Just Download and Burn to Start your own OK and Bitcoin Full node

Cryptocurrency and the Internet of Things
Core: Debian based OS with integrated Bitcoin OK Clients, Nodes, Dev tools and Miners ready for use.

-- Latest Release --

ROKOS "Core"  for Raspberry Pi 2, 3, 4
Full Bitcoin OK Clients, nodes and much more. Faster, Easier, Stronger, more Elegant.

We support the new technology and uses for cryptocurrencies in the Raspberry Pi , Bananapi, Pine64+, odroid and IoT environments, hence we came up with a Free solution for every IoT enthusiast, developer, user, service that want to use their IoT devices with Bitcoin and OK, or that would like to turn their Device into a Hardware wallet, Mining or Staking device.

ROKOS comes with a fully functional Bitcoin Full node client among other goodies and provides the users with the best and easier Out of the Box experience; The favorite toolbox for developers and new users alike.

"Core" OS

The First OS image release that merges the full power of Raspberry Pi zero, 2, 3, 4, Banana Pi PRO, Pine64+, odroid & IoT Devices with Bitcoin OK and Cryptocurrencies:
- ROKOS "core" comes with integrated OK and Bitcoin Client / node, Miners, Dev tools, deps, etc.

Distribution aimed for everyone, from new IoT users to IoT Developers, Ease of use.
Download & Burn, Ready for use Out of the Box.

Requirements:
ROKOS "core":
- Raspberry Pi zero, 2, 3, 4. - ready for download
- Pine64+ - coming update
- Banana Pi - coming update
- Odroid - coming update

- 16gb SD card.
- External device (usb / hdd / ssd). To sync the BTC chain on the external device instead of the SD card, BTC chain alone is around 280gb.

Some of the ROKOS core X1 features are

- Updated Bitcoin client / node v0.21.0.0 with full functionality.
- Updated Okcash client / node v6.9.0.6 with full functionality.
- Full burnable OS Compatible with the Raspberry Pi, Pine64+, Odroid and IoT devices.
- Full System / Programs Upgrade.
- Full Design Upgrade.
- Improved Firefox/Chrome browser. (depends on version)
- Autolog.
- Debian/Xubuntu/Ubuntu/Raspbian/Linux based. (depends on version)
- Dev Tools.
- Easier to Use mod Update.
- Security and Optimization Update.
- CGMiner ready. (3.7.2)
- BFGMiner ready. (5.5.0)
- Includes Qt and complete set of Dev tools [qt4+qt5] (For developers)
- Works with other cryptocurrencies.
- 1024 mb swap mod.
- Custom Login and Wallpapers.
- BTC and OK nodes integrated under /usr/local/bin/
- Easy Clients / Nodes Upgrades.
- Custom OK-Scripts to ease the user experience.
- Direct access to the Clients Via: Task bar and Menu > Blockchain.

ROKOS constantly evolves and releases new Versions based on:

- Security, Chain, Technology and Design updates.
- Ease of access and use for the final users.
- More Cryptocurrencies are integrated for an Out of the Box experience in a different version called ROKOS FLAVORS.
- More wallets, programs or features, based on users/communities/developers feedback, support and/or cross collaborations.

ROKOS History of previous releases link.

[Screenshots][Prev Version - For latest check updates or site]
ROKOS v10 • Bitcoin Full node OS (core)

ROKOS Initial Setup

How to burn the ROKOS .img to the SDcard: http://rokos.space/burn_sdcard.html

Steps for first boot

Raspberry Pi 2, 3, 4: https://rokos.space/rokos_corepi.html

Welcome to the ROKOS • Bitcoin Full node OS (core) Desktop

Final steps / BTC and OK Clients

a) Go to Menu > Blockchain and Click on the Bitcoin Wallet

This will open the Bitcoin wallet with the option to select where we will be saving the BTC chain.

*For BTC the initial sync will take some days, wallets are fully usable after being fully Synchronized.

b) Always remember to make constant backups of your wallets and save them in USB or external media.

Use your Bitcoin wallet to plug HW and mine BTC or to Send and Receive Bitcoin.
Become a full node and support the Bitcoin network, develop new applications, etc...
The limit is your imagination.

Important Security Notice:

*) Remember to create a backup for your Wallets, you can use the wallets to create them and save in different folders on a USB device.
You should ALWAYS have a backup of your wallet, Pine64+, Raspberry Pi and IoT Hardware, Debian and ROKOS Software are under development hence not responsible for missuses, electrical or compatibility issues that might cause a loss of information. It is as secure as one's ability to take care for it, same as a computer, so always have a backup of your wallets on an external device.

*) Some people tend to recommend getting a 128Gb MicroSD HC (High speed) , at the same time it does work, We do not recommend this solution, as microSD cards tend to get corrupted by the number of overwrites, to ensure the best functionality and security you should use an external HDD/USB storage device to store the chain.

You can start testing and developing new integration with the Bitcoin and OK Tech for your IoT projects.

ROKOS is Released for Free to support Bitcoin OK and the crypto environment adoption
If you find this work valuable or if it helped your project and You would like to support feel free to share your donations at

BTC  3FsGJZMQMnf9hJf1oLayJo2gsmwcit6XAj
OK  P9LeQGwcfPs3vYwJ19e1odvaKdJj7wiUut

If require further assistance or want to provide your feedback directly feel free to join: http://discord.io/bitcoin
or Contact us at: ROKOS Bitcoin Full node OS Support

* Thanks to the collaborators, the donators and the supporters, is what keep ROKOS evolving continuously for it's users.

"Empower yourself and build your own Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies Full node"

ENJOY THIS AWESOME OPERATING SYSTEM!

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sanitarium616

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:29:44 PM

hey
i'd like to put dogecoin and litecoin onto my install of rokos 4 core can you plz do an install guide of how you put them on version 2 please
thanks
sani
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:48:04 AM

hey
i'd like to put dogecoin and litecoin onto my install of rokos 4 core can you plz do an install guide of how you put them on version 2 please
thanks
sani

All ROKOS versions includes the tools to compile any cryptocurrency wallet, I will make some Tutorials on how to do it yourself as requested,
the tutorials will be added to a new "Tutorials" section over the rokos.space website. Thanks for your feedback.

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
sanitarium616

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:03:35 AM

cool thank you,
it's driving me mad trying to get them compiled by source
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:27:04 AM

cool thank you,
it's driving me mad trying to get them compiled by source

Np, a pleasure, we opened the possibility to communities to request the native addition for the ease of the users, can get more info about it over the "flavors" thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084908.new#new tell anyone from their devs/communities to contact me and we can set something up, else the Tutorials should get released as soon as I'm done with the new flavors release.

As this thread is for the Core version feedback (dedicated mainly to Bitcoin).

Thanks.

shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 10:32:08 AM

Hi
Tell me please, what is the point the user to keep a running Bitcoin core wallet on this system if it does not receive from this process any income?
At this stage, any pool for Bitcoin network that launched the wallet is already receiving earnings.
When the user holds running your POS wallet he gets from this income. But from a Bitcoin wallet you will not receive any income.
Or you just believe in the noble intentions of some users who have a lot of Bitcoin and trying thus to support the bitcoin network?

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
lubah

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:40:34 PM

Any hopes of publishing a build designed to run on the banana pi pro?
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:26:37 PM

Yes, banana pi and pro http://www.lemaker.org/product-bananapro-index.html it's the be best decision for this platform  Wink

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:32:39 PM

Yes, banana pi and pro http://www.lemaker.org/product-bananapro-index.html it's the be best decision for this platform  Wink

Correct, it's compatible should have no issue running ROKOS over your banana pi pro, feel free to share your feedback, will add the list of compatible devices to ann, thanks for the support shveicar

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:48:04 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 07:18:59 AM by OKtoshi

Hi
Tell me please, what is the point the user to keep a running Bitcoin core wallet on this system if it does not receive from this process any income?
At this stage, any pool for Bitcoin network that launched the wallet is already receiving earnings.
When the user holds running your POS wallet he gets from this income. But from a Bitcoin wallet you will not receive any income.
Or you just believe in the noble intentions of some users who have a lot of Bitcoin and trying thus to support the bitcoin network?

There are incentives by itself, heres some ideas for who it might work.

1.- Any User: You can dedicate it to use as a Hardware Bitcoin Wallet increasing the security and protection of your BTC. (connect it to internet to use and then to sync and disconnect to keep it as cold storage when not using it) (lite versions will be released in the future without the need of syncing the chain)

2.- Devs and services: can set up the node to work with any of your applications/services. (less energy consumption and maintenance costs)

3.- IoT Devs: start testing / integrating to IoT applications.

4.- Kids: Introduction to Bitcoin, Test and learn how bitcoin works (Kids version will be released in the future, providing games/design for kids with Bitcoin Info/Tips/fun facts)

5.- Noble users: I have no doubt there's some noble Bitcoin supporters that might get some Pi's to download and support the network, I run one myself for that goal.

6.- Some users/services might even migrate to Pi devices after running tests as it saves energy and resources = saves them money.

7.- Miners (add mining sofware & plug HW) saving energy and resources = money (Miners software will get included in future releases)

etc, In my vision only the imagination is the limit, IoT devices get released with more potential (processors,boards,ram) every few months.
I am already backing a PINE64+ for next ROKOS compatibility release. (sharing in next message)

The only wall that was preventing Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies to grow/integrate to IoT, was the high cost of the provided solutions, which we just broke down with the ROKOS release for and from the community, now everyone can download and test/use/apply/learn/support/develop/etc ,
I feel we are only seen the start of it.

Thanks for your participation and feedback.

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:56:24 PM

Now official supporter for a new IoT device PINE64+ The First $15 64-Bit Single Board Super Computer
ROKOS core and flavors are getting released for it as well; Becoming the 2nd gamma of supported IoT devices.

I get the device on March so expect that version update/release some time after testing and integration.

https://twitter.com/OKtoshi_/status/683078125626982400

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 09:50:26 PM

Congratulations Community

New ROKOS article by TechCrunch just got released
http://techcrunch.com/2016/01/04/the-rokos-core-os-turns-your-raspberry-pi-into-a-bitcoin-node/

ROKOS already today Top News on Bitcoin @ Twitter
https://twitter.com/search?q=bitcoin&src=typd

Empower the users and Improving Crypto.

lubah

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 12:54:02 AM

tried to run it on my banana pi pro but unfortunately it does not boot -

all I did was burn the v4 image on a new fast 32gb card and install it in the banana pi pro (lemaker) but it doesn't boot -

pretty sure the banana pi has a different / faster chip than the raspberry cousin along with a built in wifi nic

if you spin up a new image, I'll gladly test it - else if there's a step by step install script to take a base lubuntu build that is running on the BpiPro I'll spin through that as well

I have it running on my Raspberry Pi B (not v2) and it is re-indexing the blockchain off a drive that I prepopulated with all the blocks -- it's been 2 days but its about 1/4 of the way through (hopefully it finishes)

either way on the Banana,  great work and kudos to the team!

I'll be watching.
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:39:57 AM

all I did was burn the v4 image on a new fast 32gb card and install it in the banana pi pro (lemaker) but it doesn't boot -

pretty sure the banana pi has a different / faster chip than the raspberry cousin along with a built in wifi nic

if you spin up a new image, I'll gladly test it - else if there's a step by step install script to take a base lubuntu build that is running on the BpiPro I'll spin through that as well

I have it running on my Raspberry Pi B (not v2) and it is re-indexing the blockchain off a drive that I prepopulated with all the blocks -- it's been 2 days but its about 1/4 of the way through (hopefully it finishes)

either way on the Banana,  great work and kudos to the team!

I'll be watching.

I wrongly had the assumption they ran the same processors, you are correct, looking more into the Banana pi device I can see it has a dual processor, I am using fund from the donations to order one Banana Pi Pro to test and release a native compatibility ROKOS for it so we cover the device. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

(already used funds donated from ROKOS flavors to pay for the ROKOS website and hosting for 5 years and to order and officially support the new upcoming PINE64+) thanks to the supportive communities from ROKOS flavors.

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:46:18 PM

FinTech at CES 2016: MasterCard, Coin, Rokos, Samsung and SoftBank Are Making Waves

The International Consumer Electronic Show, being held in Las Vegas from January 6 to 9 this year, has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for more than 40 years.  The International Consumer Electronics Show showcases more than 3,600 exhibiting companies, including manufacturers, developers and suppliers of consumer technology hardware, content, technology delivery systems and more; a conference program with more than 200 conference sessions and more than 150K attendees from 150 countries.

http://letstalkpayments.com/fintech-at-ces-mastercard-coin-rokos-samsung-and-softbank-are-making-waves/

https://twitter.com/Marqeta/status/685155764542042112

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:18:27 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2016, 08:30:14 PM by OKtoshi

either way on the Banana,  great work and kudos to the team!

I'll be watching.

Banana Pi Pro arrived, Will Release ROKOS for Banana pi pro so everyone can have a Bitcoin Full node on them as well.
PINE64+ arrives in March. Cool

rikrikrik

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

where am i? HELLO WORLD

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 11:51:55 AM

ok i downloaded the zip and then what?> its a img file how do i mount that on my sd?

I sell small amounts of BTC for PayPal msg me for details and spot rate
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:31:37 PM

ok i downloaded the zip and then what?> its a img file how do i mount that on my sd?

You can use dd if on linux, or win32diskimage if you are on windows, here is a link on how to for windows.

I ll make video tutorials with this kind of info to add to the website for the users.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/installation/installing-images/windows.md

Already made the website open source as well if anyone wants to translate /add info, cooperate or do tutorials later on.

https://github.com/okcashpro/rokos.space

xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:05:38 AM

ROKOS OS's interface looks sleek. I've been running Raspbian OS on my Pi2 and was wondering if I could run a Bitcoin Node on it instead of switching to ROKOS. I'd prefer a similar setup like this, as in storing the BTC blockchain on an external Hard drive. I already have an 8GB Class 10 SD card with Rasbpian OS running.
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:08:34 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2016, 07:21:58 AM by OKtoshi

ROKOS OS's interface looks sleek. I've been running Raspbian OS on my Pi2 and was wondering if I could run a Bitcoin Node on it instead of switching to ROKOS. I'd prefer a similar setup like this, as in storing the BTC blockchain on an external Hard drive. I already have an 8GB Class 10 SD card with Rasbpian OS running.

Hi, Raspbian OS is whezzy based, to make use of all the power of your pi 2 you need jessie based, so I would recommend the OS upgrade.
When you start Bitcoin on ROKOS it ask where you want to save the blockchain, so you can select the external device from here.(Use external device for the blockchain is the base recommendation and way to work with ROKOS and Bitcoin [MicroSD cards tend to get corrupted with time and overwrites)

Even so, If you decide to keep your OS, you can compile and integrate Bitcoin to your system,
To do so Follow this instructions: http://raspnode.com/diyBitcoin.html

Thanks everyone for your trust and supporting the Bitcoin Network, more than 838+ downloads already, I work on every detail as If i was the final user and aimed to fill the needs from new bitcoin and crypto users to developers alike, glad you like the work, very motivated to continue and grow the innovation with each new release.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: