Print  
Author Topic: hey  (Read 4003 times)
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 02:31:39 PM

You just described something that has nothing to do with Bitcoin and yet you reached the conclusion of Bitcoin fail?

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 02:58:19 PM

You have USD, but want to withdraw EURO?

The first thing I would have done is buying BTC for my USD and sell them for EURO.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 03:04:06 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2012, 03:30:51 PM by mccorvic

ITT: Guy claims bitcoin fails because he can't figure out how extracting USD works on a third party website.

Dude, you might as well claim that cars fail because jet engines are too complicated. In reality, using BTC is infinitely easier than trying to use USD online. Deal with it.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
bowen151

Activity: 658

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 03:04:55 PM

magic
the

gathering
xchange

Yes, quite naive to blame the problems on BTC and not MTGOX.

Two completely different entities entirely.

Personally I wouldnt trust a site that started out for trading magic items lol

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 03:07:17 PM

I sold my bitcoins because I want to buy a new pc I had like 300 BTC
There are now lots of PCs for sale for Bitcoin at bitcoinstore.com. You don't HAVE to sell your bitcoins to get a PC.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 03:11:42 PM

There are now lots of PCs for sale for Bitcoin at bitcoinstore.com. You don't HAVE to sell your bitcoins to get a PC.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 03:19:30 PM

I don't think you can pay the VAT tax in Greece with bitcoins.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 03:59:56 PM

mtgox is great for the americans.. but not the europeans. so try a different exchange thats more european friendly

I sold btc at $11 to buy them at $13 because the main btc exchange is at fault??

you thought about this,really?

so you sold 300BTC at $11.. so that gives you $3300

buy them at the $13 price giving you around 250BTC. transfer them to another exchange such as bitcoincentral or btc-e and sell the 250 at the $13 and guess what...

you still have the $3300 you were happy to have several months ago... but in a different exchange that may accept your identity..

if you sold out several months ago you would have only had $3300 and you were happy with this amount. so you have not lost out anything but time. it would be worse if mtgox only returned 2cents to you or said you cannot have any money at all.

dont blame bitcoin for this.. blame the companies and the government laws that restrict your use of FIAT i would also recommend looking into the daily withdrawal limits stuff too.. as withdrawing too much in one go will flag extra identification being required by banks etc.

so withdraw 500 a day or whatever the limits are to ensure theres no red flags for high value money movements

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 04:02:33 PM

im astonished that you all fail (oh ye berate me its ok) to see that when the flagship site is not ok, then there is trouble with all btc.

It's your own failure of understanding. The whole point of BTC is that there is no such thing as a "flagship" site. There is no central control. Then the fact that you think BTC is best used for converting into USD and trying to extract from a website hosted in Japan is only further evidence that you're to fault here.  Deny these facts all you want, but you only have yourself to blame here, pal.

We can tell you are mad, but be mad at yourself, OK?

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Shotgun_WooWoo

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 04:37:44 PM

I'm coming to the same realization.  I think someone has hacked my computer remotely and is running screen capture programs.

I have my default homepage set to deepbit.net.  But every time I load my internet browser I get a security warning about the certificate the website is trying to approve. 

I investigated it and it turns out it's been sent through a sort of proxy, namely through/to a remote source.  A perfect possibility for someone to keylog my login details and steal what little bitcoins I have mined already.

This obviously is not working for me, maybe others, but I don't feel safe or productive doing it.

I wish it the best, but I don't think it's going to work out.

It's too bad too, now I have a keylogger to worry about...

Any ideas for security programs to run on my computer?  Chances are, the possible hacker may be logging this exact post.

prezbo

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 04:41:27 PM

I'm coming to the same realization.  I think someone has hacked my computer remotely and is running screen capture programs.

I have my default homepage set to deepbit.net.  But every time I load my internet browser I get a security warning about the certificate the website is trying to approve.  

I investigated it and it turns out it's been sent through a sort of proxy, namely through/to a remote source.  A perfect possibility for someone to keylog my login details and steal what little bitcoins I have mined already.

This obviously is not working for me, maybe others, but I don't feel safe or productive doing it.

I wish it the best, but I don't think it's going to work out.

It's too bad too, now I have a keylogger to worry about...

Any ideas for security programs to run on my computer?  Chances are, the possible hacker may be logging this exact post.

This sound like a network sniffing device. Is this your home or work computer? I've heard such devices are quite common in work environments where people spend time on facebook instead of doing the work.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 04:44:34 PM

. . . like, Microsoft sucks -> Dell has a problem . . .
You have that backwards.

Microsoft (Windows) would be what people are using, and Dell would be how some are using it.  There are other systems to run Windows on, you don't have to choose Dell.

BTC would be what people are using, and MtGox would be how some are using it. There are other exchanges to use your BTC on, you don't have to choose MtGox.

So what you meant to say is:

Dell sucks, Microsoft has a problem.
If Microsoft thinks its not her issue, well, ok. She's right.  People will still use her products, they'll just do it somewhere other than Dell.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 04:46:31 PM

May I ask how many emoticon/news/weather/radio toolbars you have on your browser?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 04:48:50 PM

. . . I think someone has hacked my computer remotely and is running screen capture programs . . .
. . . A perfect possibility for someone to keylog my login details and steal . . .
. . . I don't feel safe or productive doing it . . .
. . . It's too bad too, now I have a keylogger to worry about . . .
. . . Chances are, the possible hacker may be logging this exact post . . .
I'm not saying you are wrong,  I suppose it is possible that you're computer is being (or has been) hacked, or you weren't careful about what software you installed and have some sort of trojan running.  However, I'd also like to suggest the possibility that you may be experiencing a bit of paranoia?
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 04:54:34 PM

I actually get his arguments from the specific point of view of new user. He tried that bitcoin thing, and he lost control over his money, which is complete opposite of what was advertised.
Conclusion -> Man, don't even try that bitcoin thing.

I'm afraid that we need to get used to this kind of arguments, because most of the people simply don't get it and never will. They doesn't care about things like ecliptic curve crypto, proof of work and P2P. They just want quick and comfortable way of moving money. If that means selling their souls to PayPal or Western Union, they will do that (and gladly pay the fee!) instead of loosing money on foreign currency exchange.

Shotgun_WooWoo: Someone might as well capture your paypal login and internet banking login the same way. If you are accessing any sensitive information from that PC I recommend you to change password for those services as well. When it comes to wallet security, there is hardware wallet developed by Slush at the moment. Until it's finished, you have to take care of security yourself. Also remember that deepbit is 3rd party service and has nothing to do with bitcoin network as well. Also, most of the bitcoin related viruses were installed by users voluntarily by users in the past.
Rob E

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 05:30:46 PM

im astonished that you all fail (oh ye berate me its ok) to see that when the flagship site is not ok, then there is trouble with all btc.

like, Microsoft sucks -> Dell has a problem.

If Dell thinks its not her issue, well, ok. its just naive.

anw
thanks for the reccomendaitons for other sites.

Yeh i agree with you. . it's pretty weird it's like of a currency can't be exchanged at a bank it might not be the currency itself that is at fault ( this is called " nitpicking" i think) but the "Banks" how this does not rub off on bitcoin itself is a mystery to me. . On a comparable note . if the Bundesbank didn't exhange a currency any more. . or went into complicated methods to achieve this / at your expenses..  I think your " trust" in that currency would dim somewhat. .
Rob E

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 05:39:56 PM

It's your own failure of understanding. The whole point of BTC is that there is no such thing as a "flagship" site. There is no central control. Then the fact that you think BTC is best used for converting into USD and trying to extract from a website hosted in Japan is only further evidence that you're to fault here.  Deny these facts all you want, but you only have yourself to blame here, pal.

We can tell you are mad, but be mad at yourself, OK?
Who is "WE"  YOU? Why don't you speak for only yourself.  And " Flagship can refer to the most " importand" one.. He didn't refer to " Central controle" That's what you make out of it. .
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 05:45:45 PM

None of the problems the op stated are bitcoin problems. His problems are with the banking laws and fiat money system. Go tell them.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Rob E

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 05:55:57 PM

SO YOu Say.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 06:06:31 PM

. . . He didn't refer to " Central controle" That's what you make out of it. .

Unless I'm mistaken, central bank implies central control.

. . . Bitcoin is a currency, and its central bank Sucks . . .
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: