Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 03:14:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [USD and BTC needed]People are ready to pay high to trade. Take advantage of it!  (Read 16364 times)
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 10:12:23 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2013, 02:50:04 PM by unclescrooge

Hi all,

We'd like to present you our lending feature on Bitfinex. On this platform we allow traders to open leveraged position by borrowing funds from our lenders. And because bitcoin is volatile, people are ready to pay a high rate to leverage their trade. Currently, lenders are USD at an average rate of 39% a year, and BTC at an average rate of 16% a year! And yes, this are real loan taken by traders.
But we don't want to advantage one side of the market so we try to keep balanced reserves of each currency. That's why we need additional lenders!

Funds need updated on January 11th 2013:
Current needs:
We currently need:
-Over 40 000 USD to lend on Bitfinex
-Over 700 BTC to lend on Bitfinex

Managed accounts

If you're willing to lend more than 2000 USD or 200 BTC, I can manage your account for you, for free. You will have an access to your account at any time on Bitfinex, but I'll manage your lending offers to maximise your return. You will be able to withdraw your funds by confirming your request by email and/or PM for additionnal security.

Questions:

Q:I want to be a lender, what do i do ?
A:Go to bitfinex.com, open a "deposit" account, add funds to your account and read this ....https://bitfinex.com/pages/iwantto#lend

Q:How are interest rates calculated?
A: The interest is set by the lenders and the supply and demand will determine which offers are accepted?

Q:Why don't I earn interest even if I have a positive balance on my account?
A: Because no one can guarantee that you funds will be used

Q: Who use my funds ?
A: traders who want to trade on leverage

Q:Why make this thread ?
A:Bitfinex.com dont want to encourage one side market and thus keep balanced reserves of each currency.

Q:What you will do to not advantage one side of the market?
A: Post regular updated about the general needs for funds if there is any imbalance on the system

For any other questions, please check:
https://bitfinex.com/pages/security for how secure Bitfinex is
https://bitfinex.com/pages/iwantto for general Howtos
https://bitfinex.com/pages/howitworks for how Bitfinex works
https://bitfinex.com/pages/faq for general questions
or https://bitfinex.com/pages/contact
Bendur

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:02:38 AM

Impressive rates. The only problem I see is whether you can keep the coins safe or not.

myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:17:02 PM

Impressive rates. The only problem I see is whether you can keep the coins safe or not.
since most of trading happen on mtgox most of funds are also there

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:26:39 PM

The last one giving ultra high rates like this had a funny name to .... We know he sailed away some month ago...

Could you explain to a noob why I should trust you with my precious BTC?

myself
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:48:39 PM

The last one giving ultra high rates like this had a funny name to .... We know he sailed away some month ago...
Like OP is explaining BFX do not offer you interest is just giving you the opportunity to lend to other traders

Could you explain to a noob why I should trust you with my precious BTC?
if is you "precious" you should keep it in your pocket or the hobbits can find them  Wink  Wink  Wink

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 11:36:26 PM

So it's a service like BTCjam?

I'll test it anyway. Hope this time (got scammed @ BTCJam (twice... Shame on me)) it'll work well€

myself
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 05:51:01 AM

your funds are used to leverage traders positions
your money do not leave bfx
the traders cant take out the money and spend it

this is a simple example of what's happening with your funds
Also, what happens to your lended funds if the person you lend to gets liquidated?
you get them back  Grin liquidation is based on traders funds
example you are long term holder and decide to lend bitcoins
trader 1 take your 100 bitcoins and start shorting at the price of 10 usd per bitcoin
if the trader 1 have 500 USD he can afford a 500 USD loss (he is liquidated a bit earlier but to keep this simple) he can afford 5 usd loss per bitcoin
so the trader 1 will be liquidated at 15 usd per bitcoin
when trader 1 go short the 100 bitcoin at 10usd the platform gets 1000 USD from that sell plus it own 500 usd that make 1500 sufficient funds to buy back your 100 bitcoins at 15 usd per btc

also here you can see the average rate for active loans atm https://bitfinex.com/pages/interest

gabbergabe

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2012, 01:07:02 AM

Thanl you will follow closely!
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 01:42:25 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2012, 04:25:07 PM by yogi

I have been trading on bitfinex and, as such, borrow money from depositors. I have to put down a margin to cover the credit risk of the lenders. It's not possible for me to withdraw money that is locked up in a position. I couldn't default on these debts even if I wanted too, so the lenders are always paid back what they are owed.

Also the guys at bitfinex are friendly, and they resolve any problems quickly.

unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 11:35:23 PM

Hi,

See how we take care of your coins: https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/security

Basically: Funds are on our wallet, on mtgox (mostly) and on our bank account. On bitfinex servers, there is no hot wallet (only a cold wallet using Armory client), and no withdrawal API key for Mtgox. That means that even if someone could hack bitfinex, there is nothing to steal there. And yes, we do have proper backup of keys and wallet Smiley

The rates are not that high for bitcoin world, and it's the market rate between what traders are ready to pay and what you are willing to lend for.

Also, a tip for lenders: you don't always have to set the lower rate. Lending offers for 60 days are far more easily taken than lending offers for 7 days. So when you look at what others lenders are offering, don't just look at the rate, also look at the lending period.
I have been trading on bitfinex and, as such, borrow money from depositors. I have to put down a margin to cover the credit risk of the lenders. It's not possible for me to withdraw money that is locked up in a position. I couldn't default on these debts even if I wanted too, so the lenders are always paid back what they are owed.

Also the guys at bitfinex are friendly, and they resolve any problems quickly.

Yep, we "force" traders to pay back lenders, no worry here. And thanks for the words Yogi, we appreciate it Smiley

So, update of our need: We will have quite a lot of BTC lended in the next few days. We need at least 10 000 USD to not influence the market. Don't miss the opportunity!

If you need help in managing your account (to get the best rates and lending practices), send me a PM. Free account management offered!
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 03:18:15 PM

We have big BTC lenders coming in, we more than ever need USD lenders Smiley
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2012, 05:20:29 PM

Do you have any idea how much it would cost me to do a wire transfer into your account in France from my account in the US?  I might be interested in this on the USD side.  The BTC side is easy, of course.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 05:26:49 PM

Is there any assurances that you won't pull another Bitcoinica at us? I'm still wary of borrowing out my coins out, seeing how Roger and co fared in getting their coins back via court cases.
myself
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 05:43:37 PM

Is there any assurances that you won't pull another Bitcoinica at us? I'm still wary of borrowing out my coins out, seeing how Roger and co fared in getting their coins back via court cases.
put only amounts that are comfortable for you if said quantity is 10 put 10 if is 1 put one, on the other hand I can reply to your question with another one, do you demand the same amount of assurances to all bitcoin services ? just want to check if you have different standard for different services Tongue we can have along discussion about this topic and there is even a thread for that https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131566.0

Do you have any idea how much it would cost me to do a wire transfer into your account in France from my account in the US?  I might be interested in this on the USD side.  The BTC side is easy, of course.
imo the cheapest way is using mtgox codes(most trading happen there so there is a need for funds), email unclescrooge if other users did wire he can know the average costs  

unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 02:27:54 PM

Do you have any idea how much it would cost me to do a wire transfer into your account in France from my account in the US?  I might be interested in this on the USD side.  The BTC side is easy, of course.

Well, I won't lie to you, I'm more confortable with mtgox code, until we're registered and have a corporate bank account (hope to have it ready in a month).

Why? Reception cost is (on my side) 0.05% of total (min. 16,5 euros). I have decided that I will take this fee on me (so what I receive is what you get in your balance) but I'm not aware of others fees that you may have.

I think you will be more confortable once we're registered as a company and properly licenced to operate our financial services. Licenced means that we will have proper insurance to cover deposit.

I would like to reassure you that we (Myself and I) are dedicated to make the best financial platform for Bitcoin. Our users already saw the tremendous improvments that we brought to make margin trading financially sound and profitable. We have taken security into account from day 1 as you can see on our security page (no automated withdrawal, no bitcoins or mtgox funds stealing possible): https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/security

I'll update you of the legal incorporation of Bitfinex Smiley

I thank all the new lenders for the trust they showed by depositing the last few days Smiley
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:20:30 PM

Hi everyone,

USD reserves getting low, USD lenders are welcome!

Raphael
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 12:22:32 AM

Current need updated!

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 04:56:55 AM

Current need updated!

Seems like Credit has changed to Loans. Still the same thing? People won't be able to take the coins OUT of the system right?
myself
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 06:05:42 AM

People won't be able to take the coins OUT of the system right?
borrowers cant make withdrawals from credits, example if you borrow 100 BTC to short you will see short possible 100BTC nothing more

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 09:44:12 AM

People won't be able to take the coins OUT of the system right?
borrowers cant make withdrawals from credits, example if you borrow 100 BTC to short you will see short possible 100BTC nothing more
That's cool, I saw the text change to loans and I wondered if Bitfinex was trying to be BTCJAM Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: