Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:34:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please delete  (Read 23052 times)
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 01:57:28 PM

This is pittyful to watch, the entire thread should be removed.

+1

I would also like to see the whole thread removed as soon as Nethead does the right thing by sending the money back.

The information i have about your bussiness will never be removed. I will add them later. Bussiness names, not full contact info, and how you penetrate sensitive information.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 01:57:58 PM

The point is, blockchain is a site you back which supports anonymity. By posting his info and declaring yourself part owner you were simultaneously pointing out that you have access to records that can track people, and showing that you can access them at any time for someone requesting them such as the authorities. Nethead wont do the right thing, he has 9 posts assuming its not just a puppet, just scam tag him and move on, dont wreck your reputation for 50 dollars.

All the information I posted here came from Bitcoinstore.
None of it came from Blockchain.info (until after the scammer posted it himself)

ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 01:59:45 PM

I would also like to see the whole thread removed
No way. Everyone should see how Roger is destroying his business for few bucks.

it's not just going to hurt his business, it will also hurt blockchain.info, and Bitcoin. please remove the thread ASAP

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:01:05 PM

Do you deny that he owes me the money?

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:02:16 PM

The point is, blockchain is a site you back which supports anonymity. By posting his info and declaring yourself part owner you were simultaneously pointing out that you have access to records that can track people, and showing that you can access them at any time for someone requesting them such as the authorities. Nethead wont do the right thing, he has 9 posts assuming its not just a puppet, just scam tag him and move on, dont wreck your reputation for 50 dollars.

None of it came from Blockchain.info (until after the scammer posted it himself)

I am aware, I read the thread. But that does not matter, that is not what people will remember. It brings into question things like are the anonymous addresses actually anonymous? If the owners get raided for whatever reason will they just turn on all their users? I agree he owes you, but it is not worth it.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:02:30 PM

Why is the "secret phrase" stored unhashed anyway? That's just asking for trouble.
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:02:47 PM

it's not just going to hurt his business, it will also hurt blockchain.info, and Bitcoin. please remove the thread ASAP

No sensitive information from Blockchain was posted by anyone other than the blockchain account owner.

nethead

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:03:44 PM

I will make a new thread on this subject later, and i want this information i will post to stay online
nethead

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:05:17 PM

Do you deny that he owes me the money?

I DENY IT! IM SAYING THIS 3 PAGES NOW
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:07:56 PM

It brings into question things like are the anonymous addresses actually anonymous? If the owners get raided for whatever reason will they just turn on all their users? I agree he owes you, but it is not worth it.

I think it was not clarified:  the address the extra bitcoins were sent to are not an anonymous address that is part of Blockchain's mixer,  it was just a normal address in his blockchain wallet.

DannyM

Activity: 275

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:09:44 PM

So I guess passphrase information in blockchain.info is not hashed?
Bitcoinin

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:11:10 PM

The point, though, is that all of this got drug out into public because of the initial post.  It is reflecting poorly on the store, Blockchain.info, possibly Blockchain.info's wallet security, the other Bitcoin businesses you're connected to, the importance your businesses place on privacy/anonymity, and the professionalism of Bitcoin businesses in general.
nethead

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:11:31 PM

It brings into question things like are the anonymous addresses actually anonymous? If the owners get raided for whatever reason will they just turn on all their users? I agree he owes you, but it is not worth it.

I think it was not clarified:  the address the extra bitcoins were sent to are not an anonymous address that is part of Blockchain's mixer,  it was just a normal address in his blockchain wallet.

Give proof of it as i requested earlier. Sadly i havent saved a screenshot of it as i normaly do for payments
What i got from you was only my 32.something btc.

Please put an end to it, as i have to leave in about half an hour to 45 mins
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:12:35 PM

Dang, guess I won't be using blockchain.info anymore  Embarrassed

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:13:10 PM

Roger, can you please cool down, blank your first post, and seek a better outcome than a flamewar?

I don't want the next news article about Bitcoin to be entitled "In the lawless Bitcoin world, business owners seek revenge by publishing customer information"

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:13:49 PM

Wait, wait, wait. So Roger Ver has access to see users wallet passwords in plaintext? So he can theoretically log in to any account on Blockchain.info and send himself whatever he wants? Blaming it on "hackers"? Is that what is happening here?
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:13:58 PM

So I guess passphrase information in blockchain.info is not hashed?

No passphrase information was leaked or is even available.

If I knew his passphrase,  I could have logged into his account,  and taken my money back.

This is not possible by design with blockchain.

nethead

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 02:14:45 PM

As soon as this ends i give up the bitcoin idea entirely

All my bitcoins will be given away
I will start a thread sometime later today or max tommorow, This right here got me
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:15:31 PM

Wait, wait, wait. So Roger Ver has access to see users wallet passwords in plaintext? So he can theoretically log in to any account on Blockchain.info and send himself whatever he wants? Blaming it on "hackers"? Is that what is happening here?

NO,  this is not possible.

If it was,  I could have just taken my money back,  and none of this would have been an issue.

MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:16:05 PM

Roger, can you please cool down, blank your first post, and seek a better outcome than a flamewar?

I don't want the next news article about Bitcoin to be entitled "In the lawless Bitcoin world, business owners seek revenge by publishing customer information"

Done.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: