Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:37:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin After Death - The Will...  (Read 2618 times)
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 05:11:17 PM

Frankie is an amatuer and their is strong evidence of his links to malicious groups by his actions,

don't listen to him!!!

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 05:14:53 PM

My coins will be remain stored for forever at this moment it is really hard for me to trust at anyone if die today but maybe tomorrow i will change my mind and would like to share about cold storage with my girl Wink
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 05:32:50 PM

I have got all my wallet address in a folder which is stored in a pendrive and i have everthing written in a paper and all documents are stored in a safe, which only my wife knows about it, so if anything happens to me she will be the next person to touch it. if my son become elder then he will get all the access. because i am doing this to them only if they dont know it then what is the use of this assets.
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:26:53 PM

I do think that the people behind the bitcoin trading have had this as a concern and very sure that there is plan in place that will make things right. Just like banks do, I am sure that there is a department that is set aside to do such like cases. Please do not e afraid of the investment, just  make sure that every information you have put on your profile is correct so that we give the people who handle them an easy time when we are no more. It is always a concern for everyone who invests.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:31:15 PM

What happens if i amass a fortune in bitcoins and i die. Who will guarantee my fortune is divided among those in my Will?

Who would you trust with your private keys?

obviously multisig it. where each inheritor only has 1 key.. that you give them today and the executor of the Will has a key also.
where only at the execution of the will, would all participants collectively combine the keys to send the funds out

With the current state bitcoin is in, would you trust those inheritors to keep the keys safe all that time?

Big chance that anyone not fully into bitcoin will have long forgotten the key by the time they inherit your bitcoins.
sebdude420 (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 11:35:20 PM

Here is my idea. Ill get a safety deposit box at several banks. Have the banks set my inheritors to all my family members. Then ill place cold storage offline wallets in each of the safety deposit boxes, along with my bars of gold, silver, platinum, and various artifacts. Then I will also leave a DVD video they can watch with me expalining to them how to take the coins out and sell them and instructing them how to divide the money amongst eachother.

How does that sound to you?

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 11:51:16 PM

paper wallet them all and put them in a deposit box.

Give the key to your lawyer with instructions. That is what I
would do if I had tons of bitcoin. For the couple bitcoins I have
now I will be taking them with me cause no one knows my info
lol.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:00:47 AM

There was a topic about this subject a year ago already. Makes me think my situation hasn't changed. If I die tomorrow, my BTC are lost forever. The only people I trust enough to share my wallet with are not computer-savvy and they told me several times I should stay out of BTC. So unless I meet some new people who I could trust and who are interested, nothing will change.

My BTC would just add to the ever growing sum of lost BTC.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
4by2

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:11:58 AM

What happens if i amass a fortune in bitcoins and i die. Who will guarantee my fortune is divided among those in my Will?

I would print out my will, make it definitive who will receive the Bitcoin, and to prevent any security breaches or anything from the requirement of writing down the private address, I would write it out by hand, if there was enough Bitcoin to leave behind to make it worthwhile.
Cheap Ass

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:13:10 AM

obviously multisig it. where each inheritor only has 1 key.. that you give them today and the executor of the Will has a key also.
where only at the execution of the will, would all participants collectively combine the keys to send the funds out

wow that was such a clever answer, would have never thought of that
coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:23:35 AM

If you did not give your private keys to anyone, these bitcoin will be gone forever. That is why I told my brother where I stored my priv keys and I taught him how could he spend them.
Moneyburner

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:27:54 AM

The easiest way would have to be writing out exactly what to do in the will. Where your private key / passwords are.

Or if close to death just tell someone what to do or give them access to your wallet.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Cs87kxy

Activity: 185

https://BoostCrypto.com - Earn 250% in 200 Hours

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:28:18 AM

You could explain to your family (parents / brother) or your wife how redeem your btc in case of death, maybe with a sort of message that they can open only when you leave earth.

If there was more trusted site for saving btc I think you could easily store your funds there and then give only the access, all problem are solved.
Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:09:42 AM

You need to write a legal contract and designate individuals who you want to give your private keys too. If you do have bitcoins, you should specifiy who you are leaving your bitcoins to. Don't treat bitcoin anything differently then leaving someone your house. Go to a lawyer, get a notarized document and state what will happen with your bitcoins. To lose bitcoins or not give them because you didn't properly maintain them is ridiculous.
*This will take effort on your part. Get ready for a legal battle among your surviving kin if you don't designate who and what you are giving to them.
Not something to think about after dying and that your family is fighting for all your belongings.

Ps. you could just write I am leaving "this" property to "this individual. But you really should have something officially written up so it official and can't be argued in court by the individuals who you wish to leave no property to.

*Place this in a safety deposit box and make sure you safely store it. A written contract by a lawyer is not arguable in court. You write a contract and sign the terms, you have to abide by the terms legally on what you signed on. No lawyer would ever try to argue a contract that was signed legally and consciously.
yoona

Activity: 493

Live by your own rules

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:12:26 AM

this is agood post, and of course, important for those who have bitcoin in large numbers, and they feel the need mewarsikan or entrust their bitcoin account, but I do not feel the need to do so at this time, because I still do not have enough bitcoin.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:24:58 AM

You could sign a legal contract which involves a lawyer and everything.
Getting a lawyer and setting all that up seems more of a legitimate way to go in this case.
Altcoinsupporter

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:29:49 AM

Well for now my family don't use bitcoin even I am going to give them I don't think they will know how to use it.
I think if I have children I will just teach them and give them i I die. I don't really care who to trust with my key I am dead after all.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:54:10 AM

Just introduce a family member to bitcoin and get them enthusiastic could also massively reduce the risk

Just tell them instructions on how to get access to the private keys and the first problem is solved.

Ofcourse, there is a slight risk of theft this way and hiding from the other inheritors.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:56:08 AM

If I ever get to that point where I own so many bitcoins, I will get myself a lawyer and set up contracts. That's the best way to go I think. Getting a lawyer is one of the best things to do to prevent issues within the family as to who gets what and how much.
flagpara

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:19:50 AM

I will never trust any one with my private keys, even not with multisig. My coins will remain unused in their wallets for ever if something happens with me. That's how I think about it right now. It might change when I become a father, then I will try to find a way to make sure at some point in the future my kids can access the coins.

I don't want to intrude in private matters but it should change the day you become a husband. So before you become a father. Important to think about what you'll let to your partner if anything shall happen to you.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: