Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:19:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone is hyping about bitcoin price in 2016  (Read 10611 times)
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2205
Merit: 3157

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 06:09:36 PM

It seems like a very common rhetoric that the price is bound to increase, but somebody has to be thinking the opposite otherwise the price would have ballooned already.

I'm interested in hearing the argument against the price increase.

Even though the daily new supply of bitcoins gets reduced by 50%, the total amount of existing bitcoins increases. This dilutes the price per bitcoin, if there is no new demand.

In other words, Bitcoin is still inflationary even though inflation gets cut in half (to a more healthy ~4%).

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fricircled

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 07:53:46 AM

It seems like a very common rhetoric that the price is bound to increase, but somebody has to be thinking the opposite otherwise the price would have ballooned already.

Even though the daily new supply of bitcoins gets reduced by 50%, the total amount of existing bitcoins increases. This dilutes the price per bitcoin, if there is no new demand.

In other words, Bitcoin is still inflationary even though inflation gets cut in half (to a more healthy ~4%).

The new demand is the key to the success of bitcoin. We need to find more users for the bitcoin. I use bitcoin.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:09:05 AM

The new demand is the key to the success of bitcoin. We need to find more users for the bitcoin. I use bitcoin.

It takes time to get more people on board to use Bitcoin. We can't force people to join us, but we can show them how they can benefit from it. Then they can choose whether or not to join.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:24:46 AM

yeah but the point it that miners will dump less on the market, so if the demand stay the same the price should increase as a consequence of less dumping, this will not count the hype and everythign else concerning the halving

this si the possible minimum increase
GermanGiant (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:07:27 PM

It takes time to get more people on board to use Bitcoin. We can't force people to join us, but we can show them how they can benefit from it. Then they can choose whether or not to join.
Telling them about real world uses like Purse.io for Amazon discount or Foldapp.com for Starbucks discount may do the wonder...
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1213

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 04:39:06 AM

Bitcoin hype is due to the halving within the mid of this year. Now from the past week the price is increasing continuously, this also makes users hype more about this year.
The question is what will happen after the halving is done ? Will bitcoin fall sharp ?

If the price goes very high on halving, sure there will be gradual fall in price. But this won't be a sharp fall. Price will get stabilized after a certain fall of price.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:38:29 AM

Bitcoin hype is due to the halving within the mid of this year. Now from the past week the price is increasing continuously, this also makes users hype more about this year.
The question is what will happen after the halving is done ? Will bitcoin fall sharp ?

it will all come down to how the rise is. people have been hyping about halving and a big rise (a bubble) for over six months now, but the price of bitcoin has been rising gradually from the lowest price of $190 to the current $450 and as we can see now, the fall backs are only temporary and small because of panic sells. so that would be the same in the future too.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
fricircled

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 07:28:08 AM

it will all come down to how the rise is. people have been hyping about halving and a big rise (a bubble) for over six months now, but the price of bitcoin has been rising gradually from the lowest price of $190 to the current $450 and as we can see now, the fall backs are only temporary and small because of panic sells. so that would be the same in the future too.

Bank of American Merril Lynch did analysis of the value of bitcoin in 2013. It was determined to be $1200. Today, it  should be more.
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:07:16 PM

Now, as we are standing at the door of 600, what do u think?

Ademen

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 07:43:20 AM

I think the price could be $600 during the time of halving, ie 10 July. then it will rise to $900 in year end.
DavidoAlto

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 08:20:26 AM

They are doing that because they can now see the value of Bitcoin and that is really nice because the value is now rising so that is quite good for the people who already have it.
But the best thing that they have to do is not to be greedy and just sell it on the right moment when they can earn profit.
Tafbiat

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 07:39:20 AM

I think the price could be $600 during the time of halving, ie 10 July. then it will rise to $900 in year end.

The price is already $630 now. I think the price could be $650 during the halving time, but I could be wrong.
fravia

Activity: 770

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 08:10:25 AM

This concerns me about what will happen to bitcoin price after 2016 ? Will it crash after the block halving ? Is there any upcoming incident in 2017-18 that may push the price up again ?

well yes everyone including me are hyped for price this year, because of simple reasons, i have some bitcoins in my wallet now, and price after halving will be very, very large

so i will sell my bitcoins then, when price will be large and i will get lots of profit so this is why i am so hyped about price this year, and i am sure that others are hyped for same reasons

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 08:18:06 AM

This concerns me about what will happen to bitcoin price after 2016 ? Will it crash after the block halving ? Is there any upcoming incident in 2017-18 that may push the price up again ?

well yes everyone including me are hyped for price this year, because of simple reasons, i have some bitcoins in my wallet now, and price after halving will be very, very large

so i will sell my bitcoins then, when price will be large and i will get lots of profit so this is why i am so hyped about price this year, and i am sure that others are hyped for same reasons

the main reason really is the halving event and people really hyping the price of bitcoin some other saying bitcoin well reach to 1k$ and some other said bitcoin will die in this year but really i can say for this is really impressive year for bitcoin and price is really rising up for more many people well talking and speculating the bitcoins price success.

phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:29:11 PM

The price is still going up so I can understand why people are getting hyped because of this. I am also ready to sell some coins because the price is nice and high right now.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:38:23 PM

The price is still going up so I can understand why people are getting hyped because of this. I am also ready to sell some coins because the price is nice and high right now.

I think it is not the time to sell our coins, the price of bitcoin is still much lesser regarding to the expectations from halving, we should have to wait a few months more as after a few months we will see the price more higher maybe it will be doubled up at that time.
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:46:22 PM

I think it is not the time to sell our coins, the price of bitcoin is still much lesser regarding to the expectations from halving, we should have to wait a few months more as after a few months we will see the price more higher maybe it will be doubled up at that time.

when prices are very low under $400, we expect the rise in prices to sell and now the price is very high, but people always want to be greedy, to await higher. I think to sell some today it's good, but is waiting closer when halving it better

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:12:12 AM

when prices are very low under $400, we expect the rise in prices to sell and now the price is very high, but people always want to be greedy, to await higher. I think to sell some today it's good, but is waiting closer when halving it better

Yes, you can sell some coins and book profits.
It is kind of de-risking your portfolio.
You should apply the same rules of traditional trading to Bitcoin as well.  Smiley

JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:41:52 AM

Yes, you can sell some coins and book profits.
It is kind of de-risking your portfolio.
You should apply the same rules of traditional trading to Bitcoin as well.  Smiley

Yes if current price is allowing you to earn some profits then you should sell some of your coins and  hold rest for the future as price will be even higher at the time of halving.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:07:13 AM

Everybody is hyping about it but right now that is also not really bad and the truth is that the price is gonna rise to a high amount, to be honest its now already raised to a pretty high amount.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: