Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:08:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:23:35 AM

Mining on a few machines.  Really like the concept here and look forward to seeing where this goes.

Already in the Slack, come join!   Grin

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:29:44 AM

Mining on a few machines.  Really like the concept here and look forward to seeing where this goes.

Already in the Slack, come join!   Grin

Yupe, me too. This will be a fun coin to play around with, like the concept a lot, would not expect interest based coin such as this from  PoW.  There is already pretty good group of people on slack.

So HODL I say...

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 01:42:58 PM

Hey FreeTrade welcome back. Haven't seen you around for a while. I like this idea of locking up coins in order to gain interest. It should create scarcity for the first year or two. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out on the exchanges.

I think I'll spin up some of my better CPUs to mine me some.
WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 03:10:36 PM

I see, sounds good. Will try it out today with my P7. Long time ago I have used my machine for mining. Would be great to find a Block.

Installing the Wallet for Windows was quite easy, good dev!
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:45:34 PM

Hey FreeTrade welcome back. Haven't seen you around for a while. I like this idea of locking up coins in order to gain interest. It should create scarcity for the first year or two. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out on the exchanges.

Hey thanks! I forgot how much I missed the excitement of the altcoin scene. It's good to be back. Good luck finding some HODL. Remember to HODL them right up if you do.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
Kushedout
Legendary

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:51:34 PM

Hey thanks! I forgot how much I missed the excitement of the altcoin scene. It's good to be back. Good luck finding some HODL. Remember to HODL them right up if you do.

Locking 4500 HODL for a year.  now we play the waiting game...

I'll continue mining it though, gona need some to play with on the market as well.

trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:49:20 PM

I'll continue mining it though, gona need some to play with on the market as well.
good boy, did the same with mine 2k.. mining still

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 09:51:17 PM

good boy, did the same with mine 2k.. mining still

I got lucky last night! Mining with 3 CPUs i7 4790's and found 8 blocks. WOOT! a few more nights like this and I too will be HODLING 2000 coins for a year at crazy interest.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 10:26:51 PM

I got lucky last night! Mining with 3 CPUs i7 4790's and found 8 blocks. WOOT! a few more nights like this and I too will be HODLING 2000 coins for a year at crazy interest.

A lot of people are HODLing for the maximum time period - it might not be the best strategy, as it  may create a big glut (price crash) at this time next year - better if maturation dates are spread out a bit - try 9, 10 or 11 months. I must put together a chart of the bonus interest paid against time periods.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 10:57:56 PM

Here's the chart that shows the bonus paid on interest based on the term deposit -

Term deposits
1 week term deposit ~ 6.5% bonus on interest
1 month term deposit ~ 25% bonus on interest
3 month term deposit ~ 60% bonus on interest
6 month term deposit ~ 87% bonus on interest
1 year term deposit ~ 100% bonus on interest

incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:02:23 PM

Here's the chart that shows the bonus paid on interest based on the term deposit -

Term deposits
1 week term deposit ~ 6.5% bonus on interest
1 month term deposit ~ 25% bonus on interest
3 month term deposit ~ 60% bonus on interest
6 month term deposit ~ 87% bonus on interest
1 year term deposit ~ 100% bonus on interest

Nice, will be doing some 3-6month locks.

Happy time locking!
IW

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:18:29 AM

I'm joining the mining I want part of this coin that doesn't seem to need an exchange for the next few months..

Freetrade I really think you created a true coin to be hodl with this time lock idea.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:41:30 AM

I'm joining the mining I want part of this coin that doesn't seem to need an exchange for the next few months..

Freetrade I really think you created a true coin to be hodl with this time lock idea.

Thanks! Don't EXHCANGE, HODL.

Latest wallet is here -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5Ax5kejTpMZkl4dEhRLWlSYmc/view?usp=sharing

New nodes and better info on hashes per second in the debug.log file to help you tweak your mining.

proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:46:18 AM

is the link above a third iteration or the same as the one you posted yesterday? if so, what changed?
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:48:25 AM

is the link above a third iteration or the same as the one you posted yesterday? if so, what changed?

New stuff, minor - check the github for details,

Summary
New nodes and better info on hashes per second in the debug.log file to help you tweak your mining.

Kushedout
Legendary

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:53:55 AM

samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 07:43:05 PM

I like the paying interest concept... I've seen it and a few other cryptos and I truly believe this could be one of the things we can give avg. people to help them A) get involve with Crypto and B) replace a function of  traditional banking..

I have decided to mine this coin a little and play around with it.. I haven't dug into the code at all so I may be talking out of turn however Im seeing a few things that I felt worth bringing attention to..

First thing I just need to clear this up a little.. the APR info in the OP is confusing well at least to me.. It shows "1 year term deposite ~ 100% bonus on interest" does this mean if you deposite for 1 year you get 100% of the annual APR? or does this mean you get 100% on top of the APR? I think the term "bonus" used in the 100% and "bonus" used in the APR description may be whats throwing me off..

Second I see 1st month ~ 2143% APR however we are at 4243% (at the time of writing this) was the OP written before you decided to bump the starting ARP? if so I can see why my math is off.. if not well then I'm not sure what I have wrong...

Third I havn't been able to work out the math on your dropping APR.. meaning starting at 4500% then dropping it 6.16438 each day for the 730 days (2 years) brings us to 0% however that would mean we are at ~4475% (time of writing) not ~4243% (time of writing) So I must be doing something wrong? The only reason I know its 4243% (atm) is by using the wallet pop-up prompt...

Forth I can see you worked hard to make it more advantages to lock (hodl) funds for longer periods vs.  short-term compounded schemes.. This is where the decreasing APR comes in handy because with 3 months at 60% if the APR remained constant it would be in someones benefit benefit to work the 60% short-term on a compound leaving them tempted to perhaps dump prior to the full year.. Now without me being able to factor this decreasing ARP I haven't been able to work out if the APR reduction reduction is timed proper against a 90 day compound scheme...

ok last thing.. From the OP and from what I can somewhat see in my wallet it looks like "all outputs" are supposed to earn intereset.. from your sig I think this is supposed to be 0.000015% per block.. once agian maybe Im looking at this wrong.. but I see may balance in my wallet increasing with almost every block.. The problem Im finding is (once again Im feeling lazy right now.. havent looked at the code..) is this intreast isn't like a PoS subsidy.. meaning I see my wallet balance increasing however when I go to Coin Control and  look at each of my coin holding addresses on the blockchian... I can't seem to find where the interest is going or coming from... Could you clear this up please.. where do we find this interest being paid and how does it work?

Any clarification you can give would be great...

I haven't seen to many hashrates posted (great work on the updated logging by the way) so I will post what I'm finding..

i7 3820 oc to 4.3ghz       - 148 h/s (8 threads)
AWS c3.4xlarge (16 cpu) - 206 h/s (best set @ only 12 threads)
AWS c3.8xlarge (32 cpu) - 501 h/s (best set @ only 30 threads)

I have 5 Xeon servers in storage... I'm going to point them at it here in the next few days.. I don't think cloud servers are ever a good source of what to expect with an algo like this.. I mean 140's per 8 threads on most rigs should be where we are at.. So my thoughts the AWS instances or low (seen it before..) I will know more when I spin up these Xeons

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:55:43 PM

I like the paying interest concept... I've seen it and a few other cryptos and I truly believe this could be one of the things we can give avg. people to help them A) get involve with Crypto and B) replace a function of  traditional banking..

I have decided to mine this coin a little and play around with it.. I haven't dug into the code at all so I may be talking out of turn however Im seeing a few things that I felt worth bringing attention to..

First thing I just need to clear this up a little.. the APR info in the OP is confusing well at least to me.. It shows "1 year term deposite ~ 100% bonus on interest" does this mean if you deposite for 1 year you get 100% of the annual APR? or does this mean you get 100% on top of the APR? I think the term "bonus" used in the 100% and "bonus" used in the APR description may be whats throwing me off..

Second I see 1st month ~ 2143% APR however we are at 4243% (at the time of writing this) was the OP written before you decided to bump the starting ARP? if so I can see why my math is off.. if not well then I'm not sure what I have wrong...

Third I havn't been able to work out the math on your dropping APR.. meaning starting at 4500% then dropping it 6.16438 each day for the 730 days (2 years) brings us to 0% however that would mean we are at ~4475% (time of writing) not ~4243% (time of writing) So I must be doing something wrong? The only reason I know its 4243% (atm) is by using the wallet pop-up prompt...

Forth I can see you worked hard to make it more advantages to lock (hodl) funds for longer periods vs.  short-term compounded schemes.. This is where the decreasing APR comes in handy because with 3 months at 60% if the APR remained constant it would be in someones benefit benefit to work the 60% short-term on a compound leaving them tempted to perhaps dump prior to the full year.. Now without me being able to factor this decreasing ARP I haven't been able to work out if the APR reduction reduction is timed proper against a 90 day compound scheme...

ok last thing.. From the OP and from what I can somewhat see in my wallet it looks like "all outputs" are supposed to earn intereset.. from your sig I think this is supposed to be 0.000015% per block.. once agian maybe Im looking at this wrong.. but I see may balance in my wallet increasing with almost every block.. The problem Im finding is (once again Im feeling lazy right now.. havent looked at the code..) is this intreast isn't like a PoS subsidy.. meaning I see my wallet balance increasing however when I go to Coin Control and  look at each of my coin holding addresses on the blockchian... I can't seem to find where the interest is going or coming from... Could you clear this up please.. where do we find this interest being paid and how does it work?

I haven't seen to many hashrates posted (great work on the updated logging by the way) so I will post what I'm finding..

i7 3820 oc to 4.3ghz       - 148 h/s (8 threads)
AWS c3.4xlarge (16 cpu) - 206 h/s (best set @ only 12 threads)
AWS c3.8xlarge (32 cpu) - 501 h/s (best set @ only 30 threads)

I have 5 Xeon servers in storage... I'm going to point them at it here in the next few days.. I don't think cloud servers are ever a good source of what to expect with an algo like this.. I mean 140's per 8 threads on most rigs should be where we are at.. So my thoughts the AWS instances or low (seen it before..) I will know more when I spin up these Xeons

Sam, wow, lots of great, well thought out questions there. I'll get back shortly with the answers.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:11:52 PM

I like the paying interest concept... I've seen it and a few other cryptos and I truly believe this could be one of the things we can give avg. people to help them A) get involve with Crypto and B) replace a function of  traditional banking..

Forth I can see you worked hard to make it more advantages to lock (hodl) funds for longer periods vs.  short-term compounded schemes.. This is where the decreasing APR comes in handy because with 3 months at 60% if the APR remained constant it would be in someones benefit benefit to work the 60% short-term on a compound leaving them tempted to perhaps dump prior to the full year.. Now without me being able to factor this decreasing ARP I haven't been able to work out if the APR reduction reduction is timed proper against a 90 day compound scheme...

ok last thing.. From the OP and from what I can somewhat see in my wallet it looks like "all outputs" are supposed to earn intereset.. from your sig I think this is supposed to be 0.000015% per block.. once agian maybe Im looking at this wrong.. but I see may balance in my wallet increasing with almost every block.. The problem Im finding is (once again Im feeling lazy right now.. havent looked at the code..) is this intreast isn't like a PoS subsidy.. meaning I see my wallet balance increasing however when I go to Coin Control and  look at each of my coin holding addresses on the blockchian... I can't seem to find where the interest is going or coming from... Could you clear this up please.. where do we find this interest being paid and how does it work?

Ok, I should probably start writing an FAQ. I'll start here.

FAQ 1: How in heck do I calculate what interest I'm going to get?

1. The Standard Interest Rate
Interest is paid on regular balances (outputs), on every block, for a period of up to 30 days (561x30 blocks). The rate is  0.0000002384185791015625% (1/2^22). It's compounded every block, so the rate is approximated 5% APR. However, remember there is a maximum of 30 days, so to get that APR, you'd need to log in each month and shuffle the HODL to a new address.

2. Term Deposit Bonus
So if you lock an amount of HODL as a term deposit, you get a bonus on the interest. The longer the deposit, the bigger bonus. The bonus is just a multiplier of the interest, so if you locked up 100 HODL for 1 year, you'd expect a return of 5 HODL. The term deposit bonus for 1 year is about 100% - so at the end of the term you'd have 110 HODL (Capital 100 + Interest 5 + Term Deposit Bonus 5). See the chart for the multipliers, or use this formula - =(1-((409530-X)/409530)^7)*100  (X is the number of blocks to lock for, min 2 days, max 1 year)

3. Bonus Interest Rates
So here's where it gets interesting and also a little complicated. To encourage early adoption, astronomical rates of interest are paid in the early months. The max rate is 0.0000152587890625 (1/2^16). Compounded, the rate is 2274%. It's reduced every block by a multiplier - calculated like this =(409530-X/409530)^4 (X is the block where the amount is locked). See the previous chart.
So to calculate your full bonus return . . . it's
Principal + ((Standard Interest + (Bonus Interest * Bonus Multiplier))*Term Deposit Multiplier)

n.b. When a Term Deposit matures, it stops earning interest - you need to move it to start earning interest again.
n.b. Bonus rates are paid on regular balances too
n.b. The bonus rate is locked at the time of the transaction, the rate you can achieve reduces over time due to the multiplier, but once you're earning that bonus rate, it doesn't reduce.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:24:25 PM

I'm going to remove further trading requests from this thread - I don't mean to be heavy handed, I just want to keep this focused on the properties of the coin. Start a new thread, or use Slack to do trading for now please.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: