Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:18:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Fishmaster42

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:04:15 AM

I'll jump in with a picture, Gangsta HODL Cheesy

Love dat Gangster HOdl .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 04:08:17 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 08:54:53 PM by samsmith16

Been lurking around this topic mining HOdl for a couple days and thought I'd put together a little could mining tutorial for anyone who's interested.
I can't promise any coins as I haven't managed to find any blocks on my 3 seperate 2cpu clouds running for 2 days straight at 30h/s each LOL...but if you feel like spending money you can upgrade to something a little faster.

I've been using www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=f880234fe461 (referral link will get you $10 free credit, but you have to spend $5 to activate account regardless)

The 2cpu option is $.03/hour so with the $10 credit and $5 activation you can mine for 500 hours.

Once activated, click the green "create droplet" in the upper right corner of the page.

Use Ubuntu as OS (Debian will work but requires more work to get bitcoin repository)

Select cloud Specs(2 CPU is the only one available by default and anything better requires a deposit. $10 extra got me access to the 4g ram 2cpu which was useless and I'm not sure what it takes to get the better ones.)

All other variables are optional but if you are a beginner just leave it default and create the droplet.

Once it's done, click "more" next to your droplet and chose "access console" from the drop-down list.

Now type "root" and hit enter.  It will prompt you for a password which was emailed to you upon creation of the droplet. (You will need to enter it twice and change it to something else.)

Once you are logged into root you can get started.  Enter these commands one at a time, hitting enter after each and allow the process to finish completely before entering the next.  Many of them will require that you select Y for yes or N for no.  Always chose y then hit enter.
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install checkinstall subversion git git-core build-essential
apt-get install libssl-dev libminiupnpc-dev
add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
apt-get update
apt-get install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev
apt-get install libboost-all-dev automake libtool autoconf
apt-get install pkg-config
git clone https://github.com/FreeTrade/HOdlcoin
cd HOdlcoin
./autogen.sh && ./configure --without-gui
make
make install
mkdir -p ~/.hodlcoin/
nano ~/.hodlcoin/hodlcoin.conf
From here you will create your configuration file.  I recommend the following
Code:
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
p2pport=1989
rpcport=11989
daemon=1
server=1
gen=1
minermemory=1
genproclimit=-1
miningaddress=yourwalletaddresshere
Note that quotation marks are necessary around the wallet address that you wish to mine to.

Once complete, ctrl+o to write, then ctrl+x to exit nano

Now to start the miner and view its progress, enter the following commands
Code:
cd ~/.hodlcoin
hodlcoind
tailf debug.log
To exit the status of debug.log you can use ctrl+c

To stop the miner once out of debug.log use,
Code:
holdcoin-cli stop
Once started you can leave the webpage and it will continue mining.  

If anyone finds typos, incorrect information, or has any critique let me know and i will correct the post.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will help as much as possible!

Thanx for putting all of this in 1 post... I need to get the Linux guide over to GitHub..

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:10:12 AM

I hit one today happy day. I been working a full size computer and a laptop for 6 full days and today. the nut dropped. Im up to 429 hodl. Our song should be HOdl on Loosely. Lyrics go great with this situation.  Shocked

Funny you should say that as I hit one today myself after slaving away at it for 3 days since my last with an i5 with 4GB Ram on the standard setgenerate true -1 settings, miraculously the last blocks I hit before this one were 1 hour apart from each other on the same day when the difficulty was between 38,000-50,000Kh/s

This is fun in itself & I can see there is quite a big community supporting this fine coin Smiley
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 06:58:59 AM

GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 08:44:56 AM

I just git cloned the github and after compiling the source I'm getting this error on hodlcoind:

"errors" : "This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications"

and it shows this version number: "version" : 1000099

and just yesterday I did the same on another box with a version number 110200, without any error message.

What am I doing wrong?

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:47:49 AM

I just git cloned the github and after compiling the source I'm getting this error on hodlcoind:

"errors" : "This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications"

and it shows this version number: "version" : 1000099

and just yesterday I did the same on another box with a version number 110200, without any error message.

What am I doing wrong?

nothing wrong, this is intended behavior
coinstash

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

G'day!

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 11:00:27 AM

Bug report: Wallet.

Mined HOdl don't show up in the Pending balance.

of course not, they show up as "Immature"

Aha.

HOdlcoin tip jar: HHodLxkjawXxt86EnDB1i8hCxkC4exGvab
coinstash

G'day!

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 11:11:35 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 07:42:07 AM by coinstash

You can generate vanity addresses with the following command in the VanityGen utility:

vanitygen -X 40 -k -q HHodL

Unfortunately 'HOdl' won't work because base58 contains no 'O' or 'l' (lower case 'L') characters, and 'HodL' won't work since HOdl (the currency) has a type 40 address prefix and that would have needed a type 41 address prefix.

I still haven't worked out how to import the private key into a wallet. Have fun!

See my sig for an example. Valid address ranges seem to be H6X -> H9 and HA -> HVrjN or so.

Fuzzbawls

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:29:56 AM

You can generate vanity addresses with the following command in the VanityGen utility:

vanitygen -X 40 -k -q HHodL

Unfortunately 'HOdl' or 'HodL' won't work since HOdl has a type 40 address prefix and that would have needed a type 41 address prefix. The former example also won't work because base58 contains no 'O' or 'l' characters.

I still haven't worked out how to import the private key into a wallet. Have fun!

See my sig for an example.

in the RPC Console GUI: importprivkey <private_key>
using CLI: hodlcoin-cli importprivkey <private_key>
tamara163
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:32:21 PM

when the exchange get?
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 07:55:10 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2016, 11:20:00 PM by trader19

when the exchange get?
we HOdl not exchange  Grin

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
bRitzST9617

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:11:04 PM

Been lurking around this topic mining HOdl for a couple days and thought I'd put together a little could mining tutorial for anyone who's interested.
I can't promise any coins as I haven't managed to find any blocks on my 3 seperate 2cpu clouds running for 2 days straight at 30h/s each LOL...but if you feel like spending money you can upgrade to something a little faster.

I've been using www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=f880234fe461 (referral link will get you $10 free credit, but you have to spend $5 to activate account regardless)

etc etc etc

Spam. This was covered by user samsmith weeks ago, and you've just cut & pasted his guide.

If you use services that require a reference code as part of your duty to get new customers, you've gone commercial. I'm pretty sure that posting such advertising to a thread not specified for such use would (or should) be against the policy of this forum.

Not spamming, I only posted the reference code because you get $10 if you use it, If someone wants to use a different cloud service to mine or sign up and not get free credit then good on them, but I spent a lot of time figuring out how to get it up and running and wanted to put together a start to finish guide for anyone that doesn't want to have to piece together posts from all throughout this thread and maybe doesn't even know where to start and part of that is figuring out where you can actually cloud mine. I looked at a lot of sites and read through terms and agreements and a lot of cloud servers only allow 100% cpu usage for brief intervals and will ban you for mining 24/7 so I thought I'd share which service I ended up using.  I have no duty to get new customers and only get free credit if a referral spends $25 which I wouldn't and didn't recommend as you can get 500 hours of mining for $5.  I appreciate looking out for spammers because I hate that shit in these forums too and I almost didn't use the the ref code for that exact reason, but it seems that the benefit for anyone that uses it far outweighs the possibility of me being misunderstood as a spammer.
bRitzST9617

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:21:14 PM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 12:13:09 AM by bRitzST9617

Thanx for putting all of this in 1 post... I need to get the Linux guide over to GitHub..

I think it would be helpful to note that the add-apt-repository program isn't always included in Debian and can be added using
Code:
apt-get install software-properties-common
coinstash

G'day!

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 11:58:52 PM

Not spamming, I only posted the reference code because you get $10 if you use it, If someone wants to use a different cloud service to mine or sign up and not get free credit then good on them, but I spent a lot of time figuring out how to get it up and running and wanted to put together a start to finish guide for anyone that doesn't want to have to piece together posts from all throughout this thread and maybe doesn't even know where to start and part of that is figuring out where you can actually cloud mine. I looked at a lot of sites and read through terms and agreements and a lot of cloud servers only allow 100% cpu usage for brief intervals and will ban you for mining 24/7 so I thought I'd share which service I ended up using.  I have no duty to get new customers and only get free credit if a referral spends $25 which I wouldn't and didn't recommend as you can get 500 hours of mining for $5.  I appreciate looking out for spammers because I hate that shit in these forums too and I almost didn't use the the ref code for that exact reason, but it seems that the benefit for anyone that uses it far outweighs the possibility of me being misunderstood as a spammer.

Misleading information. DigitalOcean policy is "Send your friends $10 in DO credit and earn $25 for each one that signs up" not "earn $25 for each one that spends X dollars." I'm quite familiar with their terms and their referral program. There are far better cloud sites with much more free credit, and which do not contain any viral marketing that causes users to spam the internet.

I'd also like to point out that in many forums, excessive message quoting is regarded as a form of spam.  Fine line you're walking here, but since the moderator hasn't jumped in looks like you got away with it.

I do appreciate that you seem earnest in your reply, but sometimes it's hard to know when you're being sucked in.

coinstash

G'day!

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 12:05:49 AM

when the exchange get?

What length a piece of string is?

You can buy and sell in the Marketplace. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=161.0

bRitzST9617

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:10:54 AM

Misleading information. DigitalOcean policy is "Send your friends $10 in DO credit and earn $25 for each one that signs up" not "earn $25 for each one that spends X dollars." I'm quite familiar with their terms and their referral program. There are far better cloud sites with much more free credit, and which do not contain any viral marketing that causes users to spam the internet.

I'd also like to point out that in many forums, excessive message quoting is regarded as a form of spam.  Fine line you're walking here, but since the moderator hasn't jumped in looks like you got away with it.

I do appreciate that you seem earnest in your reply, but sometimes it's hard to know when you're being sucked in.

This is straight from the email I received from them, "Send your link to friends or invite them right from your control panel. They’ll get $10 in credit just for signing up and, as soon as they’ve spent $25 with us, you get $25 in credit." It's possible they changed their policy recently, I'm not really sure.

I'm sorry about the quoting, I will edit my posts right away. I'm not a very active forum poster so I apologize if I'm not quite up to par on the etiquette.

coinstash

G'day!

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 12:23:23 AM

in the RPC Console GUI: importprivkey <private_key>
using CLI: hodlcoin-cli importprivkey <private_key>

Thanks fuzz, that worked great.

I should also note that it is wise to ALWAYS back up your wallet before doing something like this.

coinstash

G'day!

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 01:12:38 AM

FreeTrade: Just registered the domain hodlcoin.bit

It's yours for free if you have any interest in using the Namecoin domain space.

Fuzzbawls

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:26:13 AM

What the hell is going on in this thread

(on a serious note, has the wallet been updated recently?  I downloaded the original a while back, but couldn't open it.  The application loaded, splash screen and icon on the taskbar - but when the splash page goes away, no wallet loads.  I'll hover over the HODL icon only to see it disappear  Angry  any clues as to wtf I'm missing here?)

Thanks Smiley

Just a heads up that this is officially the last time I will be asking for more details on this Issue before I officially mark it as "invalid" in the issue tracker.

Seriously, if you can't at least provide such basic Information as OS and wallet version, you are not likely to get any support. Further details beyond that would be debug.log sniplets, windbg backtrace, hell...maybe even a screencap video would provide SOME information.

Please use the issue tracker at https://github.com/HOdlcoin/HOdlcoin/issues/32

If no further details are given in the next couple days, I will be closing the issue.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:27:56 AM

Just want to say thanks to everybody who's reported a problem. Of course we prefer lots of details with bug reports, but even just a vague outline is more helpful than nothing at all. Fuzzbawls has been working really hard to polish up all the rough edges that have been reported and I think the next release will impress.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: