Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:27:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472771 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wesiematic

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:44:00 PM

The question after all is - who will keep mining if you get paid in one year ?

HOdlers. Exactly the people we want mining and HOdling the coin. Lots of people were mining and HOdling . . . now it's going to be easier for them as the dumpers leave.

This hodler wishes he was a dumper, I'd be able to make a clean break. Now I'm stuck in a coin where the dev makes critical
changes on a whim using nutocracy as a cover for abdication of responsibility: "It was the hodlers that voted for it", "I'm just doing
what the hodlers want". What's the next knee jerk decision going to be? You're credibility and integrity are lost.

Sure the dumpers will leave but so will a lot of other miners, myself included. I stopped bying TDs when this nonsense started,
I will stop mining at block 86000 and will liquidate my TDs as they mature and the coin is still alive. I don't expect it to survive
the year.

I like @freetrade s idea, it's a fundamental different concept and the term nutocracy : loveable  Grin .
I will hodl and mining and yes hodl hodl hodl... lol.
It's an experiment but i think it's nice!

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:48:25 PM

When will the new wallets for windows build come out.. im not sure to build one ...
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:56:27 PM

The question after all is - who will keep mining if you get paid in one year ?

HOdlers. Exactly the people we want mining and HOdling the coin. Lots of people were mining and HOdling . . . now it's going to be easier for them as the dumpers leave.

This hodler wishes he was a dumper, I'd be able to make a clean break. Now I'm stuck in a coin where the dev makes critical
changes on a whim using nutocracy as a cover for abdication of responsibility: "It was the hodlers that voted for it", "I'm just doing
what the hodlers want". What's the next knee jerk decision going to be? You're credibility and integrity are lost.

Sure the dumpers will leave but so will a lot of other miners, myself included. I stopped bying TDs when this nonsense started,
I will stop mining at block 86000 and will liquidate my TDs as they mature and the coin is still alive. I don't expect it to survive
the year.

I was against changing anything.. so sad.. oh well. I may leave a pc or two hodling but the rest of my hash will go elsewhere..

On the positive side the change will create an interesting experiment. These new coins should be treated as experimental coins and anyone who doesn't treat them way is kinda naive. Especially this one with the 4000% interest at launch. I expected the price to tank and that's exactly what it did. Now this nutocracy thing and nutocratic voting are kinda cool. Maybe the price rebounds, maybe not. One thing is for sure, all those HODLed coins over 1,2,3,4,5,6.... etc month periods are maturing and just akin to be sold. Sure hope it goes back to 15K. Go HODL! moooooon!!!!
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 01:39:39 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2016, 05:26:12 AM by Fuzzbawls

HOdlcoin Core version 2.0.0 is now available from:

https://github.com/HOdlcoin/HOdlcoin/releases/

This is a new major version release, bringing bug fixes, cross-platform voting,
and new block generation requirements. It is the first hard-fork and a required
upgrade for all clients!

Please report bugs using the issue tracker at github:

https://github.com/HOdlcoin/HOdlcoin/issues

Upgrading and downgrading
=========================

How to Upgrade
--------------

If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely
shut down (which might take a few minutes for older versions), then run the
installer (on Windows) or just copy over /Applications/HOdlcoin-Qt (on Mac) or
hodlcoind/hodlcoin-qt (on Linux).

Downgrade warning
------------------

Because this release issues a hard-fork of the network, downgrading to prior versions
will not be possible once the network reaches a block height of 86000.

Notable changes since 1.0.0
============================

Hard fork for new block generation requirements
--------------------------------------------------------

New requirements for block generation have been introduced, requiring generated
blocks to automatically enter into a term deposit for a period of one year.

1. This release will automatically generate a term deposit with a one year
   period for all generated blocks after the fork.

2. This release will no longer relay any new blocks that do not carry the
   required term deposit length.

3. Clients that generate (and attempt to relay) blocks that don't meet
   the new requirements will be DoS'd, resulting in network a network
   ban. Default client ban time is 24 hours, but individual clients
   can modify this at runtime.

For more information about the hard-forking change, please see
https://www.reddit.com/r/Hodl/comments/4qpx9g/we_hodl_that_block_rewards_should_remain/?st=iq75y3k6&sh=a9c7bed1

**Notice to miners:** HOdlcoin block generation will now automatically
create a term deposit for a one year length for the generated block.
This affects ALL newly generated blocks after a chain height of 86000.

- If you are solo mining, this will affect you the moment you upgrade
  HOdlcoin Core, which must be done prior to the network reaching a
  height of 86000.

- If you are mining with the stratum mining protocol: this does not
  affect how you mine, however stratum operators will need to adjust
  their payout policies.

- If you are mining with the getblocktemplate protocol to a pool: this
  will affect you at the pool operator’s discretion, adjusting their
  payout policies to accomodate the new block generation requirements.

Nutocray consensus voting
----------------------------------------------------------------

Nutocray is an open source voting platform that works with HOdlcoin's
message signing system allowing HOdlers to vote on motions, or
create their own motions to enact changes to the HOdlcoin client
or network.

Details can be found at: https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/

2.0.0 Change log
=================

Detailed release notes follow. This overview includes changes that affect
behavior, not code moves, refactors and string updates. For convenience in locating
the code changes and accompanying discussion, both the pull request and
git merge commit are mentioned.

- a566231 Fork at 86000 to in accordance with Nutocracy motion
- 4f9cc23 Only ask for password once when signing multiple statements
- 3eb0e09 Allow message signing using multiple addresses (separated by semicolons) at the same time
- d59ac02 Allow number of outbound connections for churn nodes to be defined
- c9dfe7f Nutoshi words of wisdom randomization correction
- 890e9e4 Matured, unproductive - this message has been updated
- 4b310cf Update max transaction amount
- 39b7b66 Removed unused boost references

Credits
=======

Thanks to everyone who directly contributed to this release:

- FreeTrade
- Fuzzbawls
- SamSmith

And those who contributed additional code review and/or security research, as well as all pool operators and service providers.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 04:58:22 AM

Thanks Fuzz! Awesome release notes Smiley

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
Kostolany, Jr.

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:49:05 AM

cool, upgraded to hodlcoin-2.0.0-win64-setup.exe
Everything seems to work smooth, thanks guys  Smiley

„While buying one should be romantic, while selling realistic (and in the meantime he should sleep).“
– André Kostolany
Billyboy4022

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:43:59 AM

Then again, I think quite the opposite. This coin is been pushed down with miners who just flood the market. If we want price and market cap go up this flooding has to stop.
The 1 year lock does that plus it doesn't cup miners reward. They just need to hodl  Smiley

I personally think all this voting and changing  is going to drive ppl away .

to be honest, I am one  and I am sure there many other

I personally  don't think there is anything wrong with the price ..... it is cheap for the miner to mine - and they are selling their coin .

the market cap is worth $80,000 USD which is a lot of money for nothing of the great value of any benefit. The core idea of hodl is to IOU system to transfer value .
Would you pay me $80K to create paper "IOU $1 USD"

to  fix this "price" problem you need to either :

1. fix this broken setup with mining that allows botnet (possible GPU) mining that mine for at an extremely low cost and dumping the coin.
  • This would be great as more small single user would join and have less larger single user

2. Create interest in the coin  so more user will buy the coin and hold .... which will push the price up thus pushing up the mining interest.   

if you want to stop miner from dumping. why dont we just remove all mining and make is POS + interest and allow all the large bag holder to control and dictate the future of the coin.
Beucase voting already does that
Billyboy4022

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:46:29 AM

Okay - we're nearly there - 5 million required for threshold validity.

https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-block-rewards-should-remain-unchanged-in-amount-but-required-to-be-hodled-for-a-period-of-1-year-https-www-reddit-com-r-hodl-comments-4qpx9g

I've been working on the code required today and am testing it at the moment. Should be able to put this into effect with some rapidity.

Look like you are going to push this either way , so does it really matter if we vote or not

why even have the vote ?  " the community wanted this ?  what is to say that you own all those addresses and Hodl

No, that's why I'm rounding up votes - nearly there folks, just need 300,000 or so votes to reach the 10% threshold.

The point of Nutocracy is to return more power and control to HOdlers, and away from devs/miners. It is a way to give HOdlers a way to give permission or withold permission for changes to the coin. It's a bit loose at the moment, but I think we'll work out more formal procedures over time. I don't think we'd want to vote on every detail - but it is a way to give a legitimate mandate for larger changes, and a way for HOdlers to step up and prevent smaller changes they might not be happy with. And, of course, participation is optional.

Come on !  Kiss  you are prob once of the larger bag holder of the coin , or you are the reason why this coin is so cheap because you are selling all or coins ?
Billyboy4022

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:55:31 AM

Fork At Block 86000

There is a fork at block 86000 in accordance with the Nutocracy motion -
https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-block-rewards-should-remain-unchanged-in-amount-but-required-to-be-hodled-for-a-period-of-1-year-https-www-reddit-com-r-hodl-comments-4qpx9g

From block 86000, miners will be required to HODL the block reward for a period of 1 year to create a valid block.
In anticipation of a reduced hashrate, the diff will be set to a fixed lower rate for blocks 86000 to 86025 and from there will adjust to the new hashing power of the network.

The release is being finalized, from there, new binaries will be compiled and released.

I fail to see how a vote open for a little over a day is representative of the community's opinion at large. I did not even see the motion until after it was passed and I would hazard a guess that it was/is the same for many others. The speed through which this motion passed definitely gives the appearance of impropriety. I support my assertion with the fact that the software changes are already in testing phase. It seems a little too pre-planned.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

This is goign to kill the coin ....
1. Noone is going to want to mine it  so the blockchain will be low hash (51% attack incoming) or stop altogether.
2. the botnet are just going to mine it and in 1 year + few months they dump those whole year of coin + interest

The 2.0 release has been finalized on GitHub, please make sure your nodes are using version 2.0 or better of HOdlcoin.

New binaries are being prepared and will shortly be released.

I've updated Suprnova to the latest version, quite funny thing, it'll be the first pool which pays out 1 year after you've mined the block Smiley
It'll surely be fun explaining this to the miners, i'll just link to the thread here.

BTW: IMHO this was the most funny hard fork ever, decided within 2 days over a "nutocracy" vote Smiley nice

Like a said a few day ago

Okay - we're nearly there - 5 million required for threshold validity.

I've been working on the code required today and am testing it at the moment. Should be able to put this into effect with some rapidity.

Look like you are going to push this either way , so does it really matter if we vote or not

why even have the vote ?  " the community wanted this ?  what is to say that you own all those addresses and Hodl

Billyboy4022

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:03:30 AM

Warning: Bitcoin signatures expose your public keys (that shouldn't be a problem until ECDSA is broken). Moreover address reuse with a faulty random number generator may leak your private keys.

Yea so I am not going to vote  , but I vote NO  , please add 120,000 to the no vote
Kostolany, Jr.

Activity: 195

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:06:32 AM

Pls. keep posting things like this a bit longer, I'm not done accumlating yet   Grin

edit: you forgot to use bold font, this is almost invisible... you might also consider CAPSLOCK and biggest font you can find  Wink

Warning: Bitcoin signatures expose your public keys (that shouldn't be a problem until ECDSA is broken). Moreover address reuse with a faulty random number generator may leak your private keys.

Yea so I am not going to vote  , but I vote NO  , please add 120,000 to the no vote

„While buying one should be romantic, while selling realistic (and in the meantime he should sleep).“
– André Kostolany
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:14:28 AM

Fork At Block 86000

There is a fork at block 86000 in accordance with the Nutocracy motion -

From block 86000, miners will be required to HODL the block reward for a period of 1 year to create a valid block.
In anticipation of a reduced hashrate, the diff will be set to a fixed lower rate for blocks 86000 to 86025 and from there will adjust to the new hashing power of the network.

The release is being finalized, from there, new binaries will be compiled and released.

I fail to see how a vote open for a little over a day is representative of the community's opinion at large. I did not even see the motion until after it was passed and I would hazard a guess that it was/is the same for many others. The speed through which this motion passed definitely gives the appearance of impropriety. I support my assertion with the fact that the software changes are already in testing phase. It seems a little too pre-planned.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

This is goign to kill the coin ....
1. Noone is going to want to mine it  so the blockchain will be low hash (51% attack incoming) or stop altogether.
2. the botnet are just going to mine it and in 1 year + few months they dump those whole year of coin + interest

Please stop using colors when you post, you're opinion is worth just as much as all the others in this thread so there's no reason to use colors and giant fonts.
1. There are still plenty of people who will want to mine, I am one of them.
2. It would be really stupid for the botnet operator to keep mining HOdl, there are other CPU coins out there that profit better and where you don't have to wait a year to get your money.
SushiNoTomato

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:17:07 AM

So basically from block 86000 onwards whatever blocks get mined take 1 year to be accessed & spendable or in your words mature ?

How would pools pay miners out & the only coins available will be the ones that are sendable & on exchanges already.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 08:24:57 AM

So basically from block 86000 onwards whatever blocks get mined take 1 year to be accessed & spendable or in your words mature ?

How would pools pay miners out & the only coins available will be the ones that are sendable & on exchanges already.

That is correct.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:27:44 AM

Yes,
Pools would pay out with a 1 year delay, the problem with that is that some pools might not be functional in 1 year, so most people will be solo mining.
The coin supply will indeed be small for a year.
SushiNoTomato

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:30:33 AM

That is correct.

Yes,
Pools would pay out with a 1 year delay, the problem with that is that some pools might not be functional in 1 year, so most people will be solo mining.

I really don't see why pools would stay open for HODL then honestly, it's like saying "hey come mine on our pool and get great rewards......but..... in 1 years time we can pay you them out"

That won't work either as the HODL Term Deposit for 1 Year would gain interest and then whoever mined whatever percentage of the block with their hashpower would need the equivalent before interest and then have the matured interest added then sent.... that is a lot of work for something so cheap.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 08:44:01 AM

That is correct.

Yes,

I really don't see why pools would stay open for HODL then honestly, it's like saying "hey come mine on our pool and get great rewards......but..... in 1 years time we can pay you them out"

That won't work either as the HODL Term Deposit for 1 Year would gain interest and then whoever mined whatever percentage of the block with their hashpower would need the equivalent before interest and then have the matured interest added then sent.... that is a lot of work for something so cheap.

Yes, well, the Dev wants the coin to be a solo-only-coin so that is their "anti-pool-strategy" Smiley

However.. even solo miners are able to spend/move the coins after one year only..

Honestly for me it doesn't matter if the pool pays out after one year or one day.. i've got pools running for up to 2+ years, so it's just one more slot which is running on a server..

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 03:21:07 PM

keep up the goodwork @ocminer  Cheesy
fittsy

Activity: 441
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 03:54:54 PM

Yes,

Think about this issue. It isn't just the miners that aren't getting paid but also pool owners.

Pool owners would be asked to run their pool for a year before getting their measly 1% fee for operating the pool. You're asking pool owners to run for a year, pay all server costs, support, etc... before they get paid at all.

I know people like @ocminer run multiple pools... but you're still asking him to do all that support and work for nothing.  If he gets paid 1% in a year it isn't really worth it to him.

MinerParts - 8 GPU Riserless motherboard with Intel 3855 CPU - 1600w fully modular power supply
Best quality PCIe Powered Risers Shop on Amazon - Shop on eBay - or ship direct at MinerParts.com <- best for international or crypto purchases
peres

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 04:11:22 PM

Yes,

Think about this issue. It isn't just the miners that aren't getting paid but also pool owners.

Pool owners would be asked to run their pool for a year before getting their measly 1% fee for operating the pool. You're asking pool owners to run for a year, pay all server costs, support, etc... before they get paid at all.

I know people like @ocminer run multiple pools... but you're still asking him to do all that support and work for nothing.  If he gets paid 1% in a year it isn't really worth it to him.

I AGREE I DO NOT SEE ANY LOGIC TO MAKING MINERS WAIT A YEAR TO GET PAID - WHY WOULD THEY USE THEIR RESOURCES TO MINE A COIN THAT DOES NOT OFFER AN INCOME - MANY MINERS BUY HASHPOWER TO MINE AS WELL
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: