Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:24:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Underclocking BFL Monarch - Need Help  (Read 725 times)
m.gimmer84 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:46:03 AM

Hey there,

I've been trying to underclock my BFL Monarch for better efficiency (need it around 350 watts) though I can't figure out how. I've spent the last hour or so scouring the online interwebs to try and find a cure for my power-hungry monster.

According to Butterfly Labs' 'underclocking manual', all that is needed to underclock is to use something like this:

bfgminer <network & hashing related parameters…> --set bfl:_cmd1=F0D --set bfl:_cmd1=V5X

Which would mean a command-line request such as:

bfgminer -o <pool> -u <username> -p <password> --set bfl:_cmd1=F0X --set bfl:_cmd1=V0X
would work splendidly....but it dOESN'T.

Anyway, if you have any tips/know exactly how to get this freaking thing underclocked....that'd be great...

Regards.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
korminer

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:48:24 AM

Hi m.gimmer84,

I'm not sure about your settings there, as I don't know if there is a frequency 0 setting, but you don't need to go that low.

It will also depend on what model you have. But for the most common, 700Gh, I use the following BFGMiner parameters to run around 500Gh @ somewhere about 330watts. This should get you somewhere close then just play with the values to get what you want, paying attention to the manual.

Code:
--set bfl:_cmd1=F9X --set bfl:_cmd1=V10X

One important note to get this working, for me, I have to first run BFGMiner with the above parameters which loads up as 0Gh. Then press 'q' to quit and re-run BFGMiner as normal without the parameters. It should now run with the lower hash rate. To reset the speed just power off the miner for a couple of seconds then restart it as normal.

Hope that helps,
KOR
helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:57:55 AM

Hi m.gimmer84,

I'm not sure about your settings there, as I don't know if there is a frequency 0 setting, but you don't need to go that low.

It will also depend on what model you have. But for the most common, 700Gh, I use the following BFGMiner parameters to run around 500Gh @ somewhere about 330watts. This should get you somewhere close then just play with the values to get what you want, paying attention to the manual.

Code:
--set bfl:_cmd1=F9X --set bfl:_cmd1=V10X

One important note to get this working, for me, I have to first run BFGMiner with the above parameters which loads up as 0Gh. Then press 'q' to quit and re-run BFGMiner as normal without the parameters. It should now run with the lower hash rate. To reset the speed just power off the miner for a couple of seconds then restart it as normal.

Hope that helps,
KOR

Hi, I have many monarchs and run them underclocked.  I get, with 80+ bronze power supplies, about 500Gh/320W at he wall.  Here are my settings:

--set bfl:_cmd1=F5x --set bfl:_cmd1=V6X

This sets the voltage at 0.63V.  Also, I have the best luck by executing bfgminer with this setting, waiting until the "temp" shows then closing it and reopening

with no voltage/freq command.  Just make two seperate shortcuts for this.

Hope this helps. Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: