Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:37:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you watch The<Star Wars: The Force Awakens> "?  (Read 2186 times)
chennuan (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:49:46 AM

Talk about your feelings  Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:39:24 AM

I saw it recently. I went into it very pessimistic because I hated J.J. Abrams' Star Trek. I thought that this Star Wars movie would be similar: mindless boring action, completely unlike the originals, and packed full of stupid references. I was pleasantly surprised, however. It captured a lot of the feeling of the original trilogy. I loved it. I especially like how it focuses so much on the characters. Some say that it was a copy of A New Hope, and while there are definite similarities, I didn't find it distracting at all. All of the criticism is just nitpicking, really. Everything has flaws, and there were a handful of brief moments where I cringed a bit at something stupid, but I definitely recommend seeing this film if you like the original trilogy.

I think this is the first film I've seen where I've wanted to watch it again so soon after seeing it. I'm tempted to go see it again once it hits the cheap seats. And I'm (cautiously) very excited for the sequels.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:57:13 AM

I think J.J. Abrams did a great job. Imo it's one of the best Star Wars movie ever, well after the empire strikes back. Overall, it was entertaining and classical as how star wars should've always been. Watched it twice in Imax and it was bloody amazing.
ridery99

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 07:23:13 AM

I think J.J. Abrams did a great job. Imo it's one of the best Star Wars movie ever, well after the empire strikes back. Overall, it was entertaining and classical as how star wars should've always been. Watched it twice in Imax and it was bloody amazing.

I think it's one of the best Star Wars movie. Abrams did a great job.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:19:31 AM

I haven't yet. Sad It's only available in 3D imax here and the nearest imax cinema in my place is about 6 hours drive on a bus so I haven't seen it yet. Maybe I'll just wait for an HD copy on the internet. You guys might know where to find one?
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:23:24 AM

I haven't yet. Sad It's only available in 3D imax here and the nearest imax cinema in my place is about 6 hours drive on a bus so I haven't seen it yet. Maybe I'll just wait for an HD copy on the internet. You guys might know where to find one?

Well worth the 6 hours ride mate.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:26:30 AM

Well worth the 6 hours ride mate.

LOL. If I go I will need a place to stay overnight because it will take a whole day to go back at my place. I hate traveling at night. Also my budge is tight so my best option is just to wait for a copy online. Grin
JumperLL

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:45:50 AM

Nope I didn't watch it!
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:52:15 PM

I have not  been able to find the time to watch it. But from the look of things, it seems to be something that I must watch. I have in deed scheduled it for this coming weekend and i hope that I will make it to watch. I will share soon.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 03:09:00 PM

Don't get me wrong they did a fantastic job on all the settings and graphics but come on guys, did you not see how blatantly they ripped off the originals? They even used very similar or outright copies of camera shots from the original films. The reason it was good was because they went for the easy option of just re-hashing the original storyline and putting some new characters in and then there's all the plotholes in the story that were there like the female lead suddenly gaining jedi powers with absolutely no explanation whatsoever.

I liked the background of the stormtrooper because it finally gave those generic bad guys some camera time but everyone else is being too distracted by the fantastic battle sequences and sounds to care.
marcus1986

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:10:58 PM

I didn't watch it yet!
PartsSlinger

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:17:44 AM

Don't get me wrong they did a fantastic job on all the settings and graphics but come on guys, did you not see how blatantly they ripped off the originals? They even used very similar or outright copies of camera shots from the original films. The reason it was good was because they went for the easy option of just re-hashing the original storyline and putting some new characters in and then there's all the plotholes in the story that were there like the female lead suddenly gaining jedi powers with absolutely no explanation whatsoever.

I liked the background of the stormtrooper because it finally gave those generic bad guys some camera time but everyone else is being too distracted by the fantastic battle sequences and sounds to care.

*Potential Spoiler Alert*

Everyone keeps complaining about Rey's abilities and I didn't find it that distracting. I don't want to give away too much for those who haven't seen it, but you have to realize she spent most of her life obsessing about the times of Luke Skywalker. She knew about the Falcon and Han Solo, she had a former rebel pilot's helmet, and doll of a rebel pilot. She probably heard about ever legend of the Force. So if she knew about the skills of the Force she would try them herself once she realized that she could use the Force.
UM

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:40:50 AM

I didn't watch it!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 04:11:47 AM

*Potential Spoiler Alert*

Everyone keeps complaining about Rey's abilities and I didn't find it that distracting. I don't want to give away too much for those who haven't seen it, but you have to realize she spent most of her life obsessing about the times of Luke Skywalker. She knew about the Falcon and Han Solo, she had a former rebel pilot's helmet, and doll of a rebel pilot. She probably heard about ever legend of the Force. So if she knew about the skills of the Force she would try them herself once she realized that she could use the Force.

Yes, but none of that was shown in the film, so as far as I'm concerned it's a major plothole where she magically gains force powers for no fucking reason whatsoever. If you remember in the original films they did that whole thing where Luke went training with Yoda but with Rey they completely skipped that and left it out. It's people making excuses for bad writing, like with other stories I shouldn't have to dig through some obscure canon story outside of whatever product I'm sold to find all the reasons for this, also you seem to be making it up so it's likely they haven't explained it outside of the films either.

It's like how the Avengers magically communicate without headsets because they just completely left that detail out, that can end up being really distracting for people who notice that sort of thing, even the most simplistic super hero stories though always give some sort of explanation as to why a main character gets super powers all of a sudden like with spiderman getting bit by a radioactive spider or something.
csgo

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:34:08 AM

Go to see this evening, very much looking forward to
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:21:10 AM

Wasn't really a Star Wars fan going into the movie but the friends I went with were. The storyline and action were entertaining. I didn't understand why some things were going on but the effects were well done. Apparently it scored a 95 rating on a critic site but my friend said he didn't think it was a 95 quality movie..whatever that means. I would recommend waiting until it comes out on Blu Ray/DVD.
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:39:19 AM

I have not watched it yet but I heard one main character died.
_Miracle

Activity: 904
Merit: 655

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 02:37:07 AM

Loved it!
Abrams re-work of the first Star Trek was O.K.
But I watch Into Darkness a couple times a year still.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
Lutzow

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:40:48 AM

I have not watched it yet but I heard one main character died.

Haven't watched it yet but I heard Han Solo died. Grin
Thought the movie was great so I am really looking forward into watching it soon.

JesusHadAegis

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:49:22 AM

Actually i never watched any star wars episode. I'm not interested to watch because it has many sequels and i may just be confused if i were to watch the latest episode and it might force me to watch the earlier prequels... 'Im lazy to watch them...haha

I just go along with what i am seeing in the internet if my friends are taking about. Thats how i caught up with some of its plots
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: