Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:16:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Peer 2 Peer Open Source Encrypted Text, Voice & Video Communications  (Read 15310 times)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 08:22:02 PM

I want to kick off pre alpha testing this weekend starting at Pacific standard time. I want to have a windows executable made with Cygwin, but I can't be sure how well that will work so I might just end up having Linux testers (which will drastically reduce my testers availability).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:58:55 PM

It's quite a extensive project you're taking on her Xenland, but I think it's great. Best wishes for this project!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:16:43 PM

It's quite a extensive project you're taking on her Xenland, but I think it's great. Best wishes for this project!

Thank you very much for your wishes!

My intentions are purely to allow the world to feel "okay" to talk to each other and do business again with out closed sourced,   "government ran", or just complicated/annoying comm software. I always feel like in my business conversations there is the person on the other line always "worried" or "panicky" because of "Big Brother" which makes business progress a very very stressful situation in my opinion, I'm sure others will have a variety of wildly different reasoning’s behind it but I'm sure it all stems from a "big brother" paranoia.

To everyone: I can use some testers this weekend and the world could use your help as well, please stand by until Saturday, Cheers everyone!
Herodes

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 09:53:10 PM

Thank you very much for your wishes!

My intentions are purely to allow the world to feel "okay" to talk to each other and do business again with out closed sourced,   "government ran", or just complicated/annoying comm software. I always feel like in my business conversations there is the person on the other line always "worried" or "panicky" because of "Big Brother" which makes business progress a very very stressful situation in my opinion, I'm sure others will have a variety of wildly different reasoning’s behind it but I'm sure it all stems from a "big brother" paranoia.

To everyone: I can use some testers this weekend and the world could use your help as well, please stand by until Saturday, Cheers everyone!

Noticing skype is a bit controversial these days as to who can listening in, this is the right time to have alternatives made. Sure I could give a helping hand with some testing, what do you need to have done ? Mind I have my own projects but a few time slices could always be donated. Smiley
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 04:33:13 AM

Noticing skype is a bit controversial these days as to who can listening in, this is the right time to have alternatives made. Sure I could give a helping hand with some testing, what do you need to have done ? Mind I have my own projects but a few time slices could always be donated. Smiley

Excellent yes, I'm pretty sure we are all busy and my attempt at being mindful and aware it is my plan to try to have my "test releases" straight forward and stable as possible. Example, For the pre-alpha testing you just have to click a few buttons and do a test "send/receive" message.

Mostly the following
*Generate identity (takes 30 seconds~)
*Load identity(Almost instantly)
*Send/Receive message (Almost instantly)

Windows users have "ported" executables so I can't really say much for those testers all though it should work exactly the same way in theory as the Linux builds.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 07:04:44 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2013, 10:04:24 AM by Xenland

Just about have the "Message History"/"Contacts List" page finished I'm almost positive pre-alpha testing will be ready for tomorrow night.

Some notes: After the 3rd re-write from scratch of the "client" software it shall be noted that pre-alpha testing will consisnt of two applications... the first being for "generate identity" and a different code for "send/recieving messages" to help testing reports go more smoothly
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 04:26:15 AM

I am almost done splitting up the "prototype" application into separate parts and we can begin testing, don't hold  your breath yet, It should be ready Saturday around 12PM PST
Herodes

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 06:56:03 AM

Excellent yes, I'm pretty sure we are all busy and my attempt at being mindful and aware it is my plan to try to have my "test releases" straight forward and stable as possible. Example, For the pre-alpha testing you just have to click a few buttons and do a test "send/receive" message.

Mostly the following
*Generate identity (takes 30 seconds~)
*Load identity(Almost instantly)
*Send/Receive message (Almost instantly)

Windows users have "ported" executables so I can't really say much for those testers all though it should work exactly the same way in theory as the Linux builds.

Allright, I hope to get to download the source code and try to compile your code over the weekend, and do the tests you outlined.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 06:37:09 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2013, 02:11:29 AM by Xenland

Allright, I hope to get to download the source code and try to compile your code over the weekend, and do the tests you outlined.

Yep source code is always available and I would love to have a tester that knows their way around compiling code to help with "debug".

Also I'm almost positive I'll be running late for the 12PM (PST) testing time, I think at the rate I'm going, testing will start around 6PM (PST) -- I hope sooner though.

UPDATES:

The last bit of code is going into the pre-alpha testing destined to start at 10PM maybe 12AM PST.

MORE UPDATES:
Client is ready for testing (not published to github yet), I"m updating the server code to reflect the client changes.
Herodes

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 04:09:50 AM

Yep source code is always available and I would love to have a tester that knows their way around compiling code to help with "debug".

Also I'm almost positive I'll be running late for the 12PM (PST) testing time, I think at the rate I'm going, testing will start around 6PM (PST) -- I hope sooner though.

UPDATES:

The last bit of code is going into the pre-alpha testing destined to start at 10PM maybe 12AM PST.

MORE UPDATES:
Client is ready for testing (not published to github yet), I"m updating the server code to reflect the client changes.

I think the most important thing is to get everything right. Things like this takes time, and sometimes you hit upon problems and things takes even longer time. As long as you work hard, I'm sure things will turn out pretty well though. Smiley
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 04:24:37 AM

I think the most important thing is to get everything right. Things like this takes time, and sometimes you hit upon problems and things takes even longer time. As long as you work hard, I'm sure things will turn out pretty well though. Smiley

Exactly! That is why I almost have carpal tunnel(half-joking), and my friends think I'm waiting for the apocalypse I've been in my cave for so long(haha) and this is the 4th time I have re-written the client software from scratch(with each time modifying+revising the setup/basecode). This time the client software (for testing purposes) does not even include openssl libraries or any encryption algorithms all that is going on in this test is "set your user name", type in your "Friends username" and start talking in plain text and basically see "what happens" really and continue with the plan while being aware of the issues that arose from testing phase.

Anywho, I've successfully received a "messgehistory" response from the server to the newly written client software now I'm just parsing the json and outputting it to the screen(the easy part). I say 10 PM (PST) is my target time as of now if I don't make it by 12am (PST) 17th  then it may be till next weekend till some more updates happen at that point.
Vernon715

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 08:12:11 PM

Im in for alpha testing

Please donate: 1FfJzfpGCXD6saKqmMs8W1qt9wouhA98Mj

http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/1642

Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 11:04:17 PM

Great vernon! We need more testers.

I was hoping to have more updates last weekend or even this weekend but my "paying" jobs have been allocating all my time so it looks like "next" weekend (or even this following week it self) will begin the testing pre-alpha phase. Thanks for your patience everyone!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 07:21:04 AM

The http://p2pcrypt.com website has undergone a few minor updates.

If you are a fan of this project and would like to show how much momentum you want this project to output you can send all contributions to the P2P Crypt Software Donation Fund Address: 14NqZ1w7x9gFFzt65Mxy38EPFrbrnR11is
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 04:24:48 PM

I have publish the p2p crypt client code v0.0.11 that can send and receive messages. (You must add a contact name, and click on the contacts name to "Trigger" a receive message). I can't seem to get my code to compile for a 32 bit system so I can't upload any test server anywhere. perhaps someone could help out with that?

But you can however test the server locally.

Have fun.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 03:13:13 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2013, 10:48:43 AM by Xenland

I just purchased a VPS 256mb of ram 64bit just to get testing to go by quicker. It shouldn't be long now until a test server is up.

UPDATES: Just trying to get the first connection going before I announce the IP address for testing.

UPDATES: Send/Receive has happened, bugs are already found, editing client code now.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 10:53:38 AM

I have uploaded the client code and it is already set to the VPS server and should "Just connect" to the P2P Server node.
You can now test the client/server. I'll be uploading a video in a day or two to display how to use the test app for right now.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:26:35 AM

http://www.techdirt.com/blog/wireless/articles/20130111/03432221640/nokia-running-man-middle-attack-to-decrypt-all-your-encrypted-traffic-promises-not-to-peek.shtml

Looks like i need to get moving on this............
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 11:17:58 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2013, 07:04:31 AM by Xenland

Pre-alpha testing "take 2" will be happening this weekend.
Stay tuned for the Change list on Saturday.

EDIT/UPDATE POST:

After much discussion this project will be guided like the following/
*Get the protocol & a white paper of the protocol+system standardized with the current "C" only language.
*Convert to C++ code after everything is finalized.

The goal is to start a C++ client in 5 months and be completed with the re-write in another 5 months after that point.

EDIT/UPDATE POST:
The table definitions for the "messages" database.
https://github.com/Xenland/P2PCrypt-Client/wiki/Database-Table-Definitions-%22Messages%22
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:05:19 PM

We have migrated to QT/C++, and  have started over the version numbers the last version updated was v0.0.2.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: