Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:19:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for altcoins for CPU mining/Other  (Read 814 times)
Knathein (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:59:35 AM

Hey all I am trying to look for relatively new(ish) altcoins that is easy to mine with a laptop CPU/GPU, GPU is GTX 960M OC'ed and CPU is i7-4720HQ @ 2.80 GHz
Call me retarded all you want for mining with a laptop, but I don't care, or the "other" part is phone mining/apps, like Mangocoinz if anyone knows of that, something similar to that altcoin.

I don't care if the coin is profitable, or a scam-coin, just want to do some tests to see what I can push limits as KH/s and MH/s go.

Thanks in advance!
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 08:01:38 AM

Hey all I am trying to look for relatively new(ish) altcoins that is easy to mine with a laptop CPU/GPU, GPU is GTX 960M OC'ed and CPU is i7-4720HQ @ 2.80 GHz
Call me retarded all you want for mining with a laptop, but I don't care, or the "other" part is phone mining/apps, like Mangocoinz if anyone knows of that, something similar to that altcoin.

I don't care if the coin is profitable, or a scam-coin, just want to do some tests to see what I can push limits as KH/s and MH/s go.

Thanks in advance!

I used to mine magicoin... That was CPU only, and pretty fun to mine, even hit a couple solo blocks once in a while Smiley
Mangocoinz isn't really mining with your phone, they just give you coins to move your phone around, the coins they transfer to you are pre-mined (at least, that how i understood their concept... i might be wrong)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Knathein (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:19:34 AM

Thanks in advance!

I used to mine magicoin... That was CPU only, and pretty fun to mine, even hit a couple solo blocks once in a while Smiley
Mangocoinz isn't really mining with your phone, they just give you coins to move your phone around, the coins they transfer to you are pre-mined (at least, that how i understood their concept... i might be wrong)

Alright I will look magicoin up Smiley any others you might suggest if you know any more? I have seen a couple on like minergate.com but idk if their application they supply has a virus or not
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 08:46:54 AM

Thanks in advance!

Alright I will look magicoin up Smiley any others you might suggest if you know any more? I have seen a couple on like minergate.com but idk if their application they supply has a virus or not

AFAIK minergate is legit, but in my experience it wasn't the full mining experience Wink

With full mining experience, i mean:
-setting up a wallet, editing your coin.conf to connect your cpuminer.exe to the wallet (or the deamon), seeing the hashrate, seeing the blocks being found,...

Minergate is a slick GUI that shows your hashrate and your income from the pool...

Other coins: i used to mine riecoin, but i don't even know if they still exists.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 11:39:02 AM

I respect your purist approach ...

http://altcoins.com/cpu-altcoins <- good info on CPU/GPU ratios

http://cpucoinlist.com/ <- okay

https://minkiz.co/coin/algo <- comprehensive list of algos and coins that use 'em but says nothing about the CPU/GPU ratio of specific algos.

Cheers

Graham
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 03:13:52 PM

Thanks in advance!

This one .. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1040762.0

There is no exchange at the moment. Its mostly abandoned and worthless but you can mine plenty with that CPU of yours. This one is just CPU wallet mining. I don't think there are any pools either. have fun.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: