Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:32:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The best buy right now is not Bitcoin, it is ALTCOINS  (Read 7406 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:08:58 PM

The downside risk is they go to zero, which is the same risk as bitcoin.   But the upside potential of altcoins is much bigger than BTC because they have a long way to grow still.

Are you retarded? 

Where is the potential upside if they just sit being batted back and forth between the same tiny pool of buyers? There are very, very few alts that will ever get beyond the confines of this forum.

Bitcoin will only gain serious upside when the rest of the world cottons on to its potential and starts to take it seriously. Same goes for everything else and if BTC can't do it then nothing else that currently exists will either. There certainly are gains to be made in alts but there's no way of predicting or depending on them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SISAR (OP)

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:37:38 PM

The downside risk is they go to zero, which is the same risk as bitcoin.   But the upside potential of altcoins is much bigger than BTC because they have a long way to grow still.

Are you retarded? 

Where is the potential upside if they just sit being batted back and forth between the same tiny pool of buyers?

You mean it is harder to manipulate price if there are less buyers and sellers? Since when?
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:55:37 PM

Lol Altcoins.  ..
I know bitcoin has plenty of problems but Altcoins are not a solution neither do the vast majority of them have any potential or future.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:57:15 PM

Lol Altcoins.  ..
I know bitcoin has plenty of problems but Altcoins are not a solution neither do the vast majority of them have any potential or future.

No one here advised to buy vast majority of them. But even some randomly picked altcoin can make a big upside movement. Even total craps no one is seemingly interested into, if they are present at exchange, of course. You as a veteran here should be familiar with altcoin crazy price action back at times BTC reached all-time high price. BTC went roughly 1000% up while many altcoins went much higher. I see no good reason for situation to go the oppossite direction if BTC hits a new all-time high.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:59:35 PM

What about risks of 90%+ of altcoins which are doomed and have no way to recover because whales simply dumped all their holdings and newbies baghold them?

Low liquidity means extreme upside potential! Besides, Bitcoin went up so much exactly because bagholding aka HODL so I don't find your argument good enough to dismiss altcoin markets recovery.

Why would the public by Shit coin XYB instead of ABR or FDS or ZRE or FER or GER or REG or ABV or ZXY or ......

ALTHOUGH, I would tend to agree the real alt coins can hold some serious potential.  LTC, PPC, Doge.
lahm-44

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:03:01 PM

Altcoin are good only for a little but they cant compared with bitcoin anyhow. their liquidity is high so they are high risky too. we never know when it will be crash your whole investment but with bitcoin we will have losses but not fully finished. i dont see any reason for choosing altcoins
SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:18:23 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2016, 09:43:49 PM by SISAR

Altcoin are good only for a little but they cant compared with bitcoin anyhow.

Total bullshit. Many altcoins based on Bitcoin code (which means they do everything Bitcoin is doing but faster and with added features) can be added to all existing Bitcoin services or whatever in under a day. Which might easily happen if block size debate continues without satisfying solution and amount of Bitcoin transactions increases to sky (very likely). Others might need a bit more time but in any case people like you will, just like always, miss the chance to load up for a cheap early. Just like you missed a chance to load up on BTC at 1 USD, 10 USD or so. You people are actualy not seeing potential in anything, you are merely following the herd where, as always, the leaders are not working in your best interest. Cryptocoins or whatever.

i dont see any reason for choosing altcoins

... but you are advertising Darknet jobs or whatever. Wait, are those jobs realy anonymous? Like, Bitcoin is anonymous? Ohh my!  Cheesy
VultureFund

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:20:44 PM

Ladies, no kidding, this month it will born the true BTC competitor. Sure most of you don't know about it, so I tell you now before you see it at 2nd place with Billions of $ market cap. IOTA.

Fast non-technical summary: SIMPLE USE,NO BLOCKCHAIN, TANGLE TECHNOLOGY, DESCENTRALIZED NETWORK, NEARLY INSTANT TRANSACTIONS, SUPER LIGHT NETWORK, MINIMUM WASTE OF ENERGY (SUSTAINABLE OVER TIME), LIMITED SUPPLY 0% INFLATION, 0 TRANSACTION FEES, ANONYMOUS TRANSACTIONS, AND A CLEVER TEAM AND LEGAL COMPANY BEHIND.

It may look impossible, but it will be real by the end of this month.

Distribution: There are and there will be a total of 1 Billion IOTA coins, which were sold in a "shadly" crowdsale only for nerds (Russian style), giving a total of only 1127 BTC (aprox. 500,000 $). I say only because of the giant potential it has.

Just telling you before it launches, so you cannot say "Why I didn't invest in that!!??¿" in the future when you see "IOTA" (yes, strange name) 2nd in coinmarketcap.

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 09:29:43 PM

This is the thing, there are just so many of them, its hard to decide which has any potential, a lot of coins came with lot of promises and looked good but soon they were no where to be found.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
kwukduck
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:42:28 PM

Added features? Oh you mean premine and PoS scam?

SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:47:41 PM

No, I mean https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1153740.0 and other useful features like InstantTX with Dash. Stuff that made Bitcoin obsolete (but no one said it loud enough for you to notice).
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:53:12 PM

Ladies, no kidding, this month it will born the true BTC competitor. Sure most of you don't know about it, so I tell you now before you see it at 2nd place with Billions of $ market cap. IOTA.

Fast non-technical summary: SIMPLE USE,NO BLOCKCHAIN, TANGLE TECHNOLOGY, DESCENTRALIZED NETWORK, NEARLY INSTANT TRANSACTIONS, SUPER LIGHT NETWORK, MINIMUM WASTE OF ENERGY (SUSTAINABLE OVER TIME), LIMITED SUPPLY 0% INFLATION, 0 TRANSACTION FEES, ANONYMOUS TRANSACTIONS, AND A CLEVER TEAM AND LEGAL COMPANY BEHIND.

It may look impossible, but it will be real by the end of this month.

Distribution: There are and there will be a total of 1 Billion IOTA coins, which were sold in a "shadly" crowdsale only for nerds (Russian style), giving a total of only 1127 BTC (aprox. 500,000 $). I say only because of the giant potential it has.

Just telling you before it launches, so you cannot say "Why I didn't invest in that!!??¿" in the future when you see "IOTA" (yes, strange name) 2nd in coinmarketcap.

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 09:57:24 PM

Based on previous times bitcoin hit new all time highs many alts also saw their own all time highs too. As OP states many have bigger % gains. It seems they tend to lag behind bitcoin when the bull run is getting going but then eventually they spike to their own peaks earlier than bitcoin has its own bubble blow off. Won't surprise me to see this happen again.
SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 10:10:27 PM

Based on previous times bitcoin hit new all time highs many alts also saw their own all time highs too. As OP states many have bigger % gains. It seems they tend to lag behind bitcoin when the bull run is getting going but then eventually they spike to their own peaks earlier than bitcoin has its own bubble blow off. Won't surprise me to see this happen again.

The situation is pretty much like with precious metals, where mostly gold is leading the trend. Silver usualy follows, with higher volatilty thus higher possible profits. Other metals are more or less corelated but in any case just because there are gold and silver it can't be said other metals are not useful. Just like some metals outperform gold and silver in certain areas, there are many things one can do with current altcoins that Bitcoin will probably never be able to do. The main difference here is that not enough time passed for anyone sane to call Bitcoin a clear winner.
kwukduck
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 10:18:58 PM

No, I mean https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1153740.0 and other useful features like InstantTX with Dash. Stuff that made Bitcoin obsolete (but no one said it loud enough for you to notice).

I guess you haven't been paying attention to the bitcoin development and projects built on top of it to solve some of its problems

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 10:23:17 PM

bitcoin is all we need. most of the altcoins are nothing more than premine and insta mine money making tools for the "devs" behind the coins.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 10:27:11 PM

I am not against altcoins by anymeans. I hold two or three... specially one (NETcoin) I like, and I am hoping for it to get high and mainstream. But buying altcoins just for the sake of them going up does not sound like a very good strategy to me. True, you can get one that raises very high, but you'll have to buy too many coins that will just dissappear with no value.

SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 10:33:53 PM

bitcoin is all we need.

"We" is under a million people (excluding myself) who are irrelevant in a bigger picture. Prepare to be assimilated or annihilated. Just for giggles, here are some wrongs and more wrongs from the past.

http://imgur.com/gallery/kzKxU
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 10:38:11 PM

Sure, Bitcoin can go up 100% from here but altcoins can go up 1000% much easier and much faster, given their current marketcaps and lack of liquidity. But do not wait for too long, buy at least a small amount of altcoins at current very low prices and smile later when majority suddenly (re)discovers altcoins, many of which outperform Bitcoin is all technical aspects. Pretty much every noob investor and speculator is dumping altcoins now so you should be slowly buying them.

Last year which coin was pumped by 100% ? the answer is bitcoin.
There are/were some altcoins but there is a higher risk investing in altcoins
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 10:41:04 PM

Aside from bitcoin the only other crypto I'm currently holding is Dash. I personally really like the innovation in Dash, also very interested in Etherium. But there are just too many alts to be able to know about them all. Dash is exciting because it incentives people to run full nodes and has a budget and governance system so developement can be voted on and funded through the protocol itself. Currently the number of full nodes on the DASH network is growing and set to overtake bitcoin which is falling. In bitcoin a big problem is why run a full node?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: