Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:14:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The best buy right now is not Bitcoin, it is ALTCOINS  (Read 7402 times)
Pkzone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 01:43:00 PM

I also think OP is right.
But I guess altcoins are unstable' though there are stable coins out here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:48:42 PM

I just checked dogecoin how is pumped today and i can say those who invested yesterday are getting a high profit today (around 30%), sometimes yes it worth investing in altcoins

It's from months that their price is "depressed"... I have accumulated a nice batch from September... Now this rise give a nice profit, but I remember when dogecoin price was at least 60 satoshi and touch also 80!
I remember too when the price was at @70, unforutanetly i sold few weeks before at 30 and i am getting a bit nervous now that i didn't know that today the price will be pumped for about +30%

I decide to not sold my coins, also I exchange 1500k satoshi in the last weeks (LUCKY Cheesy )
I think that this one of the "historic" altcoin with a background (minimum) but with a good numbers of users that accept it, or exchange to trade with in.
Maybe price could touch again 70 satoshi, but meanwhile I prefer to cash out my 30% Tongue
Then you are lucky, i don't know what happened that the doge altcoin is pumped today by 30% simple unbelievable.
SISAR (OP)

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:58:35 PM

I also think OP is right.
But I guess altcoins are unstable' though there are stable coins out here.

Altcoins are more volatile than Bitcoin but that is where higher % profits can be made. Or you can chose to stick with Bitcoin and use leveraged trading from 2:1 up to 20:1 if you dare.  Grin
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:04:42 PM

Sure, Bitcoin can go up 100% from here but altcoins can go up 1000% much easier and much faster, given their current marketcaps and lack of liquidity. But do not wait for too long, buy at least a small amount of altcoins at current very low prices and smile later when majority suddenly (re)discovers altcoins, many of which outperform Bitcoin is all technical aspects. Pretty much every noob investor and speculator is dumping altcoins now so you should be slowly buying them.

I thought about altcoins too, that one or the other of them might take off significantly.The problem is which one? I doubt it will be all of the top 10 or top 20. So this seems also to be a kind of gambling to choose the right one.
Therefore when you stick with Bitcoin, growth will definitely happen. And it can be way more than just 100%!!
SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:15:42 PM

Therefore when you stick with Bitcoin, growth will definitely happen.

Nothing is 100% and so many things can go wrong anytime. If you are invested all into Bitcoin or whatever else you can realisticaly end up nulled. Altcoins, precious metals, land, enumismatics, rare or even unique stuff with constant demand are a nice way to hedge against total loss. Good portfolio is one where person is well diversified within and out of some sector, with very stable to very volatile investments where more attention and money is put into currently stable stuff. But whoever dismisses very volatile investments should not expect to ever see 1000% or higher gains.
pissedoff

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:27:51 PM

Therefore when you stick with Bitcoin, growth will definitely happen.

Nothing is 100% and so many things can go wrong anytime. If you are invested all into Bitcoin or whatever else you can realisticaly end up nulled. Altcoins, precious metals, land, enumismatics, rare or even unique stuff with constant demand are a nice way to hedge against total loss. Good portfolio is one where person is well diversified within and out of some sector, with very stable to very volatile investments where more attention and money is put into currently stable stuff. But whoever dismisses very volatile investments should not expect to ever see 1000% or higher gains.
I agree with you. But altcoin volatility is too high to buy and hold. You need to buy low and sell high in the short term.
vengeful

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

if i can't save earth, i'll damn sure avenge it

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:34:50 PM

Sure, Bitcoin can go up 100% from here but altcoins can go up 1000% much easier and much faster, given their current marketcaps and lack of liquidity. But do not wait for too long, buy at least a small amount of altcoins at current very low prices and smile later when majority suddenly (re)discovers altcoins, many of which outperform Bitcoin is all technical aspects. Pretty much every noob investor and speculator is dumping altcoins now so you should be slowly buying them.

You say this is the best time to buy altcoins but there a ton of different altcoins out there. How are we to know which ones are gonna survive and which ones are gonna go down the "drain". There might only be handful of them that have the potential to come near the success that Bitcoins has received but the question still remains who they might be? (Other than litecoins)
SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:42:31 PM

What I am doing is buy a bit of coins and immidiately put them up for sale, at 2x 5x 10x 25x 100x profits depending on current coin marketcap and liquidity. There are few very cheap altcoins that overaly sound great to me and situation is there are not many up for sale which means if sudden madness hits price might surge extremely. So I buy 50,000 coins total at let's say 100 Satoshi each (total investment 0.05 BTC for that trade) and place sell orders as follows:

5,000 coins at 1,000 Satoshi = 0.05 BTC (return of investment)
10,000 coins at 2,500 Satoshi = 0.25 BTC (profit)
20,000 coins at 10,000 Satoshi = 2 BTC (even more profit)

15,000 coins remain for the highly unlikely but still possible case that 1 coin = 1 BTC  Grin

Of course, you can buy less coins in one go and spread buying over some period of time.
vengeful

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

if i can't save earth, i'll damn sure avenge it

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:51:17 PM

Could you please specify what these coons are, I mean which ones are they. I don't think that similar profits can be made but a nice nudge in that direction would be of great help
SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:55:54 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2016, 03:27:26 PM by SISAR

Could you please specify what these coons are, I mean which ones are they. I don't think that similar profits can be made but a nice nudge in that direction would be of great help

Put some time into investigating coins with marketcap at around or under 100 BTC at http://coinmarketcap.com/2#BTC and http://coinmarketcap.com/3#BTC then pick those that suit your interests, investement idea, sentiment or whatever. All those coins can easily 1000% in a day or less. Of course that no matter how awesome some coin might look you should not invest any serious money in it, start with a few USD invested at best and then over some time (weeks and months, not hours or days) decide if you wanna exit position, reduce it or add to it.

Overaly (there are some exceptions) I'm hunting coins that are unique and are traded on at least 2 exchanges. If they trade in China that is a big plus.
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:58:09 PM

The cons of altcoins is because the price changes a lot so you can make or good profit or a huge loss, it's more unstable than bitcoin.
suda123

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:29:46 PM

stay away from altcoins
SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:36:06 PM

i don't know what happened that the doge altcoin is pumped today by 30% simple unbelievable.

Dogeparty (working clone of Counterparty for DOGE) went up 45% but with very low volume, still a nice example of how little money it takes to make a major price movement with some altcoins.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dogeparty/
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:41:39 PM

You say many of them outform Bitcoin in all its technical aspects, yet you don't give any examples. Last time I checked, I didn't see any coin that has proven to be stable under Bitcoin's pressure, which is the nº1 reason to bet on it. Maidsafe is the only coin different enough that I would be able to trust long term as something valuable.

As for Crypto 2.0 coins:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1153740.0

But even that won't help you much unless you actualy used those coins, extensively and more than once.

(alt) coins do not have the potential to go up so much. 1000% is an impractical amount. In the last 6 months of me trading alt coins, not a single coin that I know of, has gone up 1000%

Dozens of them went up 1000% or more, not sure where you are looking.

As for everything else you posted, a problem here is that so many are double-binary = Bitcoin only and the only way is up. Else I'm gonna jump off the building. That is insane. Sure, they can make money, possibly more than with altcoins (totaly doubt that though) but still they are insane and I don't feel well dealing with insane people even if we all are trillionaires.

I don't see anything on that list that couldn't be able to get implemented thanks to sidechains, even all the stuff that Ethereum does can be integrated in Bitcoin (see rootstock) so alts are becoming more and more irrelevant. Some of the features on other alts are actually undesirable like PoS itself which is crap as a "proof of" way to do things to be honest.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:44:30 PM
Merited by nutildah (2)

Dogeparty (working clone of Counterparty for DOGE) went up 45% but with very low volume, still a nice example of how little money it takes to make a major price movement with some altcoins.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dogeparty/

24 hour volume - $33. The salad days are here. Rejoice.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:00:34 PM

Since this thread is filled with noobs from the streets of Calcutta, here's all you need to know about coins:

8% altcoin
2% bitcoin

This is pretty idiotic seeing as how any altcoin that doesn't plan to implement either deterministic block production or lightning network is basically dead in the water scaling wise.  Lightning network with 1MB block size is estimated to be able to handle 50 million users with infinite transactions.  Assuming the new world order plan to reduce human population to pre-industrial revolution levels of 500mil goes through, you'd still need 8MB block size + Lightning Network to serve as world reserve currency in that case.

Scaling wise, the only altcoins really attempting to push anything forward in that category are NXT, Bitshares, Ethereum.  NXT's transparent forging is currently vaporware and unknown if it would ever see the light of day.  Bitshares deterministic block production works, but is cursed by the bad business decisions of Dan Larimer.  Ethereum network partitioning/deterministic block production is also vaporware.  Ethereum might be able to pull off the scaling, but they have a behemoth and maybe insecure software stack to place on top of it that might implode it.

So, in this case, even if Bitcoin doesn't go above 1MB blocks, there's really nothing coming down the line to challenge it's network effects.  Better luck next time motherkwuker.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:48:37 PM

Sure, but most of them are just pump and dump, and the chance of raising 1000% is much smaller than the chance of them becoming equal to 0 $
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:28:46 PM

Altcoins are good but i prefer the real think.
Because most of the altcoins are run and made by scammy devs.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2941

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 09:12:33 PM

Maybe you are right but the problem is what altcoin is the best that we can make a profit in a long run just like in bitcoins.
Can you suggest?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bavaria

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:38:32 PM

What about risks of 90%+ of altcoins which are doomed and have no way to recover because whales simply dumped all their holdings and newbies baghold them?

Low liquidity means extreme upside potential! Besides, Bitcoin went up so much exactly because bagholding aka HODL so I don't find your argument good enough to dismiss altcoin markets recovery.

Exactly! BTC also went up because of bagholding! The same will be with good altcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: