Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:09:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralization? Yeah, right. Bitcoin is not even decentralized.  (Read 2401 times)
Dekker3D

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 12:31:15 PM

Government and banks will have their blockchain so Bitcoin will remain decentralized. However the Chinese are somewhat controlling it die to their large holdings and numbers.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 12:33:08 PM

because they know if people move over to "liquid" then the demand for bitcoin would die.

Liquid is just another alt.  And unlike most alts, it is a fucking piece of shit alt that won't work.  And they like to say that Bip101 is an alt.  Hahahahahaha

Ah, you missed the greatest nugget of comedy gold with Liquid - it relies on Federated servers.. 'Federated' as in 'trusted'. And they claim that a 2Mb bump will lead to centralization? Irony, much?

Can they really think so little of Bitcoin users that they can pass bullshit like this and not expect it to be challenged?

Isn't Liquid a sidechain for corporate types? Who cares what it looks like? Am I wrong??

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 12:39:58 PM

Isn't Liquid a sidechain for corporate types? Who cares what it looks like? Am I wrong??
It is and you should not care what it looks like. Apparently people who can't stand their ridiculous ideas being rejected by experts. OP links to an article written by Hearn; that does not even deserve a comment.

The "lighting network" would allow a work around,
whereby merchants and others can finally "sell/buy their coffee",
with a single confirm, and not have to wait 10 mins (or more) for such.
It is not a workaround and the transactions are supposedly near-instant and cheaper than transacting on the main chain.

Bitcoin is not even close to being regulated by teh government whatsoever. Not very sure why this is a topic.
Because of bias, as always.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 12:41:02 PM

because they know if people move over to "liquid" then the demand for bitcoin would die.

Liquid is just another alt.  And unlike most alts, it is a fucking piece of shit alt that won't work.  And they like to say that Bip101 is an alt.  Hahahahahaha

Ah, you missed the greatest nugget of comedy gold with Liquid - it relies on Federated servers.. 'Federated' as in 'trusted'. And they claim that a 2Mb bump will lead to centralization? Irony, much?

Can they really think so little of Bitcoin users that they can pass bullshit like this and not expect it to be challenged?

'Liquid' is a scheme whereby Blockstream (vis-à-vis Maxwell) severely encumbers the blockchain capacity with 1MB blocks - so you will have to buy access to their little private sideschains.  
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 12:46:51 PM

'Liquid' is a scheme whereby Blockstream (vis-à-vis Maxwell) severely encumbers the blockchain capacity with 1MB blocks - so you will have to buy access to their little private sideschains.  
Look at all this propaganda. Once you have some concrete proof of something, we can talk.
Liquid is a commercial sidechain that combines Confidential Transactions and several other Elements to provide high-speed transactions between Bitcoin Exchanges.
It has nothing to do with the users, nor is Bitcoin being capped (Step 1. Segwit).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 03:45:34 PM

Look at all this propaganda. Once you have some concrete proof of something, we can talk.
Liquid is a commercial sidechain that combines Confidential Transactions and several other Elements to provide high-speed transactions between Bitcoin Exchanges.
It has nothing to do with the users, nor is Bitcoin being capped (Step 1. Segwit).

I dont know. It all stinks of corporate sellout - didn't PwC say that Blockstream were trying to corner the IP rights to bitcoin? Isnt that what its about?

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 03:47:46 PM

I dont know. It all stinks of corporate sellout
So you're trying to tell me that all the developers that signed the roadmap have been bought, albeit Gavin, Garzik and Toomin haven't?
didn't PwC say that Blockstream were trying to corner the IP rights to bitcoin? Isnt that what its about?
Never heard of this before. Source?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 04:03:34 PM

So you're trying to tell me that all the developers that signed the roadmap have been bought, albeit Gavin, Garzik and Toomin haven't?

You make that sound like you think it would be ok.  They are not the ones with the $76m deal to change bitcoin.
didn't PwC say that Blockstream were trying to corner the IP rights to bitcoin? Isnt that what its about?

full pdf here

Right on first page:
incumbents focus
on protecting their intellectual property as they
explore new collaborative opportunities with
customers

Know any other 'incumbants' that are working with PwC?

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
ThunderThomas

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 05:24:21 PM

True currently bitcoin is almost decentralized. Big mining farms/pool controlling the network.
In a way they are holding bitcoin hostage by not upgrading the blocksize.

Simply because their internet speed is slow..

mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:26:47 PM

There's no thing as decentralized as there's no thing as total freedom. Many users here still believe in utopias and ideal notions of how the world will turn into paradise. Sadly Bitcoin can become a joke if the developers wish to do so in a second. The same as the internet with the SOPA regulation, we were days or even hours away of having a completely censored and regulated internet, think about that, is that easy because for machines and systems to work we still need human beings and human beings are very easy to corrupt.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:30:28 PM

You make that sound like you think it would be ok.  They are not the ones with the $76m deal to change bitcoin.

full pdf here

Right on first page:
incumbents focus
on protecting their intellectual property as they
explore new collaborative opportunities with
customers

Know any other 'incumbants' that are working with PwC?

This could mean anything. I focus my incumbants all the time. Politics is an ugly business.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: