In order to collect more money for the creation of good forum software, the forum is selling ad space in the area beneath the first post of every topic page.
Ads are allowed to contain any non-annoying HTML/CSS style. No images
to any NSFW page. Ads may be rejected for other reasons.
There are 10 total ad slots which are randomly rotated. So one ad slot has a one in ten chance of appearing. Eight of the slots are for sale here. Ads appear only on topic pages with more than one post, and only for people using the default theme.
The ad lasts 7 days starting from when I put it up.Stats
Exact historical impression counts per slot:https://bitcointalk.org/adrotate.php?adstats
Info about the current ad slots:https://bitcointalk.org/adrotate.php?adinfoAuction rules
Post your bids in this thread. Prices must be stated in BTC per slot. You must
state the max number of slots you want. When the auction ends, the highest bidders will have their slots filled until all eight slots are filled.
So if someone bids for 8 slots @ 5 BTC and this is the highest bid, then he'll get all 8 slots. If the two highest bids are 8 slots @ 4 BTC and 1 slot @ 5 BTC, then the first person will get 7 slots and the second person will get 1 slot.The notation "2 @ 5" means 2 slots for 5 BTC each. Not 2 slots for 5 BTC total.
- When you post a bid, the bids in your previous posts are considered to be automatically canceled. You can put multiple bids in one post, however.
- All bid prices must be evenly divisible by 0.25.
- The bidding starts at 0.5.
- I will end the auction at an arbitrary time no more than 12 days from now. (I will probably end the auction 1-3 days before the ads are scheduled to go up.)
- If two people bid at the same price, the person who bid first will have his slots filled first.
- Bids are considered invalid and will be ignored if they do not specify both a price and a max quantity, or if they could not possibly win any slots
If these rules are confusing, look at some of the past forum ad auctions to see how it's done. I also post periodic status updates which should help make things clear.
You must pay for your slots within 24 hours of receiving the payment address. Otherwise your slots may be sold to someone else.