Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:21:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: should i go 50/50 with gold and bitcoin?  (Read 8832 times)
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:29:58 PM

I guess it was not bad. You just need to be sure of what you want, maybe gold is a very good investment in the long term, whereas with bitcoin, you can benefit in a short time, but I guess it is a good plan

Its always good to invest in both of them as both are really good as an investment, one can take care of us in long term and other in short term which is best for any investor.

Diversifying your investment is the best thing you can do.
And to me Gold seems the next best thing after bitcoin.

In a way it is the same (mining) but also the exact opposite.
While bitcoin is very volatile and can be considered very risk. Gold seems to be a less risky asset and it has been there for ages. While bitcoin is very very new..
peta4e

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:42:46 PM

I guess it was not bad. You just need to be sure of what you want, maybe gold is a very good investment in the long term, whereas with bitcoin, you can benefit in a short time, but I guess it is a good plan

Its always good to invest in both of them as both are really good as an investment, one can take care of us in long term and other in short term which is best for any investor.

Diversifying your investment is the best thing you can do.
And to me Gold seems the next best thing after bitcoin.

In a way it is the same (mining) but also the exact opposite.
While bitcoin is very volatile and can be considered very risk. Gold seems to be a less risky asset and it has been there for ages. While bitcoin is very very new..

Both products have their own advantages and disadvantages and if you can afford to invest in both of them then that would be the best for you as any one of them will perform better in future.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:31:49 PM

at the moment i have 30 btc now i could sell in the highs and buy gold leaving me with 15 btc.

im starting to think btc wont survive long due being entirely digital the thing could be abandoned or worse internet might go down what you guys think i would look pretty stupid buying something you cant see or hold im torn to shreds right now.

ive listened to max keiser and proffs that bitcoin could be worth tens of thousends i think its the most sensible thing to do "dont put eggs in one basket" on all...

it draws a fine line... i.e. all that electricity to "mine" bitcoins pushing hardware to the max and with exchanges like crypsty and cexio mucking me around i just dont see the future help me realise this what should i do?

this is only my opinion, but  personally, i would go 100% with bitcoins only, gold price is pretty stable now so i don't that you should invest there, better keep those bitcoins

because bitcoin is not stable these days at all and it's price will only rise in near future so i am sure that you will get lots of profit if you will have bitcoins when price will be very large

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:17:16 PM

I think it is not bad to get 50/50 of bitcoin and gold as investment, but before doing that think more as the price of bitcoin s going to increase more and more and the gold will increase only a few percent.
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:10:19 AM

Yes go on.  As what they say, " Do not put all your eggs in one basket".  We can never tell how long bitcoin will be on its height but gold has been around for how many years.  We know how much valuable bitcoin has been but there are other cryptocurrency that rising right now.  Or maybe you can part your 30 BTC into another investment.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:51:09 AM

I think that it is a pretty smart thing to do by investing in both gold and the Bitcoin. This way you have somewhat a better chance. if the one is not as good you can still rely on the other one.
So check it out for a bit and see of it really works. It does not hurt if you try it out.
jamesl22

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:54:45 AM

I think that it is a pretty smart thing to do by investing in both gold and the Bitcoin. This way you have somewhat a better chance. if the one is not as good you can still rely on the other one.
So check it out for a bit and see of it really works. It does not hurt if you try it out.

Investing in both of them is really a smart idea, as we all know gold will surely give us good profits in long run, and bitcoin allows us to make quick profits, so both are good as an investment.
GermanFoobla

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:35:56 AM

at the moment i have 30 btc now i could sell in the highs and buy gold leaving me with 15 btc.

im starting to think btc wont survive long due being entirely digital the thing could be abandoned or worse internet might go down what you guys think i would look pretty stupid buying something you cant see or hold im torn to shreds right now.

ive listened to max keiser and proffs that bitcoin could be worth tens of thousends i think its the most sensible thing to do "dont put eggs in one basket" on all...

it draws a fine line... i.e. all that electricity to "mine" bitcoins pushing hardware to the max and with exchanges like crypsty and cexio mucking me around i just dont see the future help me realise this what should i do?
I dontthink that is a very stupid idea because you also need to use the cash because not everything can be bought with bitcoins so 5050 is not a quiet stupid idea.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:43:29 AM

Yes go on.  As what they say, " Do not put all your eggs in one basket".  We can never tell how long bitcoin will be on its height but gold has been around for how many years.  We know how much valuable bitcoin has been but there are other cryptocurrency that rising right now.  Or maybe you can part your 30 BTC into another investment.

Well, if Bitcoin lives up to what people are expecting from it, then Bitcoin will outperform any kind of investment by a huge margin. That's why I prefer Bitcoin over any kind of other investment options.
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:51:16 AM

It is good to have diversity, but I would disproportionally allocate more of your capital to BTC. Just my opinion Smiley 
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 09:38:39 AM

Well, if Bitcoin lives up to what people are expecting from it, then Bitcoin will outperform any kind of investment by a huge margin. That's why I prefer Bitcoin over any kind of other investment options.

Bitcoin has an potential to take over the gold in future, the only thing its lacking at a moment is the support from the people and the fact is majority of people are still not aware about the bicoins.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:42:23 PM

It is good to have diversity, but I would disproportionally allocate more of your capital to BTC. Just my opinion Smiley 

To diversify is important when you are investing, especially if you have an risky asset like bitcoin for speculation.
However Bitcoin with another asset at fifty fifty still looks very risky to me.  I would either go for 30% bitcoin or less.

Suppose the projects fails you haven't lost much.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:56:12 PM

I think its better to split money on two parts and invest them in two different things. 30 BTC is a lot of money now, I think if you split it on 3 ways its even better. Gold is safe investment in my opinion, bitcoin is risky but it can jump higher then gold for sure, so third thing should be something risky like gambling or trading with alt coins.
You will have your 66 % safe, for me both things should be long term investments. With last part try to make some big hit, choose some good gambling game or alt coin with future and try to make a lot of money. 10 btc can be splited on 2 more parts, 5 gambling and 5 to altcoins.
I would do it like that!

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Assanger

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:52:55 AM

If you have 50:50 for the bitcoin and gold now. And you do nothing in the next 10 years, it will be 90:10.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:59:34 PM

If you have 50:50 for the bitcoin and gold now. And you do nothing in the next 10 years, it will be 90:10.

With some gold on Vaultoro and CAT (see my links) you can trade BTC/gold back and forth all the time in auto mode.
In 10 years you can have much more of the same.

Below is the gains from the session that I started today. Not bad for doing nothing, hm?

SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:48:11 PM

To diversify is important when you are investing, especially if you have an risky asset like bitcoin for speculation.
However Bitcoin with another asset at fifty fifty still looks very risky to me.  I would either go for 30% bitcoin or less.

Suppose the projects fails you haven't lost much.

Yeah try to invest more in gold as gold is the most trusted investment product across the globe which will surely give you some good returns in future, same thing doesn't apply to bitcoin as no one knows how long it will survive.
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:05:35 PM

You should have good diversity of holdings in Bitcoin,gold and fiat.All these are necessary to be available according to situation.The ratio among all three depends on your way of life.May be you need not more fiat or you need it more.It is totally personally but I go for these three.
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:08:17 PM

You should have good diversity of holdings in Bitcoin,gold and fiat.All these are necessary to be available according to situation.The ratio among all three depends on your way of life.May be you need not more fiat or you need it more.It is totally personally but I go for these three.
Its always an better option to diversify your investments as either of any will perform better in future which will allow you to make good profits and it will also reduce your risks.
Zemomtum

Activity: 1316
Merit: 104

CitizenFinance.io

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:48:17 PM

Its always an better option to diversify your investments as either of any will perform better in future which will allow you to make good profits and it will also reduce your risks.

I will store both gold and bitcoin and also some Ethrereum. The problem with ethereum is that it is in some kind of crisis.

Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:23:38 PM

I guess that's a pretty good strategy. you can use bitcoin to increase your income, while gold can you save in a very long time, I think the price will increase. whereas for bitcoin, you have to make it grow by means of trading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: