Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:20:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Shield is a FBI!  (Read 1848 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:17:04 AM

I heard that the owner of silkroad was caught because he asked a question or advertised in this forum.
IIRC Ross was caught because he did not do a good enough job concealing a package containing drugs; not to do with this forum.
Ross was caught by the FBI for two reasons

• 1 (primarily) - The CAPTCHA on the login page of SR1 was leaking the IP address of the SR server, which after using additional tools available to the FBI was able to be traced to IP addresses of locations that were near where Ross lived as well as IP addresses associated with Ross -- Some speculate that the FBI engaged in some kind of illegal/unconstitutional activity to find this IP address
  • 2 - Ross posted here soliciting programmers to help with a project described in a way that matched SR. IIRC, there was also someone who posted on another forum with the same "altoid" handle that registered with the same email address, and subsequently changed the email associated with that account

Re the topic - no shield is not the FBI lol
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 01:28:21 AM

Edit: I just saw his trust well someone like shield dare to go around and give negative trusts. I'm disappointed.
He gets negative trusts because of people like you crying about doing something wrong and getting punished for it. AFAIK Shield hasn't done anything dishonest while he has been on the forum.

if you have missed I have 1 positive trust too on my trust page  Grin Atleast someone who thinks I'm not doing anything wrong. Cool

YOP  Nice tan .. buddy .. Tongue

Its almost as good as mine.. xD

Shield

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 01:14:45 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2016, 04:42:51 PM by Shield

Edit: I just saw his trust well someone like shield dare to go around and give negative trusts. I'm disappointed.
He gets negative trusts because of people like you crying about doing something wrong and getting punished for it. AFAIK Shield hasn't done anything dishonest while he has been on the forum.

if you have missed I have 1 positive trust too on my trust page  Grin Atleast someone who thinks I'm not doing anything wrong. Cool

YOP  Nice tan .. buddy .. Tongue

Its almost as good as mine.. xD

yes
this 1 positive makes me happy when I see a lot of red on my profile

EDIT: I noticed there are two  Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: