Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:23:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-01-11] CTUK:Bitcoin Debit Cards help UK Consumers Buy Low & Spend High  (Read 309 times)
CoinTelegraph UK (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:00:15 AM

Bitcoin debit cards have serious potential at being a massive player in bringing in new adopters to the digital currency ecosystem. Of all the new protocols and products that has entered the market over the last twelfth months, it is the one that I have witnessed most naysayers and those on the fence take most notice off.

Consumers and merchants alike seem to be creatures of comfort when it comes to ways to pay and receive payment for their products and an old familiar name like Visa or MasterCard attached to a debit card gives them a seemingly false sense of security to use and accept it.

I remember when CoinKite first released their debit card that could only be used at their terminals. I ordered one immediately and thought it great to show off to people even though I would have to wait a year or so later for a merchant in my province to have a terminal to use it at.

The difference these Visa, MasterCard and Discovery Bitcoin debit cards bring to the ecosystem is you can spend your digital currency anywhere now from your local grocery store, fuel station or even the big name supermarkets like Asda, Marks & Spencer’s and Tesco, the options are the same for purchasing as with your RBS, NatWest or any other UK bank issued card.

Other benefits they bring to the arena is the ability to shop online on any website worldwide or to take your sterling or euros equivalent out at any ATM, some of these debit cards have low fees and cash withdrawals are instant, you just type in your four digit code like with your other cards.

The largest issuers of these Bitcoin debit cards are Xapo, E-Coin and ANX although there are many other companies and exchanges offering this option now and I have yet to hear any issues or complaints from anyone using any brand of them.

Topping up and using your card funds is as simple as depositing your digital currency into your wallet and spending it in-store, online or withdrawing your pounds at the exchange rate equivalent at the time of the transaction.

Apart from the spending and withdrawal benefits these cards bring to those that use them, the biggest benefit I have found is using the high volatility of Bitcoins price to enhance your purchasing power.

http://cointelegraph.uk/news/116028/bitcoin-debit-cards-help-uk-consumers-buy-low-spend-high

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:35:27 PM

I like the idea of buy low,spend high

but it doesn't always work out that way for me  Grin
CoinTelegraph UK (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:40:03 PM