Bitcoin Forum
December 03, 2016, 12:42:16 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 6950 GUI Miner Issue - warning; job finished; miner is idle  (Read 4353 times)
mbart

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 01:24:13 AM

This is the error I get after I set up GUI Miner with a 6950.

warning; job finished; miner is idle
Problems communicating with Bitcoin RPC

any ideas?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finnthecelt

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 06:49:19 AM

This is the error I get after I set up GUI Miner with a 6950.

Problems communicating with Bitcoin RPC

any ideas?

Same issue with me. Been at it for hours and hours.

Here's what I found: I found a Bitcoin directory in two locations. One in the roaming profile and one in C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin.

When I put my bitcoin.config file in the (x86) directory and started the gui, voila!!!! It worked. I then started another gui for my second device and they both crashed  Angry

Closed them both out. Opened one gui and am currently running only one device. Need to figure out how to modify config file to get both running. Feedback?
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 07:12:20 AM

I should also note that I had to put the following flags in or it kept crashing: -v -f30 -w256

I don't know if that's optimal but I need some sleep now. Check in later.
chris4beta

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 07:34:08 PM

Same problem here, was driving me crazy with a new 6950 install and trying to use either deepbit or slush's pool. If you're on windows, have it check for updates. There's an optional update for HD69xx series cards from back in May that once installed cleared up the problem for me... Win7 64bit.
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:38:30 PM

Same problem here, was driving me crazy with a new 6950 install and trying to use either deepbit or slush's pool. If you're on windows, have it check for updates. There's an optional update for HD69xx series cards from back in May that once installed cleared up the problem for me... Win7 64bit.

I ended up fixing the problem but not entirely sure how. I reinstalled the OS and don't remember if I ran updates right away..... It was driving me crazy though....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.