Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:34:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What will happen?
Site will go offline very soon - 18 (81.8%)
Back online same slow payouts - 3 (13.6%)
Site goes bust in 7 years we get our coins back - 0 (0%)
Site gets fixed like nothing happened - 1 (4.5%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy Legal Posibilities  (Read 3449 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 09:03:30 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 07:34:46 PM by Amph

the same will happen, with cryptsy like it happened with bitstamp, no coins back, they are gone, nada, zero, they are in the hands of thief

can you name me a single complex technology the flew perfect on the first try?
There is a REASON bitcoind is v0.1 at this time.
Running an exchange still has some work to do as well.
When the technology reaches v1.0, you can rest assured. But by then you will have missed the boat and just along for the ride.

but this has more to do with the negligency of the owner, and not the technology, so i'm afraid nothing will change in the future if the people are dumb and don't care about the money of the other

i'm sure that if there were their money there they would have been more diligent and cautious
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shibewalk

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 10:48:45 AM

I am happy I sold all mine coins with some lose after I had to buy some altcoins with high prices. They scammed a lot of people and never told people about the problems when they deposit on their exchange. When people complain on the chat they just ban you. They way they treat people is ridiculous really hope they once get in jail for stealing people there money.

oh, pleaeaease -- the jail-thing is not the top concern, though. More importantly, they should stay out of jail as long as necessary to make good on what they owe their users!

I don't know why people still resort to Lycnh-first-think-later behaviour -- like we were still in the 16th century. There are much better ways and legal solutions to that these days -- suing them and claim punitive damages, starting a class action, etc come to mind.

I actually hope that these -- more realistic -- scenarios come to fruition here and will be pursued instead. BTW equally painful to Paul Vernon and/or any accomplices.
shibewalk

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 10:56:47 AM

the same will happen, with cryptsy like it happened with bitstamp, no coins back, they are gone, nada, zero, they are in the hands of thief

can you name me a single complex technology the flew perfect on the first try?
There is a REASON bitcoind is v0.1 at this time.
Running an exchange still has some work to do as well.
When the technology reaches v1.0, you can rest assured. But by then you will have missed the boat and just along for the ride.

but this has more to do with the negligency of the owner, and not the technology, so i'm afraid nothing will change in the future if the people are dump and don't care about the money of the other

i'm sure that if there were their money there they would have been more diligent and cautious

exactly -- this is human (mis-)bevahiour, don't blame it on "Bitcoin technology"... Also, the case is different from Bitstamp and others where "coins have gone" or are "in the hands of thieves" because at Cryptsy, user coins are in segregated accounts and showing until the site goes (went) offline as "user balance" or "account value" belonging to account holders.

These will have to be distributed 1:1 as individual user property in case of a bankruptcy, this is why a group lawsuit, bankruptcy proceedings, class action etc are needed  -- the quota fractions can only be distributed for the remaining lump sum (if any) belonging to Cryptsy's own assets to settle other creditors' claims (the landlord on whom Cryptsy moved out so suddenly and apparently without notice comes to mind here, etc).

It all depends on what kind of lawsuit there will be and if people are smart enough to drop that stupid Go-to-Jail thing long enough for the culprits to be available and forced to co-operate on the return of recoverable user assets.
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:31:50 PM

There is absolutely no way they continue operating after what just got revealed; a lawsuit will most likely be filed. Honestly this is pretty extreme case of fraud and I think jailtime for the CEO of Cryptsy and other affiliates is pretty viable. I doubt you'll get any of your coins back, it's impossible. They're simply not there, they never truly were. It was a huge Ponzi scheme. It sucks but you have to just deal with it. This isn't the same as FIAT currency, you can't just get it refunded.
bitcoinpete (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:32:24 AM

There is absolutely no way they continue operating after what just got revealed; a lawsuit will most likely be filed. Honestly this is pretty extreme case of fraud and I think jailtime for the CEO of Cryptsy and other affiliates is pretty viable. I doubt you'll get any of your coins back, it's impossible. They're simply not there, they never truly were. It was a huge Ponzi scheme. It sucks but you have to just deal with it. This isn't the same as FIAT currency, you can't just get it refunded.
Totally agree, I hope they get rained on soon

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 01:23:39 PM

Site will go offline soon, the owner will move somewhere maybe Cambodia or Netherlands and says thank you to all.
Who knows he may have been in the remote areas this time probably in the solomon islands watching the pacific and are amaze how blue it is
I really hope Big Vern and all his scamming staff all get to go somewhere nice, and I also hope they get at least 20 minutes a day to step outside and breathe fresh air. Hopefully none of the prison guards will be crypsty scam victims or else this wont be half as much as they dont imagine.

Like these things tend to play out they will probably get away with it.
Look at big time scammers as Chris (LTCGear) & Josh Garza (GAWminers). They are still walking freely.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: