Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:32:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the deal with Theymos?  (Read 2499 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 05:50:47 PM

why is it foolish to ask now ? they even lost the freedom of speech ? This is not a religion to have faith in the messenger.They can go to any levels to inquire as people are investing their time and money in bitcoin.
Did I ever tell you to have faith in theymos? Nobody lost their right to free speech. People have lost the proper definition of free speech. The case is even more different on BTCT because theymos does very little to no moderation at all. Time could be spent for better purposes.

of course not,the law wont say that (anywhere around the world) unless the amount of money involved is negligible.
You're wrong. It clearly stated, when you donated, that:
The Bitcoin Forum is a website meant to host free discussion of Bitcoin and related topics. It is operated as a service to the community, and all profit is reinvested into the forum and the community.
This could mean a lot of things. You donated money to this forum, i.e. him; you don't decide how he spends it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7917

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:03:28 PM

Un ange passé Wink

lol
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:05:58 PM

How does that cock taste in your mouth ?
I'd ask the same to you, anti-theymos shill.
Crap. Apologies, friend. I feel a temp ban coming on now  Sad
Temp ban for trolling, probably, can't see any other reason you'd be banned.

they even lost the freedom of speech ?
I'd keep the "freedom of speech" in quotes if I were you, this is a private forum and theymos can make whatever rules he wants(the moderation rules are reasonable and logical)
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:14:54 PM

Did I ever tell you to have faith in theymos?
but you don't like people digging.

Nobody lost their right to free speech. People have lost the proper definition of free speech. The case is even more different on BTCT because theymos does very little to no moderation at all.
I think this will never be answered but who says it ?

anyways ,if you think your rules will be given any respect by the Law then of course nothing but delusion.It's money mate not a game to be controlled by forum rules which change everyday due to shit reasons & no convincing explanation.However I think thermos has got some really strong back-up which might be known to only a couple,if no then lol lol lol.

I'd keep the "freedom of speech" in quotes if I were you, this is a private forum and theymos can make whatever rules he wants(the moderation rules are reasonable and logical)
I got no serious problems with mod.. but i am talking bout legal issues.No censorship works their and you can get fucked real hard if you don't act mature with very strong evidence.

yo
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:28:49 PM

Maybe it was taking millions of dollars from reddit?

The Reddit ad fund received a total of 22.51357574 BTC, of which 12.15558457 BTC is still unspent and available, as stated in the /r/Bitcoin sidebar.

Addresses do not "naturally" send money or have balances: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/From_address . It's possible to make it so that an address's "balance" contains meaningful info, and some broken wallets do this by default, but I don't. For any of my addresses except ones that I specify, you should behave as if this is an address in a Coinbase wallet or something. All block chain information except for received amount is meaningless. I've explained this many times over the course of years...

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:43:48 PM

Gavin Andresen, Mike Hearn and Jeff Garzik are developing bitcoin pretty much since the beginning, why would they want to harm bitcoin? Where did you get that idea from?
Gavin CIA, Hearn banks and whatnot? Did you forget when Hearn was advocating for blacklists? I sure have not. Garzik seems okay for now. I could list many more reasons, but I'm not on my machine right now. There are many threads in this very forum, especially about Hearn (use the search function).

Dude, seriously?
agreed. Lauda, are you saying Gavin is in the CIA? Because that's kinda nutz.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Heutenamos

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:47:01 PM

The Reddit ad fund received a total of 22.51357574 BTC, of which 12.15558457 BTC is still unspent and available, as stated in the /r/Bitcoin sidebar.

Addresses do not "naturally" send money or have balances: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/From_address . It's possible to make it so that an address's "balance" contains meaningful info, and some broken wallets do this by default, but I don't. For any of my addresses except ones that I specify, you should behave as if this is an address in a Coinbase wallet or something. All block chain information except for received amount is meaningless. I've explained this many times over the course of years...

How/what would you advice someone to research or explore to get knowledge of at least 80% of the transactions,or simply they are not allowed to ?

yo
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:48:49 PM

How would you advice someone to research or explore to get knowledge of at least 80% of the transactions,or simply they are not allowed to ?
what makes you think youre not allowed to? hes not holding a gun to your head saying you cant go do some digging on your own, use your brain ffs.

that's for the 'magic internet money' ad thats drawn in crayon right?

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 06:52:42 PM

How would you advice someone to research or explore to get knowledge of at least 80% of the transactions,or simply they are not allowed to ?
what makes you think youre not allowed to? hes not holding a gun to your head saying you cant go do some digging on your own, use your brain ffs.
Besides, nobody can stop him from doing research nor could theymos know if he is doing it unless he stated so. The question is rather dumb itself.

agreed. Lauda, are you saying Gavin is in the CIA? Because that's kinda nutz.
Definitely a no there. I might have improperly written the post because I was on a smartphone. I've added a updated.

but you don't like people digging.
Not if it is a waste of time.

anyways ,if you think your rules will be given any respect by the Law then of course nothing but delusion.It's money mate not a game to be controlled by forum rules which change everyday due to shit reasons & no convincing explanation.However I think thermos has got some really strong back-up which might be known to only a couple,if no then lol lol lol.
What is this even supposed to mean? Do you know how donations work?

Crap. Apologies, friend. I feel a temp ban coming on now  Sad
Permanent ban would be more appropriate if it was up to me. Such people do not even deserve a second chance.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sase007

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:54:58 PM

So I've been away for a while and I come back and see that Theymos abusing his moderation abilities and acting like a little tyrant what the hell is going on?

Wha he do, I must have missed it.

Heavy moderation on http://reddit.com/r/bitcoin

Just looking at his profile, does it suggest he is the admin of Bitcointalk?
If so, he may be trying to move people over from Reddit. Also, if he has to follow the rules on there, then he must do so. If he is censoring the threads then he should stop. You should really try posting on their Bitcoin section /r/bitcoin and see what response you get.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 07:02:24 PM

Ok but what about other people's? You didnt answer that half Wink

DOX is allowed because it is a collection of publicly available information.
And when its not nothing happens to the person.

If the reason behind posting someone elses DOX is just to troll the person, then it is most likely going to be removed.
And yet no other dox but Theymos' has ever been removed (other than that lawyers').

If you spam the same DOX in a lot of places/via multiple accounts then it will most likely be removed and you would be punished.
And yet that doesn't happen. Its one thing to keep stating these rules but they're just not being enforced, unless its a staff member's dox...

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 07:06:20 PM

And when its not nothing happens to the person.
And yet no other dox but Theymos' has ever been removed (other than that lawyers').
And yet that doesn't happen. Its one thing to keep stating these rules but they're just not being enforced, unless its a staff member's dox...
I'm stating how it should be properly enforced. I don't have the power to enforce this unless the spam is coming from newbies. You would have to complain in Meta and hope for the best. However, I would like to see examples of DOX that was spammed and not removed.

-snip-
You should post less and read more.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:08:27 PM

Just looking at his profile, does it suggest he is the admin of Bitcointalk?
are you fucking serious right now

special treatment exists and the world isnt fair, not to mention its a private forum. its said enough to the point that it gets really repetitive, but thats just how it is.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Heutenamos

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:27:59 PM

Cause the transactions are not public like other typical one's,either to hide or to stop being tracked.I don't know if i would dig or not and would be depending on the answer of his.

But i don't see what problem you got if i ask him bout that ? as he is the one controlling them and would be the best source for info..if he is open and not conning.

If he responds to my question then it would straight away answer it but if he doesn't then again it will simply answer it.

The question is rather dumb itself.
If you are satisfied with this then OK.

What is this even supposed to mean? Do you know how donations work?
I see people on Reddit wanna go legal against him.Yes,But I don't know what legal papers thermos makes the donors sign before they donate anything.It can change terribly and i can be wrong as hell.

Crap. Apologies, friend. I feel a temp ban coming on now  Sad
Permanent ban would be more appropriate if it was up to me. Such people do not even deserve a second chance.
Yes,this is what.The rules we make here and the way we ban don't apply to legal issues.
You would perma-ban him and mexxer will temp-ban and i will simply ignore but what law says is very different and of course no perceptions.

yo
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:32:39 PM

Thanks for the link.  I only posted that as a possible answer to OP's response - I don't know enough about this shitstorm, let alone the technicalities behind the blockchain - to choose sides here Smiley 
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 07:42:45 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2016, 08:14:01 PM by Lauda

Yes,this is what.The rules we make here and the way we ban don't apply to legal issues.
You would perma-ban him and mexxer will temp-ban and i will simply ignore but what law says is very different and of course no perceptions.
Banning has nothing to do with the law. The rules of the forum only matter in this case; or do you think that someone could sue me for banning them? That would be hilarious.

Thanks for the link.  I only posted that as a possible answer to OP's response - I don't know enough about this shitstorm, let alone the technicalities behind the blockchain - to choose sides here Smiley  
Then it is best to stay out of it and try not to be influenced by people who try to convict a person before they even have actual evidence.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Heutenamos

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:06:37 PM

Banning has nothing to do with the law. The rules of the forum only matter in this case; or do you think that someone could sue me for banning them? That would be hilarious.
Some one could sue you because of taking millions basing on this forum rules and not explaining it.It's doesn't applies anywhere else.Now you came to my point.

Thanks for the link.  I only posted that as a possible answer to OP's response - I don't know enough about this shitstorm, let alone the technicalities behind the blockchain - to choose sides here Smiley 
Then it is best to stay out of it and try not to be influenced by the people who try to convict a person before they even have actual evidence.
yes but what if the person is trying to hide it ? clearly a Con. No ?

However,I don't come to conclusions until i know stuff & these are just some basic rules i would stick to.I wont take anyone's side anytime but only hope that my coins increase in value and not just simply collapse some day.To be honest why would i care if some shitheads gave their money to some fuckhead ? No reason for anyone to care as we are seeing a new ponzi scam everyday.But it shouldn't effect BITCOIN though,which sadly is happening.

yo
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 08:13:40 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2016, 08:29:39 PM by Lauda

Some one could sue you because of taking millions basing on this forum rules and not explaining it.It's doesn't applies anywhere else.Now you came to my point.
To clarify: I have no access to any forum funds nor have I ever had access. You can't sue me for anything, nor will there come a time in which it would be possible for you to sue 'Lauda'. Good luck suing a pseudonym on the internet; Back to the topic: As far as theymos is concerned, the money is being properly spent. If you want to investigate then you are free to as long as you don't start ignorant (at best) posts on reddit claiming that he has done something bad with it without evidence.

However,I don't come to conclusions until i know stuff & these are just some basic rules i would stick to.I wont take anyone's side anytime but only hope that my coins increase in value and not just simply collapse some day.To be honest why would i care if some shitheads gave their money to some fuckhead ? No reason for anyone to care as we are seeing a new ponzi scam everyday.But it shouldn't effect BITCOIN though,which sadly is happening.
I wasn't talking about you when I said "influenced by people".

Update:
I know that you're not talking about me. I wanted to clarify my position (now bolded), because people tend to misunderstand or misrepresent other peoples' words.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Heutenamos

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:25:14 PM

To clarify: I have no access to any forum funds nor have I ever had access. You can't sue me for anything, nor will there come a time in which it would be possible for you to sue 'Lauda'. Good luck suing a pseudonym on the internet; Back to the topic: As far as theymos is concerned, the money is being properly spent. If you want to investigate then you are free to as long as you don't start ignorant (at best) posts on reddit claiming that he has done something bad with it without evidence.

lol lol lol I am not talking bout you bud.I will not sue any "  pseudonym on the internet " and the reason is already available in my above post.I care bout my coins not who is losing and who is gaining.No, i wont dig probably as i sort of experienced a trust previously and i have seen how they twist things and repeat it like a religion.

I wasn't talking about you when I said "influenced by people".
I just made my point more clear by saying that.Nothing else.

yo
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:48:30 PM

How/what would you advice someone to research or explore to get knowledge of at least 80% of the transactions,or simply they are not allowed to ?

I don't publish info about individual transactions. You can see more-or-less how much BTC the forum has by looking at the treasury addresses.

However, only about $50,000 was donated according to BTC price at time of donation. While I am appreciative to donators, the millions of dollars made later were from capital gains and ad income -- things that I am primarily responsible for. So don't go around acting like this is some big swindle, especially when I actually am reinvesting all profit into the forum and the community, as it says on the donation page.

For the /r/Bitcoin ad fund, there were three spends:
- A Reddit ad campaign
- Sponsorship of a Starcraft tournament
- Sponsorship of Axiom eSports

The "magic Internet money" ad is provided free by Reddit.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: