Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:46:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It is good to invest in mining hardware or in btc stocks?  (Read 2712 times)
Perryl

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:11:52 AM

I'm just a newbie here! Grin
and I would like to know which is better to invest money in mining hardware or to btc stocks? Huh

I agree with other posts, buying Bitcoin is likely better than mining it.

Cloud mining is not profitable. It simply isn't. It will likely take you more than a year to ROI (if at all) and by then you could have made much more by trading.

Mining from home is only profitable if you have cheap power. Mine is 18 cents per kwh during peak and 8 cents per kwh during off-peak, it's not profitable for me to run a machine at home to mine Bitcoin. However, you can mine other cryptocurrencies too. The altcoin announcement section has all the information for those. If you are an early adopter of a coin that does well down the road then you will likely make more profit than if you just invested in Bitcoin by itself. That said, mining hardware for BTC can be profitable if you rent it to people on Nicehash or Miningrigrentals. I think the standard is to receive about 60% from mining and then resell the hardware, but I could be wrong.

My regret is with not buying BTC while it was cheap. Or mining it long before it became valuable. Now? Mining seems to only be available if you have a big farm. Try it out, rent a rig from Miningrigrentals or Nicehash and point it at any popular BTC pool. See how much you lose/make. This will give you an idea of what that machine would make if you owned it. Keep in mind that the difficulty is constantly increasing as more miners join the network, which progressively makes it harder to profit off of current technology.

Mining altcoins can be profitable, I mine at home with my Nvidea 1050 and iirc it cost me around 200 dollars. I have already made that back off of GPU mining, it's been like 3 or 4 months and for most of that time I wasn't active or mining. It might have been longer, but definitely wasn't mining then.

Another way to make money is by investing in ICOs. However, profit is kind of rare because of all the scams and bad development teams out there.

Like with anything, the more BTC you have the easier it is to make more.

Good luck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:16:13 PM

I'm just a newbie here! Grin
and I would like to know which is better to invest money in mining hardware or to btc stocks? Huh

I agree with other posts, buying Bitcoin is likely better than mining it.

Cloud mining is not profitable. It simply isn't. It will likely take you more than a year to ROI (if at all) and by then you could have made much more by trading.

Mining from home is only profitable if you have cheap power. Mine is 18 cents per kwh during peak and 8 cents per kwh during off-peak, it's not profitable for me to run a machine at home to mine Bitcoin. However, you can mine other cryptocurrencies too. The altcoin announcement section has all the information for those. If you are an early adopter of a coin that does well down the road then you will likely make more profit than if you just invested in Bitcoin by itself. That said, mining hardware for BTC can be profitable if you rent it to people on Nicehash or Miningrigrentals. I think the standard is to receive about 60% from mining and then resell the hardware, but I could be wrong.

My regret is with not buying BTC while it was cheap. Or mining it long before it became valuable. Now? Mining seems to only be available if you have a big farm. Try it out, rent a rig from Miningrigrentals or Nicehash and point it at any popular BTC pool. See how much you lose/make. This will give you an idea of what that machine would make if you owned it. Keep in mind that the difficulty is constantly increasing as more miners join the network, which progressively makes it harder to profit off of current technology.

Mining altcoins can be profitable, I mine at home with my Nvidea 1050 and iirc it cost me around 200 dollars. I have already made that back off of GPU mining, it's been like 3 or 4 months and for most of that time I wasn't active or mining. It might have been longer, but definitely wasn't mining then.

Another way to make money is by investing in ICOs. However, profit is kind of rare because of all the scams and bad development teams out there.

Like with anything, the more BTC you have the easier it is to make more.

Good luck.

Yeah, I'd suggest you to get into alt-coin mining. I was mining alt-coins a few years back (dogecoin mainly) and actually I've made a profit even with my shitty computer but if you have some more money to invest, I'd suggest you invest some money in alt-coin mining and head over to the coinwarz and see what would be  the most profitable for you.

recently I've been thinking of returning to mining some low diff alt-coins just for the fun of it. :p

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: