News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 5977 times)
Westin Landon Cox

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

Get your filthy fiat off me you damn dirty state.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 09:03:08 PM

Your claim that he thought coinbase and bitpay constituted enough hash power to trigger the XT fork is laughable on its face.

You should reread my post more carefully. I never said that. Which makes me doubt the sincerity of your confusion.

Hearn clearly said that he intended to subvert all of China by using checkpoints. He also said he would subvert all SPV wallets using the same methods. This would of course affect anyone not using his version of the software. You must not grasp what he outlines here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB9goUDBAR0

I never claimed he could be successful, I was attempting to explain his intention per a user's request.

Hey, I'm the guy who made that youtube video using interview excerpts of Hearn on Epicenter Bitcoin in mid-2015. Thanks to everyone who linked to it and helped expose Hearn's willingness to "ignore the longest chain" using "checkpoint blocks." I'm glad Hearn's the problem of bankers and not bitcoiners now.

Great work! You might actually be THE person that saved Bitcoin from the banks! Kiss

To everyone: you're welcome.   Cool

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptogames

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Have fun and get paid for it!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 09:18:50 PM

Time will tell. Hearn is a big guy in the clique but it's still a lot of people involved.

SamusNi

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:45:16 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1329377
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 04:55:13 AM

Your claim that he thought coinbase and bitpay constituted enough hash power to trigger the XT fork is laughable on its face.

You should reread my post more carefully. I never said that.

What's this then?

Mike thought all he needed was banker-owned Coinbase (and perhaps Bitpay) to support his "bitcoin frankenstein" and the fork would proceed.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:10:26 AM

What's this then?

Mike thought all he needed was banker-owned Coinbase (and perhaps Bitpay) to support his "bitcoin frankenstein" and the fork would proceed.

~~

What you don't seem to grasp is how he was going to bypass hashpower with checkpoints. You really need to get up-to-speed with what he's saying in this clip. I think you might be the only user here that doesn't understand what Mike had planned?

Here, try this one more time: >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB9goUDBAR0

~~

Yeah, thats Mike's "rule by authority" philosophy rearing its ugly head. 
That's why "everyone" hates Mike and XT...but that doesn't mean
he was wrong to try to increase blocksize and push for mainchain scaling.
Sadly, he's less harmful than those that are trying to do the opposite.

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:15:30 AM

What's this then?

~~

What you don't seem to grasp is how he was going to bypass hashpower with checkpoints. You really need to get up-to-speed with what he's saying in this clip. I think you might be the only user here that doesn't understand what Mike had planned?

Here, try this one more time: >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB9goUDBAR0

~~

Bait & switch much? Try what one more time? He's laying out a scenario where two different communities has different ideas at what constitutes the valid chain. In no way does this achieve your stated scenario whereby Coinbase and perhaps Bitpay are enough to totally overturn consensus.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:43:02 AM

who is coinbase or bitpay? Smiley

the chinesses will dictate the market.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 02:31:56 AM

Bait & switch much? Try what one more time? He's laying out a scenario where two different communities has different ideas at what constitutes the valid chain. In no way does this achieve your stated scenario whereby Coinbase and perhaps Bitpay are enough to totally overturn consensus.

But there aren't two communities? What he's laying out is a scheme whereby one group plans to subvert the wishes/desires of another group.

He even went further by stating that, "if the Chinese don't like it, they should make their own Altcoin." What a guy!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:40:43 AM

who is coinbase or bitpay? Smiley

the chinesses will dictate the market.

they do not have big merchants that can do business abroad, so in that regard they are bonded with their users base only

and no the miners alone can not dictate anything, you need merchants also, to move bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: