Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:16:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is just the beginning of the end.  (Read 1683 times)
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 10:33:10 AM

I see a lot of people suggesting it's a good time to buy.

How about everyone just takes a walk instead? No need to risk anything. Just get away from the computer sit next to the river and relax.
It's good to buy comparing with the last week price, but the are higher chance that the price will go down even more, even though today the price has been increased a little bit ($9)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:43:46 AM

Let the price fall even harder. It's not a problem as I can make profits no matter what. I love this volatility. Nothing is going to end kwukduck, don't get happy just because the price came down significantly. Right now it is a great moment to start buying some Bitcoins for those who were waiting for sub $400 prices. Don't wait any longer and start buying!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:51:12 AM

Wow, so many doomsday threads going on here.  I say that this is just a dip--a big one, but a dip nonetheless and I believe we'll rebound soon.  I could be totally wrong, we could be going to zero but I don't think so.

It's a downward spiral. Already 30% of miners have shutdown their operation over this crash. Making the network significantly weaker and slower yet again.

Bitcoins scalability problem doesn't go away with 'oh it will be fine, the price will recover'. Besides an unfounded position it's also a selfish one not considering the potential of Bitcoin for this entire world. There is serious work that needs to be done for Bitcoin to survive.

Bullshit.... Smiley

Sure.. when you run out of arguments or evidence, just call bullshit.
Hash power is down to 693 mln ghash/'s from 909mln ghash/s

are you joking, gigahash? when the network is approaching 1 exa LOL, this must be the purest troll ever

that amount is utterly insignificant, it won't change a damn thing, it's like a very big farm, is shutting down 1 single s7 out of thousands

network is still around 800 peta total, no sign of dropping...

You're right, the mining power has recovered a bit. Question is for how long, with the price continuing to plummet I feel the only thing that can save is from this downward spiral is an upgrade to Bitcoin Core resolving the biggest issue at hand, the enormous backlog of unconfirmed transactions and scaling problem.

pretty easy to calculate, miner are profiting 0.6 a month for every single antminer S7, i suspect all the farm are running those already

this baby consume only $45 a month, with the electricity that the average farm use(0.05), so we are comparing a earning of almost $240 versus a consumption of a mere $45

no matter the additional cost, there is plenty of profit for them
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:41:17 AM

end? not the price of $300 have occurred and rose again, I think it will also be temporary, if you believe with bitcoin, you must know that it is time to buy bitcoin  Cheesy
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:51:09 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 12:48:34 AM by uki

-25% in 48 hours. No investment other than bitcoin will get rid of your money this fast!

With Mike Hearns revelation to the public the collapse has only started.
In the coming weeks more dirt will be revealed and the price can easily go down another 50-75%.
Remember Mikes blog is only now starting to gain attention. This is a small thing compared to what's coming.
Mike's blog is a must read for everyone interested in Bitcoin: https://medium.com/@octskyward/
It is also quite clear for people who knew him and read his blog earlier than two days ago (the famous post) that he has already been quite negative about Bitcoin for a longer time. that is why, his last post is not that surprising and shouldn't have that much impact.
Plus, the core of the idea behind Bitcoin is to be decentralised, meaning it can leave well without Mr. Hearn, as well as with him.

this space is intentionally left blank
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:55:52 AM

This is not the beginning of the end, it is the end of the beginning, bitches.
Then the halvening....

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:28:56 AM

Im new for speculation but i think the price is just like on the other year ago and just a bitcoin nature that the price will up and down
And i dont believe that bitcoin will end or dead because we also use it as money online some company out there..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:47:19 AM

There seem to be signs of a rebound now.
Waiting for the price to cross $400 again.  Grin
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:53:19 AM

no it's the beginning of 2016 bitcoin growth. which will be even better than ever. get on the train while the tickets are still cheap.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:38:12 AM

Wow, so many doomsday threads going on here.  I say that this is just a dip--a big one, but a dip nonetheless and I believe we'll rebound soon.  I could be totally wrong, we could be going to zero but I don't think so.

It's a downward spiral. Already 30% of miners have shutdown their operation over this crash. Making the network significantly weaker and slower yet again.

Bitcoins scalability problem doesn't go away with 'oh it will be fine, the price will recover'. Besides an unfounded position it's also a selfish one not considering the potential of Bitcoin for this entire world. There is serious work that needs to be done for Bitcoin to survive.

Chinise exchange has developed 100 interational quality nodes,Chinise are taking care of btc becouse thay are making money with  btc,thay don tcare of Harne etc,becouse thay know that westerness are idiots who are only able to fight each other,thay will pump and sell to idiots on high level

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 07:41:51 AM

end? not the price of $300 have occurred and rose again, I think it will also be temporary, if you believe with bitcoin, you must know that it is time to buy bitcoin  Cheesy
No its not the beginning of end. Only few months for the end for this crisis an soon you will good for holding your bitcoins as the value is gonna increase gradually.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:14:45 PM

There seem to be signs of a rebound now.
Waiting for the price to cross $400 again.  Grin
It should happen soon. Not that there are big reasons to grow further, but at the moment we are in the no-man's land with quite a lot of good support underneath.
We just positively tested the support between $400 and $350 for the third consecutive time, and now we should rebound a little. I wouldn't expect a big move, but if you are a daily trader you may ride this wave.

this space is intentionally left blank
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 10:17:43 PM

This seems to be the end of the beginning.
Which the miners chosen their side. it's making sense who've won.
I think Mike Hearn should have tried harder instead of crying like a baby selling his coins.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: