Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS: Datacenter in Central WA  (Read 2862 times)
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:32:36 PM

None of what we are talking about is even approved by the board yet. So there isn't anything to look up. It is nothing more than a proposal, but I told you all of what I know and got from the PUDs.

It is a proposal to be voted on in March.  The place will be available in March.

EDIT:  Would you hate to sign your name on something, only to find out a few weeks later you will not get 3 cents per kWh?

Again, I'm NOT trying to be difficult.  I only want to KNOW what I'm getting into without something hanging over my head.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
scyth3 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:41:17 PM

None of what we are talking about is even approved by the board yet. So there isn't anything to look up. It is nothing more than a proposal, but I told you all of what I know and got from the PUDs.

It is a proposal to be voted on in March.  The place will be available in March.

EDIT:  Would you hate to sign your name on something, only to find out a few weeks later you will not get 3 cents per kWh?

Again, I'm NOT trying to be difficult.  I only want to KNOW what I'm getting into without something hanging over my head.

Anyone interested can wait until March if they want.
bitwitt

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:25:54 AM

The article says the following:

The moratorium was later refined to only “high-density” applicants WHO'S BUSINESS WOULD USE 250 kilowatt hours of electricity per square foot of space per year, but less than 5 average megawatts overall. Users of more than 5 megawatts need a power contract with the PUD.

Since it says, "WHO'S BUSINESS WOULD USE" instead of "WHO'S BUILDING WOULD USE," I would have to be cautious.  I need to find out more from the PUD before signing my name on the dotted line.  Can you tell me what PUD it is?  Is this Chelan or Douglas?

They use the square footage indicated in public records from my conversations with Chelan PUD on previous projects. If there are any objections then the burden of proof is on the customer. They do not come in to perform inspections on your property related to the square footage.

Like I told you in PM, I prefer not to say where it is located until I have a background and credit check.

Why should I bother with giving my personal information if the burden of proof is on the customer?  I'm the customer.  I would hate to drive over 2,500 miles with my belongings and rigs in tow only to find out I will not pay 3 cents per kWh but a little over 5 cents per kWh instead.  I can get 4.5 cents per kWh in Texas.

Would you mind finding a post by the PUD stipulating the moratorium is applied to the entire space of a building even though it is divided into multiple units?

We are paying you a "finders fee" of $1,000.  Will you, "The Finder" provide this information to us please?

I'm not trying to be difficult.  I just think it's important to know.

You need to STOP posting crap. You just post crap to be posting. you need to STFU. You are a fake and Richard head.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:28:22 AM

You need to STOP posting crap. You just post crap to be posting. you need to STFU. You are a fake and Richard head.

And you are now officially on "ignore" status.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
bitwitt

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:31:19 AM

What I'm about to point out is NOT to create an argument.  It's not to put anyone in a negative light.  I'm simply creating discussion in the forum to make sure all members of the bitcoin mining community are protected and KNOW what they are possibly getting into.  I too am interested in the place.  

HOWEVER, BEFORE COMMITTING TO THIS LOCATION, ONE MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:

This is the most important paragraph of the following article:  http://www.govtech.com/dc/articles/High-Capacity-Data-Centers-Blindsided-by-Increase-in-Utilities-Charges.html

Urged by staff, commissioners agreed in December 2014 to impose a moratorium on all new applications for large amounts of power — 1 average megawatt or more — to give staff time to study how to handle a potential spike in demand. The moratorium was later refined to only “high-density” applicants whose businesses would use 250 kilowatt hours of electricity per square foot of space per year, but less than 5 average megawatts overall. Users of more than 5 megawatts need a power contract with the PUD.

Now here is the math:

400 Amp service in the location.  If one uses 80% of the 400 amps to be safe, this would be 320 amps.

320 Amps x 240 Volts = 76,800 Watts OR 76.8 kW

Your demand would be 76.8 kW per hour x 730 hours in a month = 56,064 kWh in a month (730 hours)

56,064 kWh x 12 months in a year = 672,768 kWH

Now, the paragraph wants us to divide the 672,768 kWh in a year by the square feet of the location.  The square feet of the location is 1,000 feet.

672,768 kWh divided by 1,000 square feet = 672.768 kWh per square foot in a year.  THIS IS MORE THAN THE 250 kWh OF ELECTRICITY ALLOWED.

Again, this was NOT to create an argument.  I'm not trying to become enemies with anyone.  I'm simply trying to create discussion to determine if it is worth it or not.

I'm actually interested in the place and I have requested an application to fill out.  However, I'm not following through if I find out it is in Chelan County.  It is sounding more and more like Chelan County may have to be avoided like the plague.

Best Regards,

David

EDIT:  I think, for starters, we need to know the location or at least the county it is in.

You are a fake. I think your wife now knows what a fake you are.  You ran your family business into the ground.
bitwitt

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:32:41 AM

You are a fake and full of crap.
bitwitt

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:38:51 AM

And you are now officially on "ignore" status.

Your Father was a very good man. How the heck did you F@#$Ck everything up so bad.
scyth3 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:40:30 AM

Guys, please take that somewhere else.
bitwitt

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:54:32 AM

Guys, please take that somewhere else.

This NEEDs to be here. The idiot will fill 10 pages of BS questions then never do anything. Look back at his 4000 posts.
He is very lonely and found Bitcoin 18 months ago. Will ask many questions and never do anything.

He is a FAKE.

mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 03:39:09 AM

I would like more information
scyth3 (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:40:21 AM

I would like more information

PM me with the questions you have.
bitwitt

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 02:37:20 AM

Told you this guy was a Blow hard! He just lost most of his Bitcoins playing poker. He is one of the WORST poker players I have seen. Plus he left his wife and young son home as he gambles away his wife 401k.
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 03:12:59 AM

Told you this guy was a Blow hard! He just lost most of his Bitcoins playing poker. He is one of the WORST poker players I have seen. Plus he left his wife and young son home as he gambles away his wife 401k.
We don't care about someone's personal life since it has no importance to the post. 
I do applaud people who ask the difficult and relevant questions.
scyth3 (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 01:48:55 AM

Bump
scyth3 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:46:58 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 07:59:34 AM by scyth3

Bump, got a different data center for sale. Updated info in OP
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:03:34 PM

where in central washington?

I'm in chelan county if anyone needs someone on the ground here.

To re-iterate on the power costs here, they just bump your delivery fee up a little if you pass the 250w/sq foot limit. It's still cheaper than anywhere else.

Ideally you obtain a very large building for cheap which allows for large power usage.

This is the PUD website here: https://www.chelanpud.org/

It's currently 5am, give them a call in a couple hours if you have specific questions regarding their power costs.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: