Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:46:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp block access from Russian IP  (Read 1611 times)
Kn_os (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:35:56 AM

3th day i can't login to Bitstamp, could see only block by security reason.
Finnaly today i got an answer from Bitstamp:

Dear .....,

Bitstamp has been informed that the Russian government is prohibiting access to Bitstamp's website for all of our Russian customers. We deeply regret this inconvenience, and will attempt to resolve this situation as soon as possible.

All Bitstamp accounts remain safe and secure.

We have not been officially notified of the reason for this action, which we view as unjustified. We are not aware of any misuse of our services involving any Russian customer. Bitstamp poses no threat to the security of Russia or its economy. Bitstamp is a recognized leader in operating a safe, fully compliant exchange. We are attempting to contact officials in Russia to determine why they have taken this unfortunate action.

We invite Bitstamp customers - and especially our Russian customers - to let us know if you learn anything more about this action, or have specific questions. We do not know much, but we will let you know what we learn, as we learn it.

Please contact us at support@bitstamp.net

We suspect that the ban is related to legislation pending in the Duma of the Russian Federation. For more background, see: http://www.coindesk.com/bill-bitcoin-ban-russian-legislature/
The proposed legislation would broadly ban the domestic use of BTC, and appears to criminalize use of an international exchange such as Bitstamp.

To ensure compliance with the new regulatory regime, protect affiliate service providers, and most importantly - protect our valued customers in Russia - Bitstamp has decided to temporarily block access to its website from Russian IP addresses until we can assess the situation with more clarity.

Again, we regret this inconvenience, but we do not want to expose anyone to possible fines or criminal sanctions by the Russian state.

Best regards,
Bitstamp team

Dear Bitstamp, what a f%%%??

Access to site in Russia can be blocked only by court and there are list of restricted sites, have time and check your site there
http://eais.rkn.gov.ru/
Your site have unlimited access.

Stop reading "yellow press", there are no laws in Russia which forbit customers of using crypto.
Nobody in "goverment" never ever heard about bitstamp and do not bother about this site.
Some troll wrote you a mail and you just blocked access to exchange for users during whole btc dump. Thank you for screwing my trades, damn it :|
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 08:41:55 AM

You can access Bitstamp easily by using a VPN outside of Russia. I would actually recommend you to use a VPN for such things.

But you can't deny Russia is doing Internet censorship, I think it's very true.
Kn_os (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:46:27 AM

There are no "censorship" from Russia side. Half year ago several sites like bitcoin.org were blocked yes, but even btc-e.com woun't blocked, not talking about bistamp who even haven't btc/rur pair.
khalized

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:15:36 PM

in the meanwhile they are a private company and should accept how they prefer...
probably free vpn ( as hola chrome extension) could be best approach...
But also you can create a "virtual" machine on AWS amazon Wink
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 10:53:02 PM

There are no "censorship" from Russia side. Half year ago several sites like bitcoin.org were blocked yes, but even btc-e.com woun't blocked, not talking about bistamp who even haven't btc/rur pair.

If I remember well, there is. People started converting ruble to Bitcoin and Russia issued a ban in 2014. A quick google search from your part should confirm it.
Kn_os (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:30:17 PM

in the meanwhile they are a private company and should accept how they prefer...

VPN helped me to buy btc on all money and withdraw it from bitstamp, but it wouldn't help from blocking accounts when this "bright" idea will come to them mind, all accounts are verified and they know our resident.
khalized

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:35:54 PM

VPN helped me to buy btc on all money and withdraw it from bitstamp, but it wouldn't help from blocking accounts when this "bright" idea will come to them mind, all accounts are verified and they know our resident.

well this can be happened with a lot of business, from gambling to an exchange.
I think that you could at least withdraw your residual funds and / or try to exchange last batch of money... for a temporary limit...
I know what means, in my country there was a strong restriction against betting and poker, some users loss "strong" account with high benefit Sad
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:36:32 AM

Use other exchanger. It's simple. Go with your business to a place where you are welcome.
Bitstamp is arrogant like any other hipster Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: