Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:41:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy problems - How to make sure that Cryptsy doesn't gain out of it  (Read 1109 times)
placebo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:12:39 PM

Hi All,

I would suggest that ALL coins would make a version 2. Why? Cryptsy is holding a lot of small coins, KARMA, LOT, MOON, LEAF, ....

maybe they have a supply of 80% of all the outstanding coins, so we should all make KARMA2, LOT2, MOON2, LEAF2,... type of coins and swap the coins that aren't on cryptsy.

This will mean Cryptsy wouldn't be able to dump their coins on other markets and make another few millions and it can give the current owners of those coins maybe some money back if they were able to withdraw at least a few coins...
Sir_Astral

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:13:43 PM

Shitsy-lagsy is dead? Nice.
fauceteer

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 06:32:43 PM

That's also my main concern since I mostly have altcoins on cryptsy. BigVern now has the possibility of doing major dumps on other exchanges, bringing down the value  of all our precious alts.

🔥 PICKAXE.ONLINE 🔥
frank2

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:07:43 PM

Hi All,

I would suggest that ALL coins would make a version 2. Why? Cryptsy is holding a lot of small coins, KARMA, LOT, MOON, LEAF, ....

maybe they have a supply of 80% of all the outstanding coins, so we should all make KARMA2, LOT2, MOON2, LEAF2,... type of coins and swap the coins that aren't on cryptsy.

This will mean Cryptsy wouldn't be able to dump their coins on other markets and make another few millions and it can give the current owners of those coins maybe some money back if they were able to withdraw at least a few coins...

very very interesting idea

as far as understand this idea : make exchange karma > karma2 and so on for small coins

but how to exclude cryptsy wallets from exchange

for most small coins only small part of cryptsy wallets known, a minority

some wallets can suspect as owned by cryptsy, but no clear proof
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:13:37 PM

Ya, lets make more shitcoins!
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:15:24 PM

What about people who have coins on an exchange? Your basically only compensating people who didn't hold coins on an exchange, but anyone who had their coins stored on Cryptsy wouldn't get any coins in V2.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:26:43 PM

What about people who have coins on an exchange? Your basically only compensating people who didn't hold coins on an exchange, but anyone who had their coins stored on Cryptsy wouldn't get any coins in V2.

The problem is:

Cryptsy is down, so who knows how much coins you have... the best idea would be that everybody could take a screenshot for their stake, but with a exchange down.... in fact i already suggested that weeks ago on the KARM and MOON thread to make a new coin because everybody knew that there were big problems with withdraws... There isn't any perfect solution... only that cryptsy is back and is 100% ôperational, then there is no need for doing this type of actions, but now... do you want to continue trading other coins when you know that Cryptsy will be able to dump their stake on Bittrex, C-CEX, and other exchanges...

It is just the idea to protect the existing exchanges to get dump by Cryptsy people. Lets face it , the story that Big Vern came up to was really bullshit.

Why did they remove the fees on trading? To get more BTCs so that they can steal more....

Why not report the problem or close trading when they notice the problem? i'm pretty sure that i would notice when suddenly 50 BTC is gone from my wallet.... there should be enough security programs to check that else you cannot run a exchange.

For me it is clear. Big Vern stole $5M and use on of his private bitcoin addresses and come up with a silly story, do we really want this guy to dump other coins on the market too?

Why is trading stopped now, we should at least be able to withdraw other coins that doesn't have problems.... i can give you one simple reason, because they want to dump those coins on other exchanges.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:57:44 PM

I think it's a bad idea. It comes with a huge amount of hassle and cryptsy can also claim v2 coins while people not following closely their coins would not.

Forking coins to ban presumable cryptsy adressess is also a bad idea and not 100% accurate.

I think the best course of action is not to do anything other than learning not to hold a huge amount of coins (percentage of total supply wise) on a single exchange.

At the end of the day it's an issue of user created centralization and not to defend cryptsy but it's not their fault.

Not your keys, not your coins!
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:07:37 PM

I think it's a bad idea. It comes with a huge amount of hassle and cryptsy can also claim v2 coins while people not following closely their coins would not.

Forking coins to ban presumable cryptsy adressess is also a bad idea and not 100% accurate.

I think the best course of action is not to do anything other than learning not to hold a huge amount of coins (percentage of total supply wise) on a single exchange.

At the end of the day it's an issue of user created centralization and not to defend cryptsy but it's not their fault.

it is their fault that they 'so-called' lost $5M... i still don't believe that cryptsy story... are they not doing any code reviews, etc, then you easily see when something is messy... Big Vern just make himself $5M richer and now blame someone else. Unbelievable.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 04:48:55 PM

it is their fault that they 'so-called' lost $5M... i still don't believe that cryptsy story... are they not doing any code reviews, etc, then you easily see when something is messy... Big Vern just make himself $5M richer and now blame someone else. Unbelievable.

Yes, it's their fault that they "lost" $5M but it's the users fault collectively for trusting them.

Not your keys, not your coins!
www.www

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:41:27 AM

Another side. Craptsy left a large number of PoS coins. Goes offline for a long time and the subsequent inclusion implies the possibility of an attack on the rest of the network. Inaction seems impossible and causes the death of a coin.
What is the way out. V2 or hope for bankruptcy and the subsequent return of the coins to the users. Hope can be so misleading.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: