Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:04:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: After the poor behavior by Blockstream/Core in their attempted takeover of Bitcoin, will people....
A) After a successful Classic Fork - people will FORGIVE Blockstream/Core - 3 (13%)
B) After a successful Classic Fork - people will BOYCOTT anything having to do with Blockstream/Core - 3 (13%)
C) After a successful Classic Fork - people will REMAIN ANGRY A LONG TIME with Blockstream/Core and forgiveness will be slow to come - 2 (8.7%)
D) After a successful Classic Fork - people will have fun mocking and shaming Blockstream/Core participants and supporters, but will then quickly move on, because most people aren't as childish as the Small-Blockstreamers Smiley - 15 (65.2%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: How will Blockstream/Core Be Remembered?  (Read 2415 times)
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:48:46 AM

If you don't like this poll consider voting in my poll Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1330664.0

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
keepdoing (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:54:19 AM

And so it starts, as we count down the days to the Bitcoin Classic Hard Fork....

Blockstream/Core supporters are spewing :::  FUD.  Bitterness.   Denial.   Sabotage.

But with broad consensus and support on all sides, it is apparent that Classic will prevail, and soon this legacy of Blockstream/Core will be over
, their little attempted takeover of Bitcoin ended.  I wonder how they will be remembered and treated afterwards.  Personally I say let some other team introduce sidechains if they are to be supported.  Its just code.  Somebody else will rise up and do a proper sidechain - without trying to cripple bitcoin in the process.

But what do you think?  How do you think they should be treated?  Vote in the poll.

www.BitcoinClassic.com  <<<Get On Board And Ride the Wave To New Highs Baby!!!

The above is worth repeating. 
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:54:23 AM

Your poll is based upon the delusional false premise of Classiccoin fork being a success. Also it implies that Bitcoin will ever scale to global levels without Lightning Network which is impossible (without datacenters as nodes which is the death of Bitcoin). You need a lot of reading to do before you want to play.
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:56:40 AM

keepdoing, I'm still waiting for your explanation on why Bitcoin Classic is so good. If you fail to explain it here, this will prove that you're just a paid puppet, like proposed in this poll Wink !
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:59:29 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 04:50:28 PM by grue

Your poll is based upon the delusional false premise of Classiccoin fork being a success. Also it implies that Bitcoin will ever scale to global levels without Lightning Network which is impossible (without datacenters as nodes which is the death of Bitcoin). You need a lot of reading to do before you want to play.
Actually, I am but a simple and humble mathematician.  Approximately 75% of Miners supporting Classic = CLASSIC!  Yayyyy!

inline signature removed
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:01:54 AM

Unfortunately, there's a poll choice missing:

E) The R3 classic altcoin follows XT out the door.

That's a possibilty, but with all the big players following it, it may not be the case. By the way, why are you saying "The R3 classic altcoin" instead of Bitcoin Classic. I can understand the term of altcoin, but why R3 ? I've seen it a few times before but I never undertsood his usage. Can you enlight me please ? Also, he'll never add such an option. You can't be more pro-Bitcoin Classic than him.

Mike Hearn now (or maybe always did) works for/with R3, a big bank consortium that would like to see bitcoin crumble. "classic" is likely their latest attempt to do this. They will keep trying.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 02:02:09 AM

And so it starts, as we count down the days to the Bitcoin Classic Hard Fork....

Blockstream/Core supporters are spewing :::  FUD.  Bitterness.   Denial.   Sabotage.

But with broad consensus and support on all sides, it is apparent that Classic will prevail, and soon this legacy of Blockstream/Core will be over
, their little attempted takeover of Bitcoin ended.  I wonder how they will be remembered and treated afterwards.  Personally I say let some other team introduce sidechains if they are to be supported.  Its just code.  Somebody else will rise up and do a proper sidechain - without trying to cripple bitcoin in the process.

But what do you think?  How do you think they should be treated?  Vote in the poll.

www.BitcoinClassic.com  <<<Get On Board And Ride the Wave To New Highs Baby!!!

It seems you don't care about bitcoin.  Stop this nonsense.  Think.

If classic is deployed, it will fracture bitcoin community, you can bet your coins the value will drop drastically. Network will split which might create multiple flavours of "bitcoin".

Where do people get this idea, core is bad, classic is good. Miners might shoot themselves in the foot by selecting classic.  Bitcoin price will collapse and people will not touch it for a very long time.  People will walk away.  Mining worthless coins will not continue for long.

Instead they should follow core roadmap, IMHO.

Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:06:59 AM

Actually, I am but a simple and humble mathematician.  Approximately 75% of Miners supporting Classic = CLASSIC!  Yayyyy!

www.BitcoinClassic.com <Come Ride the Wave Higher With US!

So just because theorically around 75% of the miners support Bitcoin Classic you say that it is the best thing ever ? Also, can you prove that there is 75% of the miners that support it ? I don't think so.

That's a possibilty, but with all the big players following it, it may not be the case. By the way, why are you saying "The R3 classic altcoin" instead of Bitcoin Classic. I can understand the term of altcoin, but why R3 ? I've seen it a few times before but I never undertsood his usage. Can you enlight me please ? Also, he'll never add such an option. You can't be more pro-Bitcoin Classic than him.

Mike Hearn now (or maybe always did) works for/with R3, a big bank consortium that would like to see bitcoin crumble. "classic" is likely their latest attempt to do this. They will keep trying.

So why a consortium that wants to kill Bitcoin would have created a fork dedicated to the profit ? I don't see their interest to fork Bitcoin if their aim is to destroy it.
orpington

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:08:26 AM

Actually. not true. The term used by at least one miner pool was "welcome" not "support". Different.

As soon as miners understand this "classic" thing is not viable(soon), they'll switch to a real bitcoin pool(Core).
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:09:23 AM

INCOMING!  INCOMING!  ....................SPLAAAAAAAT!

eewwwwwww, that FUD is ugly!  Yucky, smelly FUD.  icky!
orpington

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:11:26 AM

So just because theorically around 75% of the miners support Bitcoin Classic you say that it is the best thing ever ? Also, can you prove that there is 75% of the miners that support it ? I don't think so.

So why a consortium that wants to kill Bitcoin would have created a fork dedicated to the profit ? I don't see their interest to fork Bitcoin if their aim is to destroy it.

The hard fork itself could destroy it.
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:12:31 AM

Actually, I am but a simple and humble mathematician.  Approximately 75% of Miners supporting Classic = CLASSIC!  Yayyyy!

So you mean that a big part of the Bitcoin companies, biggest pools and developpers are just dumb ? Why would they support something that will kill all their profit ? Also, if the 75% majority wants Bitcoin Classic, won't it be a softfork ?

Until you'll be able to publicly prove why Bitcoin Classic is a good thing for users, not for big companies, the only one who will be spreading nonsense will be you !
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:18:03 AM

Until you'll be able to publicly prove why Bitcoin Classic is a good thing for users, not for big companies, the only one who will be spreading nonsense will be you !

Aaaaiiiigghhhhh!  Lookout!  ....................SPLAAAAAAAT!

Gross!  More FUD!   Don't touch it!  You'll get it on your hands and it is hard to wash off!
orpington

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:18:23 AM

Whatever. I think classic is the real FUD, though. There are many people that do not want bitcoin to succeed. They disguise themselves and are good at infiltration. They want to crack bitcoin before the halving. They are everywhere and often where you least expect them.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:20:53 AM

How's that Poll Coming?  Have you voted yet?  What do the results look like? 

Awwww. you blockstream guyz!  You guuuyzzz!  Making so many friends! 
orpington

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:22:12 AM

Actually, I am but a simple and humble mathematician.  Approximately 75% of Miners supporting Classic = CLASSIC!  Yayyyy!

So you mean that a big part of the Bitcoin companies, biggest pools and developpers are just dumb ? Why would they support something that will kill all their profit ? Also, if the 75% majority wants Bitcoin Classic, won't it be a softfork ?

Any fork could pose a problem for bitcoin.
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:24:50 AM

Any fork could pose a problem for bitcoin.

Would the problem come from the ethical side or the technical one ? A fork never happened yet, after 7 years of existance ? Why do the developpers don't stop to secede again and again these times ?
Cuidler

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:33:07 AM

From BitcoinClassic website:

In the future we will continue to release updates that are in line with Satoshi’s whitepaper & vision, and are agreed upon by the community.

I did not come to Bitcoin to just use off-chain transactions, which is the goal of Bitcoin Core developers. Bitcoin Classic is reasonable and will increase onchain capacity only to the size so regular home PC will be ok to run full nodes, thus no wories of loosing decentralization.

Also Gavin is known to make code simple so no way the code become unnecesary complicated for future developers.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:35:04 AM

Would the problem come from the ethical side or the technical one ? A fork never happened yet, after 7 years of existance ? Why do the developpers don't stop to secede again and again these times ?
Problem!  What Problem!?  Oh My GOD THERE IS A PROBLEM!

Dangit!  I just stepped in more FUD!  Crap, this stuff is everywhere  Undecided
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:38:36 AM

From BitcoinClassic website:

In the future we will continue to release updates that are in line with Satoshi’s whitepaper & vision, and are agreed upon by the community.

I did not come to Bitcoin to just use off-chain transactions, which is the goal of Bitcoin Core developers. Bitcoin Classic is reasonable and will increase onchain capacity only to the size so regular home PC will be ok to run full nodes, thus no wories of loosing decentralization.

Also Gavin is known to make code simple so no way the code become unnecesary complicated for future developers.

Whoa!  This guys is wicked smart!  You guys should be careful.  Me, I am just a circus clown - but this guy.... This Guy Is Making Some Serious Sense!  Let's see if we can repeat this....

Go Cuidler!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: