I would like to hear from anyone sitting on the sidelines waiting to buy $50,000 USD or more with Bitcoins, but who is hesitant to send their money to an exchange - or anybody really - out of fear that their money will somehow get stolen.
I would like to try out an escrow scheme I've come up with. The essence of it would be as follows:
1. You give me 10% of the actual USD amount of bitcoins you want to buy.
2. I find seller(s) for the bitcoins at the price you're after.
3. I serve as "escrow agent" using a crypto-based escrow tool. The tool makes it so you and the seller can generate a bitcoin address that nobody can collect from unless someone releases the escrow. You and the seller can release the escrow without my help, but if neither of you release, then I can force-release it to either you or the seller (all-or-nothing). The design of the tool prevents me from ever having access to take the coins myself.
4. Once confirmed the bitcoins are in escrow, you pay the seller the remaining 90% via bank wire
5. The seller releases the escrow.
6. I release the 10% minus a commission of $1000 + 1%.
Meanwhile, you can change or cancel your order up until the moment someone has committed to it by sending their bitcoins, and you'll get a full refund minus a $200 change/cancellation fee.
As part of my services, I'll provide two-factor physical/paper bitcoin storage that is guaranteed in writing to be 100% secure from cybertheft.
If you do PGP, my key is at https://casascius.com/pgp.txt