Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:24:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem Bitcoin core  (Read 3208 times)
Delta_Force (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 10:42:48 AM

I'm using Windows 10 to run the core with no problems (that's quite an admission froma guy who hates Microsoft products). I've removed as much as I can of the bloatware that came with the computer, and I've disable .net, cloud services, and cortana. Cortana is difficult to disable, and I can tell you how I did it if you need the info. I'm using an HP core i5 notebook with 2 TB of hard disk, and that seems more than adequate. I'm also running over public WiFi, and that isn't a problem. Some service providers restrict access to ports such as 6333, and obviously I can't use them. I took out all of the anti-virus software, and installed the free version of AVG, and that is working well.

It's running on windows 7 now, had the original driver cdrom. So far so good for now..
iefken

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Live by your own rules

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 10:51:12 AM

Tomorrow I will try to downgrade to Windows 7 or 8, hope that solves the problem.

Good luck. Microsoft has put some pretty good measures in place to prevent people from downgrading (or installing other OSs period) on Windows 10 computers. You shouldn't have too many problems if you upgraded to Windows 10, but if your computer was bought with 10 pre-installed, your gonna have a hell of a time getting anything installed. I know because I tried to do the same with an Acer laptop I bought. Didn't end well. Definitely use 7 instead of 8, its a far more stable and usable OS.
Haven't tried with windows 10 but I found downgrading from 8 to 7 a small kind of hell aswell... damn uefi boot mode
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 11:04:24 AM

It's the Cortana and the cloud stuff in Windows 10 that got me worried. I didn't investigate fully because the original idea was to replace Windows with Ubuntu. It's cheaper to buy a Windows machine loaded with rubbish, than to buy a clean machine for the installation. My understanding is that Windows will upload your wallet and the blockchain into its cloud storage, and that seems to be a massive waste of resources as well as a security risk.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Delta_Force (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:25:27 PM

Running on a clean, new set windows 7. Windows defender off, no other security programs.
No other programs are running, just bitcoin core.

STILL THE SAME PROBLEM!
Hash72

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:31:01 PM

why should not you try Linux distribution like (Ubuntu or OPENSUSE ) it is safer and Synchronize well
windows is widely distributed but many dangerous , problems you will face on a daily use. Thanks

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 12:33:24 PM

why should not you try Linux distribution like (Ubuntu or OPENSUSE ) it is safer and Synchronize well
windows is widely distributed but many dangerous , problems you will face on a daily use. Thanks

I have run a full node on a window 7 box for over 2 years now. This is not a common Windows issue. Changing the OS might not be a solution. Keep in mind they just switched from Win 10 to 7.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 03:54:43 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 04:09:07 PM by Jet Cash

OK - here are some thoughts.

You've got a hard disk problem, not likely if you have installed a new version of windows, and it is stopping in the same place. It might be worth running some disk testing software though.

You've got a virus or a trojan. Run some decent detection software - maybe HiJack this.

You are trtying to download a corrupt blockchain - are you getting it from the official site?

Your ISP is capping or throttling you - not likely if you are varying your on-line behaviour, and it's always the same place.

You've got some sort of cloud backup service which is messing up transfers when it kicks in.

As you guys know, I'm not a Bitcoin expert, so these comments are based on basic computer knowledge rather than Bitcoin specify info.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 03:58:26 PM

Just a thought.

Is it a newish PC? If not, then it could be overheating as a result of accumulated dust. Blow out the heat sinks and fans with a suction cleaner if it looks as if they are clogged.

Hash72

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:30:46 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 07:21:48 PM by Hash72

I have run a full node on a window 7 box for over 2 years now. This is not a common Windows issue. Changing the OS might not be a solution. Keep in mind they just switched from Win 10 to 7.

OK Dear Thanks for the clarification . but from the beginning 2014 Jan up to now i found Linux operating system fix many problems that occurs to me specially in connection related things. so he can try my solution with another portable PC it might help . Good luck

Delta_Force (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:43:05 PM

Just a thought.

Is it a newish PC? If not, then it could be overheating as a result of accumulated dust. Blow out the heat sinks and fans with a suction cleaner if it looks as if they are clogged.

Almost 2 years old PC, with clean fans heatsinks etc.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 04:55:11 PM

It's not that then - you haven't had Jamie Dimon round for dinner have you?  Smiley

Delta_Force (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:56:59 PM

It's not that then - you haven't had Jamie Dimon round for dinner have you?  Smiley

haha nope..
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 10:10:32 PM

Tomorrow I will try to downgrade to Windows 7 or 8, hope that solves the problem.

Good luck. Microsoft has put some pretty good measures in place to prevent people from downgrading (or installing other OSs period) on Windows 10 computers. You shouldn't have too many problems if you upgraded to Windows 10, but if your computer was bought with 10 pre-installed, your gonna have a hell of a time getting anything installed. I know because I tried to do the same with an Acer laptop I bought. Didn't end well. Definitely use 7 instead of 8, its a far more stable and usable OS.

Unless he "cloned" his hard drive before.
Thus, creating a VHD backup on another drive, that he can then replace the drives and load back up his old OS.

I have been wanting to do this to try windows 10 too, but not sure if I should.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: