Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:44:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank You Senator Schumer!!! (an open letter)  (Read 2058 times)
hawks5999 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 04:04:32 AM

Dear Senator Schumer,

Thank you for speaking publicly about BitCoin. You have done more for the BitCoin market than any other media coverage or blog post could have possibly done. Thank you for driving up the value of BitCoin by over 50% in a matter of just a day or so.

If you have time, could you convince President Obama to declare "war" on BitCoin. As a holder of some BitCoin, I hope that the government will attack BitCoin with the same ferocity as your other wars, such as the war on Poverty and the war on Drugs.  The BitCoin market could really benefit from your efforts.

Thank you,

A BitCoinist

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
triforcelink

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 04:07:13 AM

Dear Senator Schumer,

Thank you for speaking publicly about BitCoin. You have done more for the BitCoin market than any other media coverage or blog post could have possibly done. Thank you for driving up the value of BitCoin by over 50% in a matter of just a day or so.

If you have time, could you convince President Obama to declare "war" on BitCoin. As a holder of some BitCoin, I hope that the government will attack BitCoin with the same ferocity as your other wars, such as the war on Poverty and the war on Drugs.  The BitCoin market could really benefit from your efforts.

Thank you,

A BitCoinist
HAHAHA they can't win, this is so amazing!

BookofNick

Activity: 315
Merit: 116

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 04:35:05 AM

[/quote]
[/quote]

Triforcelink: haven't I seen you on YouTube? Wink

You're right, they can't win. It's one thing to screw the music labels with bitorrent. It's quite another thing to screw the federal reserve with Bitcoin. This is so much bigger. So much more important. They will try and stop Bitcoin but they will fail.

Peace.

Anonymous

June 08, 2011, 04:43:27 AM

lol at trying to seize silk road markets domain considering it runs on tor . Cheesy

triforcelink

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 04:45:35 AM

[/quote]

Triforcelink: haven't I seen you on YouTube? Wink

You're right, they can't win. It's one thing to screw the music labels with bitorrent. It's quite another thing to screw the federal reserve with Bitcoin. This is so much bigger. So much more important. They will try and stop Bitcoin but they will fail.

Peace.
[/quote]

yes you have :p

we are witnessing a revolution before our very eyes!

MacFall

Activity: 84

Agorist

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 05:14:28 AM

"If the government had a war on abortion like its wars on drugs and poverty, within five years men would be having abortions."--Harry Browne (quoted from memory; may not be verbatim)

No king but Christ; no law but Liberty!

Fledge Press: Pro-Liberty Fiction and Art
1JBmYmG2U5ETj8BXZUBCXDKWCQcFoERBNP
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 05:37:58 AM

Press from him hasn't done anything yet. Anyone that bought coins recently had to have money in the works for a while now.
triforcelink

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 07:03:41 AM

Press from him hasn't done anything yet. Anyone that bought coins recently had to have money in the works for a while now.

I can attest to that, as its been taking me nearly a week now to verify my bank account with dwolla and to transfer my funds into it. I should have the money in there tomorrow sometime, and hopefully if im lucky i will finally be able to get some bitcoins within the following day.

arturh

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:51:43 PM

Buyers from this publicity will not be able to buy until the bank transfers are sorted out, so no, 50% increase was not because of his publicity.
JeanLucPicard

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 11:05:45 PM

They can't win because they know BitCoin is a God-send. The time was right and the technology is ready for a 'hard' digital currency, hard in the same sense as gold or paper bills (e.g. USD, EUR, GBP...).

Let's just pray that BitCoin's creators tested the crap out of it before letting it loose on us such that no cracks are showing in the heuristic driving BitCoin. That is what worries me more - cracks in the algorithm that can be broken by cryptoanalysts - although the way it is designed, it's a form of Aikido against the government, in the sense that it uses SHA-256 which is gov't endorsed Smiley....  It thrives on true and tested technology, which is awesome.

I promise you, if Bitcoin's legitimate use spreads across the world like wildfire - which it undoubtedly will as most people aren't LSD junkies, spouse-cheaters or criminals - it has the potential of replacing all world currencies and uniting the world. Yeah, I may be a dreamer... but you just watch.

For legitimate uses, it CANNOT be shut down - just remember that. BitCoin, in and of itself is not ILLEGAL, just as money in and of itself is not illegal - it is the desire of a person to use it toward a particular fitness or a purpose that will render the act of using it as illegal or legal.

BitCoin = the light of the world.

Ian Maxwell

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 12:01:10 AM

Strongly disagree. Bitcoin sellers are already raising their prices, and buyers with money on the exchanges are already willing to pay higher prices, because they all expect tens of millions of dollars to hit the market in the next few weeks.

By the time all that money actually makes it to Mt Gox, the market will already have adjusted. Up on the rumor, down on the news, baby.

Ian Maxwell
PGP key | WoT rating
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 12:16:21 AM

Awesome letter hawks!!! Smiley  add my name to the list of signatures.  Thank you schulmer.

lol at trying to seize silk road markets domain considering it runs on tor . Cheesy

Lolfest.   Really shows their ignorance.  When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like nails.  Id like to seem them try to shut down TOR.  Ironic, considering that TOR was initially funded by US Navy research money...

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
JeanLucPicard

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 12:29:35 AM

Lolfest.   Really shows their ignorance.  When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like nails.  Id like to seem them try to shut down TOR.  Ironic, considering that TOR was initially funded by US Navy research money...

So was SHA-256 (by the NSA, that is, US Government), the hashing function used by BitCoin..... uncracked as of yet, e.g. no collisions yet.
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 12:37:03 AM

Lolfest.   Really shows their ignorance.  When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like nails.  Id like to seem them try to shut down TOR.  Ironic, considering that TOR was initially funded by US Navy research money...

So was SHA-256 (by the NSA, that is, US Government), the hashing function used by BitCoin..... uncracked as of yet, e.g. no collisions yet.

And the internet Wink

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 12:41:50 AM

When the first drugs story broke I was like "Holy shit, this is getting real!!" and immediately started a transfer to dwalla.com. The transfer completed last night. I bought a bunch of coins (my first) at 21.8.
JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 12:44:07 AM

Yeah, he really screwed the DEA and DOJ. Every day the Silk Road remains up is a bigger embarrassment to them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: