Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:29:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 199 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VAL] Validity - Decentralized Identities, Custom Assets, Elections, and More!  (Read 579105 times)
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 12:09:50 PM

Awesome, thanks!

I am trying to unlock my wallet and see that I need a pass phrase.

As I cannot find my pass phrase anywhere, how can I proceed? I saved the .dat file of my wallet. Is there any way to recover the pass phrase?

It's the password you set... Only you can recover it.
Don't you remember or write down the password?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:13:44 PM

Awesome, thanks!

I am trying to unlock my wallet and see that I need a pass phrase.

As I cannot find my pass phrase anywhere, how can I proceed? I saved the .dat file of my wallet. Is there any way to recover the pass phrase?

It's the password you set... Only you can recover it.
Don't you remember or write down the password?

Ah thanks!

I got confused by the word "pass phrase" and thought it is one of the long combination of words.

Indeed, I managed to unlock it now! Smiley

Kallopz

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:15:34 PM

Radium is currently priced in at a $330,000 USD marketcap.

2.6M coins at 0.0003 BTC each. A currency that works parallel to a data layer which provides decentralized and advanced services on the blockchain- constantly being improved and further developed. Why is this coin so undervalued? I have said it many times- not enough exposure. The meagre amount of individuals that are thoroughly aware of what Radium does is relatively in the 2-figures (less than 100 people).

The price fluctuations experienced today and previous times is just an example of what a relatively small amount of BitCoins can do to the price- which can be caused by anyone.

The price of Radium has grown exponentially since its inception early last year. This exponential growth was caused by more and more people knowing about Radium and what it is capable of. And that number of individuals is still extremely low. What happens when a few dozen more people hear about Radium's SmartChain technology? We would then probably see another wave in price movement as those individuals secured positions on the market.

Radium is in a fledgling state on the market. It is Factom before the Chinese investors bought in. It is EmerCoin before Microsoft endorsed it. It is Ethereum before people realized how undervalued it was. What will be the spark that drives Radium to the top 25? Perhaps a simple Poloniex addition?

Some food for thought.

Take care,
Adam
Radium PR

AHAHAHAHAH ANOTHER BAGHOLDER!!!!!

Dump that shit.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 12:19:00 PM

2.6M coins at 0.0003 BTC each. A currency that works parallel to a data layer which provides decentralized and advanced services on the blockchain- constantly being improved and further developed. Why is this coin so undervalued? I have said it many times- not enough exposure. The meagre amount of individuals that are thoroughly aware of what Radium does is relatively in the 2-figures (less than 100 people).

The price fluctuations experienced today and previous times is just an example of what a relatively small amount of BitCoins can do to the price- which can be caused by anyone.

The price of Radium has grown exponentially since its inception early last year. This exponential growth was caused by more and more people knowing about Radium and what it is capable of. And that number of individuals is still extremely low. What happens when a few dozen more people hear about Radium's SmartChain technology? We would then probably see another wave in price movement as those individuals secured positions on the market.

Radium is in a fledgling state on the market. It is Factom before the Chinese investors bought in. It is EmerCoin before Microsoft endorsed it. It is Ethereum before people realized how undervalued it was. What will be the spark that drives Radium to the top 25? Perhaps a simple Poloniex addition?

Some food for thought.

Take care,
Adam
Radium PR

Dump that shit.

The effort of creating a new account just to post this  Grin
m4nki

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:38:09 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 12:59:07 PM by m4nki

When I am doing a transaction of 2 RADS to one of my addresses, I receive the following message:

What is meant by the "size limit" and why is a transaction of just 2 RADS above the size limit (I guess then any transaction is)?

From the user experience POV, receiving this message feels like something is going wrong with my transaction. If I would instead receive a shorter message just about the fee that is being taken from the transaction (e.g. "Your transaction is almost finished. Please confirm the fee of 0.0001 RADS to process your transaction." "Yes" "No"), I would feel much more comfortable.

I as a user would feel more comfortable that way, as it then feels like an obligatory thing more than a mistake I am doing because I did not respect some size limit.

Now as I unlocked my wallet and am ready to stake for PoS, the wallet leaves me with 0 information on my current status in that regard.
It would be nice if there were a counter that would show me automatically the result of the calculation that JJ12880 gave here:

The estimate of time it takes to stake provided by the wallet is an estimate, and is not always correct. The time it takes to stake depends on how many coins you have, and how many coins other people have staking.  The current network stake weight is 1,000,454.  This means that your chance of staking a block each day is about (150/1,000,454) * 1440, or around 20%. That is about 1 block every five days. If you wanted to stake faster, you would need to get some more Radium (RADS).  This is how most all Proof-Of-Stake coins work, and it is not unique to Radium.

I hope that helps!

JJ

As JJ12880 mentions that the wallet already provides this information, I assume it is still not easy to find or I am just blind.

Where exactly in the wallet do I find this information?

Thank you so much! Smiley

EDIT:

Another question: How can I create a Radium paper wallet (where do I find the private key to my addresses)? Is it even possible? As there is no feature in the wallet yet to swipe my private key, right?

NatureBoy

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:56:59 PM

Some food for thought.

Take care,
Adam
Radium PR

Dump that shit.

Worst. FUD. Ever. lol
JJ12880

Activity: 671
Merit: 501

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:25:44 PM

What is meant by the "size limit" and why is a transaction of just 2 RADS above the size limit (I guess then any transaction is)?

For some reason, the “size limit” warning is standard in pretty much every coin wallet. WHY, I’m not sure. Its’ not something to worry about, it just means you have to pay the network fee (tiny) to send a transaction.  Perhaps we will go take a look at the code and see if it can be changed to something that makes more sense.  Your feedback on the user experience is valuable, as many of us have been around coins and such for a long time, we no longer notice these things.

Now as I unlocked my wallet and am ready to stake for PoS, the wallet leaves me with 0 information on my current status in that regard.

After you unlock your wallet for staking, it can take a few minutes for it to “warm up” and start staking. You know your wallet is staking when the little lightning bolt at the bottom left corner turns white. If you hover your mouse over the lightning bolt, it will provide you with the network stake weight, your stake weight, and estimated time to find a block.  You are not blind, it’s not in a very intuitive place.

Another question: How can I create a Radium paper wallet (where do I find the private key to my addresses)?

Currently, we do not have a dedicated service for creating a paper wallet.  I would suggest using a flash drive to back up your wallet.dat, and then putting that drive in a fire safe or other safe place.  I use several flash drives for my backups, and they are all locked in various places.  You can get your private keys using the “dumprivkey” command in the debug console, but I prefer not to use it because it exposes your private keys.

Let me know if you have any more Q's!

JJ

Radium  Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain!
BTC Thread | Telegram
m4nki

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:59:21 PM

Awesome, got it. Thanks a lot!

kampretkabur

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:02:45 PM

what is smartchain? n what is it used for?
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:08:06 PM

Hi!  The short answer is that the SmartChain is a separate client that provides all the advanced functions of Radium. There is lots of info about it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1322856.0

Let me know if you have any other questions!

JJ

BTC Thread | Telegram
kampretkabur

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:20:18 PM

Hi!  The short answer is that the SmartChain is a separate client that provides all the advanced functions of Radium. There is lots of info about it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1322856.0

Let me know if you have any other questions!

JJ
looks nice, thanks
justtryme90

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:19:56 PM

wow that price spike.
just wanted to go sleep then saw someone bought radium up alot.

I know, I have no idea what caused it. China coming back from new-year perhaps?

What caused it is this. Some "whales" have taken notice of this coin, and the effort you are putting in on a daily basis to develop it. In the past 24 hours the top "wallet" on bittrex has increased from 52K RADS to ~91K RADS. That is not an insignificant mount of BTC to be putting into a coin, especially when considering it is just one person.

The market can see legitimate Devs. Ones who are actually putting in effort and producing useful results. Many large holders can also see when a project would be of interest to a lot of people before they even know it (specifically because people just don't know about it). You have been quietly working on this project out of purely a passion for coding, guess what happens to people who are making a great product purely because of passion for it? They get rewarded. You aren't out to get rich (obviously) so its likely if you continue on your current path you just might end up that way anyway.

My advice to others on this coin, get it now before the large holders corner the market and make you pay much more for something that you already know will be useful to many many people.
m4nki

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:29:09 PM

Initial Proof of Work Supply (Done): Apprx. 1 Million
Hard Supply Limit: 9 Million
Practical Supply Limit: Less than 3 Million

I didn't realize the amount of coins is so low.
Looking at the amount of coins, the potential of the coin and the enthusiastic team behind it, this coin is heavily undervalued.

What is the difference between "Hard Supply Limit" and "Practical Supply Limit"?

zmija

Activity: 676

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:30:30 PM

wow that price spike.

What caused it is this. Some "whales" have taken notice of this coin, and the effort you are putting in on a daily basis to develop it. In the past 24 hours the top "wallet" on bittrex has increased from 52K RADS to ~91K RADS. That is not an insignificant mount of BTC to be putting into a coin, especially when considering it is just one person.

The market can see legitimate Devs. Ones who are actually putting in effort and producing useful results. Many large holders can also see when a project would be of interest to a lot of people before they even know it (specifically because people just don't know about it). You have been quietly working on this project out of purely a passion for coding, guess what happens to people who are making a great product purely because of passion for it? They get rewarded. You aren't out to get rich (obviously) so its likely if you continue on your current path you just might end up that way anyway.

My advice to others on this coin, get it now before the large holders corner the market and make you pay much more for something that you already know will be useful to many many people.
This looks like classic P&D story to me, it's like going through 2015 altcoin market again, only coins are changing.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
justtryme90

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:33:35 PM

wow that price spike.

This looks like classic P&D story to me, it's like going through 2015 altcoin market again, only coins are changing.

Could very well be one. The only difference is the coins being pumped in 2014-2015 really didn't bring anything unique to the table (different hashing algos, POS vs POW, community is interesting etc...). At least RADS has something new going on, and its closed source so people aren't going to be able to copy the functions easily.
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:53:53 PM

Have you looked at the the tech? Feel free to try it out and verify that it works. Smiley

BTC Thread | Telegram
zmija

Activity: 676

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 06:03:23 PM

Have you looked at the the tech? Feel free to try it out and verify that it works. Smiley
Don't get me wrong i don't have anything against RADS and it's tech, it's just that weird feeling i have when price is going up with light speed for no particular reason, that whales (or P&D group) could be behind the price spike, but could be wrong and ppl r buying this coin because of it's tech.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
justtryme90

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 06:07:16 PM

Don't get me wrong i don't have anything against RADS and it's tech, it's just that weird feeling i have when price is going up with light speed for no particular reason, that whales (or P&D group) could be behind the price spike, but could be wrong and ppl r buying this coin because of it's tech.

The rise is certainly whales in this case. Last night 70 BTC was bought all at one time. 200K RADS purchased at the same moment.
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 06:13:01 PM

Oh trust me, i understand Smiley this whole "alts are back" thing is a bit strange. the spike was a 207k market buy, that I have NO idea why it occurred. I was caught off guard by it. I'm the largest skeptic there is so no hard feelings Smiley

JJ

BTC Thread | Telegram
mitchr4
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1017

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 06:36:17 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 06:56:08 PM by mitchr4

Haven't been around much on this site, I bought based on what I read in the ANN. Dev looks sound. If it is a pNd its going to be a massive one, because of the low coin count, the way the coin is built with no inflation, the way it favors holders, and the way factom pumped a few weeks back.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 199 »
  Print  

Jump to: