Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:51:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 199 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VAL] Validity - Decentralized Identities, Custom Assets, Elections, and More!  (Read 579105 times)
aqris
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:09:10 PM

Fixed withdrawal! Cool
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:55:30 AM

So I'm interested in investing. I hear RADS is a great staking coin. Anyone know ballpark how many RADS I'd get each week if I staked 2,650 coins?
tm2013

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 03:05:19 AM

Fixed withdrawal! Cool

Glad to hear! If anyone else has issues with Yobit, please let us know. We will do our best to fix the situation.

So I'm interested in investing. I hear RADS is a great staking coin. Anyone know ballpark how many RADS I'd get each week if I staked 2,650 coins?

At current difficulties, you could generate around 3-4 coins per day.

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
idolacchacked

Activity: 598

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 07:42:00 PM

Fixed withdrawal! Cool

Glad to hear! If anyone else has issues with Yobit, please let us know. We will do our best to fix the situation.

I buy FTC and sell Rads Factom is king !

did you make new account just for this post?  Grin Grin Grin
JJ12880

Activity: 671
Merit: 501

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 01:03:15 PM

Im working on updating the seed nodes this AM, so syncing may be a little slow for the next few hours. This only applies to those launching a a new wallet and syncing from scratch.

JJ

Radium  Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain!
BTC Thread | Telegram
tm2013

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 02:36:54 PM

I am pleased to announce that our new main website is live at projectradium.org!
Some other updates include:
 - Our Slack registration link has its own dedicated URL, slack.projectradium.org
 - We now have a public Trello board for public development documentation in place of a roadmap. It will be populated with information over the coming days.

These updates and more will be covered in Project Radium Update #9.

Best regards,
-Tim Mesker

Website | BTCT Thread
qgmurugan007

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 06:12:47 PM

I am pleased to announce that our new main website is live at projectradium.org!
Some other updates include:
 - Our Slack registration link has its own dedicated URL, slack.projectradium.org
 - We now have a public Trello board for public development documentation in place of a roadmap. It will be populated with information over the coming days.

These updates and more will be covered in Project Radium Update #9.

Best regards,
-Tim Mesker
oho have until now half sold the other I keep beautiful new Website !  Grin
I am waiting for the next crash with BTC increase to buy back in  Wink
aqris
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:21:09 PM

Did you guys experienced this too? Yesterday I can withdraw my RADS from Yobit to Poloniex with no issue, but the last one I tried to withdraw 53 of RADS from Yobit to Poloniex again, it was gone and never receive it to my Poloniex RADS wallet. Even it says in Yobit that the transaction is completed. Any help how can i recover my 53 RADS?

You are the second person in a few days to have issues withdrawing from Yobit. At this point, I would avoid Yobit until someone gets an explanation from their support.
Is there any news from Yobit?
I have pending there finding coins with inscription "Transfer from cold storage" from 5 July, support is not responding. You have tried to contact them?

Fixed withdrawal! Cool

I have sad news again, with 10 July can't get coins in my wallet
"Transfer from cold storage"

JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 01:35:45 AM

I have contacted Yobit several times, and the last thing I was told was that they had fixed the wallet. I will contact them again. At this point, I have to recommend that:

PLEASE DO NOT USE YOBIT

For trading Radium due to multiple reports of failing withdraws.

BTC Thread | Telegram
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 01:36:40 AM

What is your yobit username or a txid I can send to yobit to get it fixed?

JJ

BTC Thread | Telegram
Alexthesalamander

Activity: 326

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 12:37:00 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2016, 12:49:42 PM by Alexthesalamander

What is your yobit username or a txid I can send to yobit to get it fixed?

JJ

Edit: Thanks, yes lets hope they get it fixed asap!! Smiley

Buy high and sell low
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 12:45:11 PM

I forwarded that info to yobit. Lets hope they fix it.

JJ

BTC Thread | Telegram
aqris
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 12:59:20 PM

Thank you. I hope the problem will be solved in the near future.
Alexthesalamander

Activity: 326

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 03:00:39 PM

JJ

Solved! Coins recieved Smiley

Buy high and sell low
Pickleninja

Activity: 242

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:46:34 PM

hi Pickle!

You have some good ideas, that are not stupid at all. It is my understanding that an authors name, the date, and other metadata can be included in most current picture formats. The system you describe with the serial numbers is very similar to the file hashing system used by Radium SmartChain. Every file, be it a picture, word document, etc produces a unique fingerprint, or hash, which is for all purposes works just like a serial number. It is 100% possible to add hidden data, such as a serial number to a picture, but it may not be necessary when a unique fingerprint/hash can be derived from the file itself. When a file is verified through the SmartChain, the finger print that is unique to that file is forever linked to the username that creates the verification, and the date and time is proven by the date and time of the block in which the transaction exists.

To answer the first part of your question, proof of ownership, ie who made a picture first, is one of the core goals of SmartChain.

The network of nodes that scours the internet for copies, however would be more difficult. Such a system could be circumvented by simply removing the metadata, serial number, etc from the file so that the bots looking for copies would not identify it as a copy. If the bots were to look for a unique finger print instead, the system could be tricked by simply changing one innocuous pixel so that the resulting picture looked exactly the same to a human, but had a different fingerprint.  It may be more advantageous to use a google reverse image search, which through some google-magic finds pictures that are similar, but not necessarily exactly the same. A second issue would be that such bots would require a pretty hefty amount of processing power, that I would guess (I didn't actually run any numbers) would make it cost prohibitive.

So in short, it is a great idea, that is pretty much in line with the goals of Radium SmartChain, but I can see some difficulty with implementation. HOWEVER, it does provide the original author with mathematically sound cryptographic proof that they were the original uploaded, which would otherwise be nearly impossible to obtain.

I hope that wasn't too much of an answer Cheesy

JJ     

Thanks for the insightful answer!

I knew that other types of information are stored inside various images, some including geographic location and I figured implementation would be a beast Smiley

Thanks for taking the time to answer my post Cheesy

-Pickle
aqris
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 08:24:51 PM

JJ
It's just the magic of some sort! Coins received by Cheesy
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 01:06:25 AM

Great!  Im glad I was able to help Cheesy

JJ

BTC Thread | Telegram
idolacchacked

Activity: 598

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 02:21:22 PM

good to see jj and tm working hard

whats in line for the next release? i don't mean date...

you don't have to give details Wink

tm2013

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 02:20:02 AM

good to see jj and tm working hard

whats in line for the next release? i don't mean date...

you don't have to give details Wink

Alaniz and I have been working on completing the new version of SmartChain Verify. More and more progress is made every day.

The URL will be here on launch: http://www.verify.software/

Website | BTCT Thread
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 05:12:08 PM

Radium Protocol Change Proposal

Hello Friends,

Over the past few weeks, I have had an idea running around in my head about some possible changes that i think will be beneficial to Radium and Rads. I have put a good bit of thought and testing into it, and I am now sure that it is feasible; however I want to get some community feedback. Please stick with me, as this has ended up being a rather long post.

For the sake of this discussion, a “Smart Transaction” refers to any smartchain actions that write data into the blockchain. Example operations include creating an account, recording a file fingerprint/hash, or placing text in the blockchain. Actions such as reading text notes, or verifying a file with One Click Verify are read-only and do not require writing to the blockchain and are not “Smart Transactions”. Additionally “SmartChain” will be referred to as “SC”.

Over a year ago, when I was designing the original SC protocol, I decided that we would need to charge a fee for immortalizing data in the blockchain, and that that fee should be returned to the radium holders as a bonus coins, in addition to the standard block reward. At that time, the simple way of accomplishing this was to require high-fee transactions for smart transactions, causing the fees to be awarded to whoever staked the next block. The problem with this system however is that the bonus coins would be awarded all in one lump, and the individual chance of receiving a bonus would be low.
In an attempt to spread the fees out more evenly and make the system more fair, I developed the Radon asset, and Slow Decay. This is the current model, and it requires a person to send several high-fee transactions over a period of time using the Slow Decay process. In return for these high-fee transactions in which the user is charged Radium, they are rewarded with Radon is then used use to perform Smart Transactions. This system does successfully spread out the fees and increased the fairness of the system, however it was not without issue.

The biggest difficulty with the current Radon-Decay system is that it is complicated and not user friendly. The user must plan ahead, initiate the Slow Decay process, and then wait to accumulate enough Radon to perform whatever Smart Transaction(s) they may want to perform. Additionally, it only does a mediocre job at spreading out the bonuses among the stakers. A second issue is that the Radon-Decay system causes some degree of bloat. The repeated high-fee transactions required to generate Radon accumulate, and will eventually have a measurable impact on the size of the blockchain. Thirdly, and most important to me, the Radon-Decay code is complicated and difficult to maintain correctly. It introduces several places where coding errors could occur, and it also significantly increases the time required to sync the SC. Having considered all the above (and lots of additional coding nuances i won’t bore you with) I have come up with the following solution;

Eliminate the Radon-Decay system, and replace it with a new wallet based solution where all transactions fees are paid out over over a span of 1440 blocks.

Let me explain. Currently, if someone was to perform a transaction with a fee of 1 RAD, the person who staked that block would be rewarded with the standard 1 RAD block reward, AND the 1 RAD transaction fee, for a total of 2 RADS for the one block. Under the proposed system, the usual 1 RAD would be awarded for the block, but the 1 RAD fee would be evenly divided among the next 1440 blocks. This means, that EVERYONE who stakes a block in the 24 hours after a high fee transaction, would receive a bonus. In the case above, instead of one lucky person receiving a block worth 2 RADs and everyone else only getting 1 RADS, all the blocks in the next 24 hours would be worth 1 + (bonus/1440) rads.

This system solves MANY problems. First, it gets rid of the complicated Radon-Decay system, and allows users to perform Smart Transactions like account creation and various Proof-Of-Existance nearly instantly. There will be no more waiting for Radium to decay to Radon, and no more confusion between the two. I think that this will eliminate a huge barrier to acceptance that Radium has faced. Second, the original idea of rewarding those who are staking coins is not only maintained but improved. The staking rewards will be more even and more fair than before. Even those who are only taking small amounts of coins have a reasonable chance of receiving a bonus. Third, the bonus rewards will be visible on the block explorer, allowing potential investors to see the bonuses on the blockchain in real time. Forth: it will reduce blockchain bloat in the long run. Fifth: It will make my life a lot easier, not needing to update and maintain the Radium-Decay code, giving me more time to spend on developing new technology to incorporate into Radium. It opens the door for web based integrations, and perhaps even a fully functional web based SmartChain interface that could function without a local wallet.

Under the new system, All a new user would need to do is buy some Radium off the exchange, fill out the registration form, and click register, and accept the fee in Radium. Quick, clean, simple, and easy.

And now for the potential issues. First, in order to implement the above system, we will have to make changes to the core wallet code. This will require another hard fork. While the risk of any significant issues are very low, performing a hard fork takes a lot of planning and time. Second, the code to distribute the transaction fees across many blocks is brand new (to the best of my knowledge) and there is no existing code base to look to for guidance. While we have been successfully testing this new code on the test net, and would never fork until we have tested everything we could possible test on testnet, the possibility of bugs still exists. I would also have to offer a Radon buyback, to replace the Radon people generated through decay.

If you are still reading, and I have not put you to sleep or worse, i applaud your perseverance. I am specifically looking for feedback, suggestions, and criticisms to this proposal. If i was not clear on any of the above points, and a point needs expanded, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Stop by our Slack channel for a chat, or leave a message here.

Looking forward to your insight,

JJ12880

Slack https://projectradon.slack.com
Slack Invite https://projectradon-slack.herokuapp.com/

BTC Thread | Telegram
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 199 »
  Print  

Jump to: