Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:29:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a sin to gamble?  (Read 31134 times)
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 09:28:46 AM

Yes, in my religion gambling is a sin. Because when you win, you can become addicted to gambling. And you'll do anything to get money to gamble when you're broke. Such as stealing, robbing and others. It was very dangerous, so my religion forbids gambling. There are many more reasons why my religion forbids gambling.

That is certainly true, and I think you are a muslim or a Muslim. Indeed, islam is a religion that is very wonderful, islam also give some restrictions for any of the things we do because islam is a religion that directly descend from the revelation of God. So every thing is forbidden to have a very negative impact for us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 07:50:59 PM

The answer to this question would depend on what religion do you belong. I belong to Christianity and there's nothing about gambling that was mentioned in the 10 commandments. I haven't read the Bible so I don't know if it was mentioned somewhere there. Anyway, the society has accepted gambling and it seems like a normal thing now. I don't think that the majority of people are considering that gambling is a sin.

I would say that gambling is really a sin. Even though it is not indicated in the 10 commandments. But if you are going to read the new testament it is written that the love of money is the root of all evil. And gambling leads to greediness. And if you are greedy there is no other thing which is important for you but only money. And if money is the only important thing to you then you are loving money, so in conclusion that leads to sin.
yeah to be honest it is a sin first of all because you want to get easy money without any efforts that is not yours, i think it is always a sin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 12:25:15 PM

Gambling itself is not a sin, for me that once who play this game will make a sin if they have  a dirty moves when they play. It is really depend on a person who is playing but for me gambling itself is not a sin. It is always your choice to gamble.

It depends on your personal religious beliefs are religious, if you follow the teachings of truth (Islam), gambling is something sin and it will make you into someone who is a big loss. Islam forbids gambling because it is islam knows bad impact of gambling and that's all we can see of them are addicted in gambling. Therefore Sin or not it depends on the Religion you trust
A religious person might tell that it is a sin, but in reality as long as you are not harming anyone and doing it for fun it is just a simple way to have some risk in your life without it affecting your life too much as well as others life. But if gambling affects others life or even gambler's own life, then it must be a sin only. No more doubts.

People have different perspective on what is gambling either  on religious or personal aspect.  As you said  as long  there no one being harmed  or even yourself as a gambler  i think there would be no problem and you must  not put yourself into trouble when playing. Doing gambling is only a sin when you risk all of your money,family and yourself.
True, it will become bad if there are some people affected around you. So if you think that you are starting being harsh to your family stay away immediately and I am sure you will make it if you really love your family and you think that you're doings are not good then stop before you blame yourself in the end.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 12:35:35 PM

Yes very bad thing gambling so now that you know how bad it is and it's a really serious sin.
You should stop it now to avoid going to hell, lol

Isis lines up hundreds of innocent people like women and children and kills them all, in such a world I doubt it if gambling while no harm done by doing it be a sin.

🖤😏
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 12:50:32 PM

Gambling itself is not a sin, for me that once who play this game will make a sin if they have  a dirty moves when they play. It is really depend on a person who is playing but for me gambling itself is not a sin. It is always your choice to gamble.

It depends on your personal religious beliefs are religious, if you follow the teachings of truth (Islam), gambling is something sin and it will make you into someone who is a big loss. Islam forbids gambling because it is islam knows bad impact of gambling and that's all we can see of them are addicted in gambling. Therefore Sin or not it depends on the Religion you trust
A religious person might tell that it is a sin, but in reality as long as you are not harming anyone and doing it for fun it is just a simple way to have some risk in your life without it affecting your life too much as well as others life. But if gambling affects others life or even gambler's own life, then it must be a sin only. No more doubts.

People have different perspective on what is gambling either  on religious or personal aspect.  As you said  as long  there no one being harmed  or even yourself as a gambler  i think there would be no problem and you must  not put yourself into trouble when playing. Doing gambling is only a sin when you risk all of your money,family and yourself.
True, it will become bad if there are some people affected around you. So if you think that you are starting being harsh to your family stay away immediately and I am sure you will make it if you really love your family and you think that you're doings are not good then stop before you blame yourself in the end.
Yes, gambling will just become bad if the gambler are also bad and don't know how to handle their financial and just play without any plan or some of their family is getting affected. Always prioritize your family and not gambling.
randal9

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 06:30:08 AM

No really biblical texts that say gambling is a sin but implied when it talked about greed and love of money. In a legal sense, there are tons of gambling activities that can be considered against the law, not exactly sin, but you get the gist.
It's more of a social construct of why people view gambling as a sin even without biblical evidence. Maybe because of religion they were raised in or environment they lived in.
Gustavv

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 08:29:25 AM

i think yes, on my religion gambling is banned
all about gamble is sin although we only see it
but you know all things which is banned its so funny and so difficult to stay away from it
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 12:09:32 PM

but you know all things which is banned its so funny and so difficult to stay away from it
Well yeah now you've mentioned it, it would depend on whether a certain person's belief would allow him or her to gamble for it to be considered a sin. But for me personally, i don' t see anything wrong as long as it's done responsibly

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
arseaboy

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 12:26:13 PM

In my religion it's not a sin and it does not directly mention it or refer gambling for money. I think it would be a sin for some religion depending on what they belief. Gambling will totally be banned all over the world if this will be considered as a sin.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
aranachristianjay

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 11:39:55 AM

Is gambling OK? Don't bet it! There's not an easy or instantly obvious proof text answer to that question.

Gambling is not a sin as long as the money you used for it are not from illegal sources like scamming people.

It will only become a sin if you are so much into it and neglect the proper doings of a person to his self, and to people on his surroundings, always try to remember that gambling is only made for our entertainment, not for earning money or for being a slave of it.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 08:53:39 AM

It is not difficult to stay away if you are not yet addicted in gambling, those who are really addicted in gambling are the once who take some hard time to stay away in gambling.
rozee
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 11:07:11 AM

In my religion yes gambling is sin activity and its not allowed and banned
but i think thats rule is not affect to gamblers,  gambling is fun activities so they dont care about that rule
also law at my country is not allowed and gambler will be given a certain penalty
BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2058
Merit: 591

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 11:17:47 AM

In my religion it's not a sin and it does not directly mention it or refer gambling for money. I think it would be a sin for some religion depending on what they belief. Gambling will totally be banned all over the world if this will be considered as a sin.
Agreed, the reason why they called gambling is a sin is because those who people who lose and they will say it that gambling is a sin even the problem is those who people who lose, for me it's not a sin since gambling done nothing wrong, the wrong is if you lose so much then blame to the gambling.

Skarner21

Activity: 700

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 12:02:56 PM

Agreed, the reason why they called gambling is a sin is because those who people who lose and they will say it that gambling is a sin even the problem is those who people who lose, for me it's not a sin since gambling done nothing wrong, the wrong is if you lose so much then blame to the gambling.
I think this is not the reason why gambling is sin and i think that is why gambling is it is because of their religion.
If you are religious person you should not to gamble and treat it as your sin..

Make crypto as your bank.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 01:07:00 PM

In my religion yes gambling is sin activity and its not allowed and banned
but i think thats rule is not affect to gamblers,  gambling is fun activities so they dont care about that rule
also law at my country is not allowed and gambler will be given a certain penalty
They don't care that it's considered a sin in their religion because they also don't care about the religion. They know it's wrong and it's a sin in their belief but they still don't follow it. Do they really believe in their God? I think your government hasn't arrested somebody because of gambling yet that's why they don't care at the moment. But if the government starts arresting people that are involved in gambling activities, the population of gamblers in your country will surely decrease over time.

Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 01:11:27 PM

I think this is not the reason why gambling is sin and i think that is why gambling is it is because of their religion.

A sin that is set up in every religion embraced by everyone in the world. So if indeed we adhere to religious orders that gambling is unlawful or a sin then we as followers of the teaching must be willing to accept the fact. For all religions forbid it there must be some cause and to give the advantage to his followers. Never assume that something is prohibited it is just a thing to eliminate us to fun
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 01:20:35 PM

I agree, at least for religious reason, a gambler will think to have strong will to quit gambling.

I have seen many people who are not caring about their wealth and health but they are very much conscious about their religions. This kind of people definitely will stop gambling for religious reasons. I believe treating gambling as a sin must be a right approach.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 01:51:30 PM

In my own opinion, i think its really not about religion because I have seen people cut across religions involved in gambling and it just felt good to them. I think its more of your own personal thing and your personal definition of what is actually right or wrong because even in religion, every of injunction even still give room for choice of what we really believe in. So for me as a christian I could say gambling is right and for another person who is also a christian, gambling is wrong...
Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 02:20:35 PM

Yes, in my religion gambling is a sin. Because when you win, you can become addicted to gambling. And you'll do anything to get money to gamble when you're broke. Such as stealing, robbing and others. It was very dangerous, so my religion forbids gambling. There are many more reasons why my religion forbids gambling.
in some religion playing gambling is a sin, there is no doubt about this as in Islam gambling is a sin and in Islamic countries if some one is caught red handed playing gambling will be punish for that, and will be put in jail, but in some countries it is only banned for under 18 years of age, while the above can play gambling legally, in these countries there are proper casinos where people visit to play gambling and putting effort to make money.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 07:23:07 PM

in some religion playing gambling is a sin, there is no doubt about this as in Islam gambling is a sin and in Islamic countries if some one is caught red handed playing gambling will be punish for that, and will be put in jail, but in some countries it is only banned for under 18 years of age, while the above can play gambling legally, in these countries there are proper casinos where people visit to play gambling and putting effort to make money.
yes that is right to say that it depend on the religion faith and your country rules regulation and your country country policies which allow you are forbid you from playing gambling, if you are not following these rules and regulation then it is really sin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: