Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:02:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your ideas to solve problems in our world [serious, polite and varied]  (Read 465 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:45:03 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2016, 03:55:20 PM by m0gliE

Hello all!

So I wanted to create a more positive thread, something centered on the solutions and the ideas we can have. Most of the time threads in Politics & Society are rather creepy because they talk about actual problems we see everyday.

This thread is here to discuss and debate in a rather friendly manner about any solution about of a problem you can observe. Please follow the rules in order to make a constructive debate. And respect the "how to" in order to keep it easily readable.

This thread is self-moderated. Nothing will be censored as long as it respects the rules.

RULES

• Be polite. At least a bit. Small insults like "dumbass" or "stupid" will be tolerated as long as they conclude a long and logical argument in which you proved the stupidity (which means the incapacity to understand logic) of the person insulted.
  • Give your sources. It's useless to make a point without any source, unless it is clearly assumed. Which means you have the right to not give any source but you'll then need to explicitly say something like "as far as I know" or "if I'm not mistaken".
  • Nothing is out of the subject. It means that you can propose a solution for the omnipresence of the color green in your city if you think it's a real problem. Doesn't have to be philosophical stuff.
  • Nothing is taboo. Your solution can be something really horrible, as long as it's logical you can present it.
  • Your solution must not be something totally obvious. Like "let's erase humanity" yeah it's a solution for more or less everything but... you know...

HOW TO PRESENT YOUR SOLUTION

Begin with a short description of your problem preceded by its number. If it's the third problem presented in this thread then you have to write "#3blahblahblah"

The number will be used to debate your problem/solution. So people can easily refer to it.

Then expose your solution. Simple no?  Smiley

Please try to stay logical before anything else. Here is not the place for your personal beliefs unless they have a direct impact on the solution.

Have fun  Kiss

Nobody here is going to post ideas if they're going to get censored or deleted and if you go and delete this post it will only prove my point.

Thanks I was waiting for this. The point is not to delete or censor any idea, just useless or insulting posts. I don't want trolls or spammers in this thread that's all.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:52:27 PM

#1: How to replace our democratic system which is nothing near democratic.

Indeed, our democratic system is closer to an oligarchy than to a democracy. As a Harvard study points out, US government policies are closer to the preference of wealthy Americans than to the preferences of the people.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10769041/The-US-is-an-oligarchy-study-concludes.html
Though the study was only made in the USA, I'm pretty sure it's also a problem we encounter in every other developed country.

Solution:

I would propose a true democratic system. What does that mean? Well to give power to the people, which means people should decide both of their constitution and their laws.
How to do so? Rather easy with current technologies! Especially with BITCOIN!  Grin
Indeed, we could use blockchain technology to proceed to secure voting for each and every law proposal. The idea would be to use a petition system (like change.org) to propose ideas, and once an idea is backed by enough people (like 20% of the population) it goes through the government institution in order to create a law from this idea. Then the law is proposed in a referendum and voted from the home of each and every one through the blockchain.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:53:19 PM

In my opinion 99% of the world's problems can be solved, if the human population can be stabilized. Uncontrolled population explosion is the root cause behind most of the evils in the world, such as deforestation, warfare, land encroachment, illegal poaching, conflict over water resources.etc. If the population stops growing, then that will bring prosperity to everyone.
mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:06:04 PM

In my opinion 99% of the world's problems can be solved, if the human population can be stabilized. Uncontrolled population explosion is the root cause behind most of the evils in the world, such as deforestation, warfare, land encroachment, illegal poaching, conflict over water resources.etc. If the population stops growing, then that will bring prosperity to everyone.

Well I think the problem I raised (#1) is one of the few that is not concerned by the size of human population. No matter how many humans are on the planet, it's still a good question to ask how can they organize themselves?
Cause even if there is only 1 billion humans (so just a seventh of actual population) that would probably still be an oligarchy!  Smiley

iCeSaiah

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:36:57 PM

As a saying by napoleon bonaparte, "The world is in chaos not because of the violence of bad people, but also the silence of good people".

Some people are afraid to tell what they saw because they are afraid on what's gonna happen after.
Some people don't just care because its a waste of time to there business to go to courts and witness.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 12:58:50 AM

#1: How to make people happy paying taxes

The reason we are all here is Bitcoin and the blockchain idea. All united and yet we could barely agree on anything. It is the same when paying taxes. Trust is what makes us believe in a very powerful centralized government... or reject it totally. We either wish our or your money be used for a cause we love or we hate knowing our money goes to making bombs, for example. Using the blockchain instead of the IRS would create an amazing source of trust and direct participation of the citizen with their cash.

Lets say you wish you could have your taxes help fixing the road across your home a bit. Now you would. Create a project on the Wilikon Happy Pay app, have an estimate of the cost. BTC5000 to fix that road the WHP app tells you. You would not only know but follow your coins all the way to that first patch of asphalt. You would also know there would not be enough fund to start the project but people directly involved in your neighborhood would be able to directly participate locally, instead of praying the big, invisible IRS gods to give you a break, all from who knows where.

Let's say you love the military and bombs. The military would put an official wallet for that new top secret UFO looking plane that is maybe not a plane at all. Obviously you would not know what it will be, but you, the citizen will have a chance to participate in making this thing happening. That would be your choice to direct a part of your taxes to something you want to be funded, from you smart phone.

There would be little need for professional lobbyists to advance any personal pet projects. You would know what, how much and when your particular project would be delivered.

Any delay would be caused by a political bug.

We would own the transparent machine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuD1vzpYBfE

Cool

andromeda876

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 01:15:39 AM

if we can remove borders for all countries and we can give jop all people after good economic program ,
i think it will be solotion for our worlds problems.
salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:50:38 PM

Hello all!

So I wanted to create a more positive thread, something centered on the solutions and the ideas we can have. Most of the time threads in Politics & Society are rather creepy because they talk about actual problems we see everyday.

This thread is here to discuss and debate in a rather friendly manner about any solution about of a problem you can observe. Please follow the rules in order to make a constructive debate. And respect the "how to" in order to keep it easily readable.

This thread is self-moderated. Nothing will be censored as long as it respects the rules.

RULES

• Be polite. At least a bit. Small insults like "dumbass" or "stupid" will be tolerated as long as they conclude a long and logical argument in which you proved the stupidity (which means the incapacity to understand logic) of the person insulted.
  • Give your sources. It's useless to make a point without any source, unless it is clearly assumed. Which means you have the right to not give any source but you'll then need to explicitly say something like "as far as I know" or "if I'm not mistaken".
  • Nothing is out of the subject. It means that you can propose a solution for the omnipresence of the color green in your city if you think it's a real problem. Doesn't have to be philosophical stuff.
  • Nothing is taboo. Your solution can be something really horrible, as long as it's logical you can present it.
  • Your solution must not be something totally obvious. Like "let's erase humanity" yeah it's a solution for more or less everything but... you know...

HOW TO PRESENT YOUR SOLUTION

Begin with a short description of your problem preceded by its number. If it's the third problem presented in this thread then you have to write "#3blahblahblah"

The number will be used to debate your problem/solution. So people can easily refer to it.

Then expose your solution. Simple no?  Smiley

Please try to stay logical before anything else. Here is not the place for your personal beliefs unless they have a direct impact on the solution.

Have fun  Kiss

Nobody here is going to post ideas if they're going to get censored or deleted and if you go and delete this post it will only prove my point.

Thanks I was waiting for this. The point is not to delete or censor any idea, just useless or insulting posts. I don't want trolls or spammers in this thread that's all.  Wink

none of the problems wont be solved unless hunger and poverty will be destroyed..

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀