Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:29:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you agree to have restrictions on the right to leave your country in benefit of free high-quality education and healthcare?
Yes
No

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Human capital investments protection  (Read 369 times)
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:17:17 AM

It's obvious that investments in human capital (education & healthcare) are essential for every country to prosper. However, this type of investment probably is the most unprotected nowadays. In many countries (especially in Europe) education and healthcare are free of charge and funded through taxes, collected from entire population. But there is a catch - many people receive these goods for free, then leave home country, seeking higher salary in another place. For EU citizens its extremely easy (no need for a visa or work permit, just to buy an airplane ticket) and poorer countries suffer from this problem the most (e.g. Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Romania, Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal). Rich countries like Germany, UK and Sweden benefit from this situation receiving large crowd of educated, healthy, young people.

I guess that many people on this forum oppose any freedom restrictions, but let be honest - people who leave homeland for a higher salary right after receiving free higher education and having good health conditions thanks to free healthcare are leeches, who parasite on other taxpayers remaining in the country.

Proposed solution could be introducing exit visas (permits to leave the country) which will be issued only after a potential expat signs an agreement to repay all costs the state have spent on his education and healthcare or makes some achievement that significantly benefit the county (e.g. an important invention and donates patent to the state). This measure will significantly improve education and healthcare system's funding and make it more affordable and better quality.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 02:16:25 PM

It's obvious that investments in human capital (education & healthcare) are essential for every country to prosper. However, this type of investment probably is the most unprotected nowadays. In many countries (especially in Europe) education and healthcare are free of charge and funded through taxes, collected from entire population. But there is a catch - many people receive these goods for free, then leave home country, seeking higher salary in another place. For EU citizens its extremely easy (no need for a visa or work permit, just to buy an airplane ticket) and poorer countries suffer from this problem the most (e.g. Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Romania, Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal). Rich countries like Germany, UK and Sweden benefit from this situation receiving large crowd of educated, healthy, young people.

I guess that many people on this forum oppose any freedom restrictions, but let be honest - people who leave homeland for a higher salary right after receiving free higher education and having good health conditions thanks to free healthcare are leeches, who parasite on other taxpayers remaining in the country.

Proposed solution could be introducing exit visas (permits to leave the country) which will be issued only after a potential expat signs an agreement to repay all costs the state have spent on his education and healthcare or makes some achievement that significantly benefit the county (e.g. an important invention and donates patent to the state). This measure will significantly improve education and healthcare system's funding and make it more affordable and better quality.

I'm a hungarian living and working in the UK, therefore one of the above mentioned leeches Smiley.

You know after graduating on the university I was working for 17 years at home, I've paid my taxes, my pension and healthcare contributions (yes, for that "free healthcare" you have to pay 10% healthcare contribution). As kept learning a lot more, finally I've got a well above average salary what made me eligible for the honour of being a member of the "42% income tax" club. I've also started a small business as a second job and sold refurbished computers.

In the meantime when some burglars broke into my house the police officer told me that there are no chance to find my stolen stuff but he kindly gave me the addresses of some known resetters, so I was able to buy back some of my most needed stuff for half price. It was a real bargain. Isn't it? Then the government turned up with the idea of "expected tax" on small businesses, so they sent me a tax demand notice, made according to some statistics derived from some industry data, what ended my little enterprise fairly quickly. They also allowed the banks not to disclose some parts of an agreement, like that your loan actually not HUF, but CHF based, they are also allowed the banks to unilaterally modify a loan agreement (e.g. after paying off the loan for my wife's car the bank said I have to pay the same monthly payments for another 11 months because of the changes in the CHF/HUF rates). After all of these goodies the state decided to nationalize my pension savings for patching holes in the budget, they are promised to do the accounting but that didn't happened since 2011 and all the money gone since (so they goxed me), but they told me that I have to pay another 3.5 years worth pension contribution to be eligible for the minimum state pension (something like $200-$250 per month). You know, I don't think that I owe anything to the Hungarian state for my education, paid from my parents taxes :/.

BTW one more word good health conditions. Since I've moved to the UK my cholesterol level went back to normal level and my blood pressure as well, and my panic attacks are gone, as here life is a lot less stressful.

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 02:32:02 PM

people are a state's #1 asset and i agree in principle with what you're saying but i dont know about exit visas, wouldn't it be simpler to make them pay for university or have them take out loans like we do in the uk

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:48:39 PM

a listers receives the best of treatment education etc.. the rest i mean poor ones receive nothing..

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀