Bitcoin Forum
September 25, 2018, 12:28:20 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spending from an unconfirmed balance  (Read 2049 times)
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 07:38:49 AM

I want to send btc now but the balance is still unconfimed. I'm currently usin mycelium and saw that I can send it even if it's not confimed yet but I didn't sen it yet. Is it okay if I will spend the coins from an unconfimed transaction or should I jut wait for it to be confimed before I can send it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make a difference with your Ether.
Donate Ether for the greater good.
SPRING.WETRUST.IO
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1198

http://www.mocacinno.com

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 07:41:05 AM

I want to send btc now but the balance is still unconfimed. I'm currently usin mycelium and saw that I can send it even if it's not confimed yet but I didn't sen it yet. Is it okay if I will spend the coins from an unconfimed transaction or should I jut wait for it to be confimed before I can send it?

I would wait...
If you send coins from an unconfirmed transaction, your new transaction cannot be confirmed before the incoming unconfirmed transaction is confirmed (wow, that was a difficult sentense)

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1271

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 09:19:02 AM

I would wait...
If you send coins from an unconfirmed transaction, your new transaction cannot be confirmed before the incoming unconfirmed transaction is confirmed (wow, that was a difficult sentense)

I would wait if you received the coins from someone else.

I would not wait if the coins are unconfirmed because you recently created a different transaction and the unconfirmed coins are the change of that TX. (more difficult sentenses :C )
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 12:27:21 AM

I choose to wait. The coins were also from me from another address. I was sending them to another address but the confirmation takes longer than usual with a high priority fee set. Anyway I waited. I thought maybe something wrong coul happen so yea. Thanks for the difficult sentences you guys wrote here. Smiley
indiemax

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:53:38 PM

Glad you waited because you could have ended up with creating a double spend

which could have caused problems,coins can get stuck

that was an easy sentence Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.