Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:54:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens if the bitcoin disappear ?  (Read 13694 times)
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:24:41 PM

the world will continue its rotation

On point! LOL. Even if us, the bitcoin users, rant in the internet and become outrageous because of bitcoin's disappearance, the whole Earth will not be affected. It will sort of affect our lives but not other people's lives. The society will carry on without bitcoin.

Some people wouldn't even notice that 'something' has disappeared. And some people wouldn't even care. The only people that are going to be affected by bitcoin's disappearance is us, the bitcoin users. The only thing we can do when bitcoin disappear is to accept that fact and move on to other things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:29:52 PM

Bitcoin is in the early years of development, just like a child, making slow progress in life, learning new things everyday. If somehow, something terrible happens that leads to bitcoin's disappearance, better to have many baskets to put your eggs on. It's always a good thing to have other sources of money, be it digital or our everyday money.
If Bitcoin will disappear than many people will get mad because there are now a lot of people that is still using Bitcoin that much and that is the problem that it cant disappear.
You also see now that Bitcoin is getting more used and more popular so that is quite nice for the currency itself.
Honestly saying I can not see any reasons why BTC will disappear in 10 years, yes in 50 years, I can understand.
But if bitcoins disappears I would hardly be online for 1 hour, because I do spend all my time using BTC and it's associated things.
I too actually can not imagine a world where I will not be able to use BTC , I have been into BTC single long and have been
emotionally also attached with it, more because it gave me everything I needed, yes everything !
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:55:07 PM

Bitcoin is in the early years of development, just like a child, making slow progress in life, learning new things everyday. If somehow, something terrible happens that leads to bitcoin's disappearance, better to have many baskets to put your eggs on. It's always a good thing to have other sources of money, be it digital or our everyday money.
If Bitcoin will disappear than many people will get mad because there are now a lot of people that is still using Bitcoin that much and that is the problem that it cant disappear.
You also see now that Bitcoin is getting more used and more popular so that is quite nice for the currency itself.
Honestly saying I can not see any reasons why BTC will disappear in 10 years, yes in 50 years, I can understand.
But if bitcoins disappears I would hardly be online for 1 hour, because I do spend all my time using BTC and it's associated things.
I too actually can not imagine a world where I will not be able to use BTC , I have been into BTC single long and have been
emotionally also attached with it, more because it gave me everything I needed, yes everything !

Yeah bitcoin has given us almost everything, I started my journey with bitcoin when I was jobless and it took care of my financial needs, and now I don't think I will leave it any day.
shenkeng

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:09:31 AM

I fear, bitcoin prices can be very cheap, it is very detrimental to us all
pocarime32

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:35:12 AM

Same here, i also scared if bitcoin will be cheap someday. Bitcoin is really important to me, it's like a job that i can earn for money and help me when i don't have money.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:37:46 AM

Same here, i also scared if bitcoin will be cheap someday. Bitcoin is really important to me, it's like a job that i can earn for money and help me when i don't have money.
I can't bear the news that bitcoin disappear as it provides some money every month for my expenses and it helped a lot when I am in need of money I can't leave bitcoin for any reason.

agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:57:09 AM

Don't be scared now. Bitcoin won't dissappear and it is forever now. The stability of bitcoin today can considered has strong foundation and no one can bring it down even with a big bad news.
rektDude

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:13:02 AM

what happens if the next 10 years, bitcoin disappeared and worthless?

Although the chances of bitcoin becoming worthless is low but if that happens, it will create great disturbances in world economy because a lot of fiat has been converted in to bitcoin and some big mining farms will go bankrupt.
Yup, agree i think if that happens, it will create great disturbances in world economy because so many traders, miners of bitcoin if that happen they lose their job, they lose their hope, But i think this is impossible that the bitcoin will disapper someday. I know theres no forever in real life but i think the bitcoin will not disappear.. We people on earth disappear hehe
If Bitcoin will disappear than there will be a huge problem because there are now many people that is still using Bitcoin and that is really important for them.
It is maybe their payment method and if it will disappear they will have no money.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:40:55 AM

If Bitcoin will disappear than there will be a huge problem because there are now many people that is still using Bitcoin and that is really important for them.
It is maybe their payment method and if it will disappear they will have no money.

It's not a huge problem if that is happen because people are used to used other payment system before bitcoin. They just feel comfortable with the upcoming of bitcoin.
jamesl22

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:03:46 AM

It's not a huge problem if that is happen because people are used to used other payment system before bitcoin. They just feel comfortable with the upcoming of bitcoin.

Yeah even if bitcoin disappears then it won't make huge difference to the users for sending money online as they always have other options like banks, WU etc.
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:43:35 PM

Please lets not discuss something which is highly unlikely to happen anytime soon and without which we can not imagine a single day of our life, when it will happen we will see. This is my humble personal opinion on this. Bitcoin will never ever disappear.
OrangeII

Activity: 2058
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:56:04 PM

Please lets not discuss something which is highly unlikely to happen anytime soon and without which we can not imagine a single day of our life, when it will happen we will see. This is my humble personal opinion on this. Bitcoin will never ever disappear.
I hope also bitcoin will never disappear. today bitcoin has been change my life, thanks to my bitcoin become more independent, and I'm used to living like this, I could not imagine if bitcoin disappear

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:07:01 PM

We need to be ready with all the consequences that we might face in future related to bitcoin, if it has to disappear it will simply disappear without notifying anyone.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:39:35 PM

We need to be ready with all the consequences that we might face in future related to bitcoin, if it has to disappear it will simply disappear without notifying anyone.
This can be possible although its of course highly unlikely in my eyes, if this happen a lot of people will lose a lot of money.
The other side is that there will always be another currency that is gonna take it over.
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:51:04 PM

This can be possible although its of course highly unlikely in my eyes, if this happen a lot of people will lose a lot of money.
The other side is that there will always be another currency that is gonna take it over.

We are into digital world now and anything is possible in digital scenario, if we will see any better and innovative currency then bitcoin in future, then we will simply switch to it.
NewInCryptoCurrency

Activity: 326

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:02:45 PM

I don't believe bitcoin can or will dissapear within the next 2 decades. At min. it will last for 30/40 years.
What happens after that is not clear to me. But what is clear, is the potential of bitcoin.
fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:36:01 PM

I don't believe bitcoin can or will dissapear within the next 2 decades. At min. it will last for 30/40 years.
What happens after that is not clear to me. But what is clear, is the potential of bitcoin.

I appreciate what you are saying, but honestly speaking no one knows how long bitcoin will survive as it is an unpredictable currency and can surprise us at any time.
tn211

Activity: 778
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:58:43 PM

It is very unpredictable indeed. However keep in mind the market cap is over 6 billion dollars. This will not just vanish.
My estimation is it will happen eventually but we will not live to see it.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:37:50 PM

It is very unpredictable indeed. However keep in mind the market cap is over 6 billion dollars. This will not just vanish.
My estimation is it will happen eventually but we will not live to see it.

Bitcoin can disappear at any mode of time and no one can stop it or control it, believing in bitcoin is good, but believing blindly is something worst thing to do.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 03:29:44 AM

If the bitcoin dissappear many of the user and trader stopped profiting here, if others do not have jobs so they family can go back in their own life with bitcoin,  many of the btc user loses hope, so if that happen many of the people dont have work, many of the people needs another worked, another coins, another funds to get back their old jobs like bitcoin trading.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███