Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:33:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Thought for Doubling Sites  (Read 951 times)
morantis (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:31:40 PM

This is just a thought and I do not intend for anyone to do it, including myself.  I do not believe in Ponzi schemes, but at least these days they are owning up to what they are and telling you that it will not be forever.

I just had a thought when I saw that last one on here.  I think that a "doubling" site might last longer if, instead of doubling, they offered a smaller return.  In other words, instead of saying that they would double your investment, what if the payout was only 1.5 times your investment or 1.75 times.  For every four new investors, one more return could be paid, assuming that all the investor put in the same amount.

Please do not attack this post as if I am suggesting the downfall of society.  I do not believe in Ponzi schemes and do not use them, but they are there and they are not going anywhere.  This is simply a thought that popped in my head that might make the next scam a little longer lasting.  It would even benefit the scammer because there would be less money leaving the site and more piling up for their eventual run into the woods, lol.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iefken

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Live by your own rules

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:38:10 PM

This is just a thought and I do not intend for anyone to do it, including myself.  I do not believe in Ponzi schemes, but at least these days they are owning up to what they are and telling you that it will not be forever.

I just had a thought when I saw that last one on here.  I think that a "doubling" site might last longer if, instead of doubling, they offered a smaller return.  In other words, instead of saying that they would double your investment, what if the payout was only 1.5 times your investment or 1.75 times.  For every four new investors, one more return could be paid, assuming that all the investor put in the same amount.

Please do not attack this post as if I am suggesting the downfall of society.  I do not believe in Ponzi schemes and do not use them, but they are there and they are not going anywhere.  This is simply a thought that popped in my head that might make the next scam a little longer lasting.  It would even benefit the scammer because there would be less money leaving the site and more piling up for their eventual run into the woods, lol.
Yes, and there are enough of those aswell, but they are mostly called hyip :p another one that is still working fine for me is cryptoboost. But why do you even bother when you don't play them :p
morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:40:52 PM

Yes, and there are enough of those aswell, but they are mostly called hyip :p another one that is still working fine for me is cryptoboost. But why do you even bother when you don't play them :p

Not really devoting more than a minute here to it.  It was just something that hit me in the head and I thought I would share.  They are in front of us everyday and here on the forum.  I do not use them now, but there was a time when I used one or two.  The effort of thinking around the scam was just too much.  What is the best amount to put in?  Will they payout several small investments or should I try for a big one?  How long should I keep the money in there?  It is a full time job just keeping up with the money on one site and not worth it in the end.
iefken

Activity: 280

Live by your own rules

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:33:33 PM

Not really devoting more than a minute here to it.  It was just something that hit me in the head and I thought I would share.  They are in front of us everyday and here on the forum.  I do not use them now, but there was a time when I used one or two.  The effort of thinking around the scam was just too much.  What is the best amount to put in?  Will they payout several small investments or should I try for a big one?  How long should I keep the money in there?  It is a full time job just keeping up with the money on one site and not worth it in the end.
Well I do get your point, I am full time in but the payout at the moment does not really meet my expectations... Very well, I'm having fun, thats also important i guess :p
morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:34:42 PM

Well I do get your point, I am full time in but the payout at the moment does not really meet my expectations... Very well, I'm having fun, thats also important i guess :p

I full on agree with you.  As long as you look at it as a "pastime" or "game" and never invest anything anywhere that you cannot afford to lose.
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 04:39:57 PM

If the site dont pay referral commissions,
for a minimum deposit of 100K satoshis,

1 members only need 1 new member to get paid. for a 200% return
for 150% return for every 1 new member join and invest, 2 member will get paid.
 this will continue until people stops joining, or admin runs with the money,

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:42:25 PM

What you described is a plain ponzi. Anyway, they too will scam. Why do you think they get created in the first place?
morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:43:25 PM

It would still fail, but another system would be the let the system run as new members join and to simply take a small transaction fee on the withdrawals instead and reaching a certain limit and stealing everything.  It would be interesting to see how long the site would run if the admin did not intentionally trash the whole thing.  I would have no problem making 3% of all the outgoing transactions on some of the sites I have seen.  That is if the number and transactions they are showing on their site are real and not there to make it seem to be higher paying.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:44:47 PM

What you described is a plain ponzi. Anyway, they too will scam. Why do you think they get created in the first place?

I am not saying it would not fail, just that it would possible be able to support itself a little longer than a doubling site.
pinoycash

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 04:47:17 PM

It would still fail, but another system would be the let the system run as new members join and to simply take a small transaction fee on the withdrawals instead and reaching a certain limit and stealing everything.  It would be interesting to see how long the site would run if the admin did not intentionally trash the whole thing.  I would have no problem making 3% of all the outgoing transactions on some of the sites I have seen.  That is if the number and transactions they are showing on their site are real and not there to make it seem to be higher paying.

the better return would be 125%, and 5% admin fees for every withdrawal, in this way admin will have his share of the pie when someone withdraw. a fully transparent BTC ponzi sites, members will have the chance to earn profit. An Admin with a good intentions is also needed.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:53:11 PM

the better return would be 125%, and 5% admin fees for every withdrawal, in this way admin will have his share of the pie when someone withdraw. a fully transparent BTC ponzi sites, members will have the chance to earn profit. An Admin with a good intentions is also needed.

First hurdle would be getting past the trust factor, but it could work, since there are always loads of people that jump on these sites despite numerous warnings.  The admin should also keep a fully up to date blog about the site or a news ticker on the site that tells people how things are going.  They should be fully transparent and warn people that things are slowing down or binding up and the site may be failing soon.  That kills it for the last investors, but it is fair to new people.  Or, the admin starts off with a security cold wallet and pays the last few investors upon failure.  That means that the admin is acutally taking a chance that the site may or may not make them more money than they have put on the line.  Maybe keep that fund in an escrow even.
cryostasis25

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:17:02 PM

I also guess that doubling sites would last longer if they also put rotating advertisementnon their websites whichbis an extra income for traffic when someone will invest, check their deposit and just browse and see whats going on.

COINCE -https://coince.com/?u=C6051908
morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:19:29 PM

I also guess that doubling sites would last longer if they also put rotating advertisementnon their websites whichbis an extra income for traffic when someone will invest, check their deposit and just browse and see whats going on.

True, I wonder how hard it would be to create an escrow that pays out to multiple wallets rather than just one.  Anyone could write the software, but in order for an escrow to be of any value, it would need to be written and implemented by trusted source, perhaps a pre-existing escrow service.
pinoycash

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 05:29:45 PM

First hurdle would be getting past the trust factor, but it could work, since there are always loads of people that jump on these sites despite numerous warnings.  The admin should also keep a fully up to date blog about the site or a news ticker on the site that tells people how things are going.  They should be fully transparent and warn people that things are slowing down or binding up and the site may be failing soon.  That kills it for the last investors, but it is fair to new people.  Or, the admin starts off with a security cold wallet and pays the last few investors upon failure.  That means that the admin is acutally taking a chance that the site may or may not make them more money than they have put on the line.  Maybe keep that fund in an escrow even.

The admin should have enough cash reserves to payout the first batch of investors.

Now your talking about a revenue sharing sites, there are already alot of that at the moment,

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:33:53 PM

The admin should have enough cash reserves to payout the first batch of investors.

Now your talking about a revenue sharing sites, there are already alot of that at the moment,

I don't think they meant to put the advertising profits back into the investment, but to have that as an income from the site in general, since the main reason that people start these sites is to make money and run so we are looking at having the sites produce more income so that would be less likely.  Actually we are rambling in general, but that is the direction the rambling is going at the moment.
pjsonowal

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:42:24 PM

Exactly!!! You are right @mickeyb

@OP you are not the only one who overcame with that idea.Sites like ore-mine.org and scrypt.cc were also paying out smaller returns and worked for longer time than "Doubling-Ponzis".

Higher Return or Double return on investment means that site will soon come out to be scam and smaller return will too scam but it will be working for a long time.

Higher Return Ponzi : Coinsdouble.com,
Smaller Return Ponzi : Ore-mine.org

Reason: Reason is that no matter whatever type of return they keep (higher/smaller ROI) it will bring a situation like "Hole i the pocket" which no one likes to have with them [like say am giving double ROI to my investors , everytime i pay them it will decrease my btc balance which no one wants to have]. So it is most likely them will come out to be as scam.

If the site is risking BTC in trading and exchange or any cryptocurrency

They maybe expert in handling risk because they know how to manage risk but they cant eliminate risk at whole so in this case they may also scam.

I think they are only the excuses to get some fund and scam the money.

morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:48:16 PM

@OP you are not the only one who overcame with that idea.Sites like ore-mine.org and scrypt.cc were also paying out smaller returns and worked for longer time than "Doubling-Ponzis".

Higher Return or Double return on investment means that site will soon come out to be scam and smaller return will too scam but it will be working for a long time.

Reason: Reason is that no matter whatever type of return they keep (higher/smaller ROI) it will bring a situation like "Hole i the pocket" which no one likes to have with them [like say am giving double ROI to my investors , everytime i pay them it will decrease my btc balance which no one wants to have]. So it is most likely them will come out to be as scam.

They maybe expert in handling risk because they know how to manage risk but they cant eliminate risk at whole so in this case they may also scam.

I and everyone here appreciates what you are saying and we all know that same facts.  The fact here is that this was simply a discussion.  Just people talking.  I already stated that I do not use these sites and I have no intention of starting one.  This is just some people talking about the issues with the sites and possible ways that things can improve.  It is not going to happen, we know that.  A drug dealer may get more long term sales by referring some of his/her clients to rehab before they die, then they can get a little better, get back out of rehab and start all over with the drug dealer, this is a concept that would show advanced future levels of income and it is just an idea, just like the ones I stated here.  There is no drug dealer that is ever going to do that and there are no scammers that are going to modify their methods to show get longevity to the clients.  This is just talk.
pjsonowal

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:33:45 PM

I and everyone here appreciates what you are saying and we all know that same facts.  The fact here is that this was simply a discussion.  Just people talking.  I already stated that I do not use these sites and I have no intention of starting one.  This is just some people talking about the issues with the sites and possible ways that things can improve.  It is not going to happen, we know that.  A drug dealer may get more long term sales by referring some of his/her clients to rehab before they die, then they can get a little better, get back out of rehab and start all over with the drug dealer, this is a concept that would show advanced future levels of income and it is just an idea, just like the ones I stated here.  There is no drug dealer that is ever going to do that and there are no scammers that are going to modify their methods to show get longevity to the clients.  This is just talk.

I also pointed it out as a simple and general discussion not to accuse you . But whoever I accused here pretty well knows that what I am saying about.

morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 05:28:52 AM

I also pointed it out as a simple and general discussion not to accuse you . But whoever I accused here pretty well knows that what I am saying about.

That one is even too cryptic for me to figure out, lol.
pinoycash

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 06:31:21 PM

After this discussions, some people will launch 150% BTC ponzi sites, Admins are getting ideas from our post here.. somehow we are giving free lecture for them Smiley

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀