Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:36:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems upgrading Antminer S7 firmware  (Read 809 times)
Cassey (OP)

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:28:43 PM

Hello all.  I have a pair of Batch 1 Antminer S7s that I can't seem to upgrade with firmware.  I'm guessing I'm doing something stupid, and would appreciate someone pointing out what.

I've gone to the Antminer download site and grabbed both the October and December 600M firmware files (.gz).

I go into the System->Upgrade panel, browse to my download folder, and select one of the .gz files.

I click "Flash Image" and get:  http://puu.sh/mEegG/d9c7dee733.png

The system stays that way forever.

Going back to the system overview shows the original firmware running (September 15th version).

I'm trying to fix an annoying problem where the miners occasionally stop mining, beep that the internet is down, then resume 10-30 seconds later.  This happens, randomly every hour or so, sometimes a couple of times an hour, sometimes not for several hours.  Both miners are doing this, although I've never seen it at the same time.  If I didn't know any better, I'd say they had duplicate IP addresses, but they are statically configured with unique IPs.  I have other Antminers (S3s and S4s) running through the same switch without problems - its just the S7s.  Of, each time this happens my mining pool tells me I've lost a miner, but just for one polling interval.

Very oddly, we had a power outage a week or two ago, and things were stable after the power came back.  I moved the network cable coming from my machine room (where all the antminers reside) from my general switch to a new firewall and the problems started back up again.

The "sometimes" nature of this issue is driving me mad (as is the random beeping!).

In any case, I'm hoping a firmware update will resolve this, but can't get that working.  Not a good day.

Cassey
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cassey (OP)

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 03:50:24 AM

Found the problem:  Apparently one end of my network cable leading from the machine room to my main switch was bad.  Once I replaced the end, not only did my brief offline problem go away but the miners were easily upgraded with new firmware.

Cassey
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: