Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:25:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The lust for banks...WHAT is going on?  (Read 1445 times)
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:04:49 AM

probably one of the most important discussions the crypto community needs to be having yet it slides down the pages with comparative very little replies  Huh

Yup, though I guess as long as everyone is increasing the amount of USD they are worth, who cares eh? Smiley

Isn't that what it's always been about? Maybe I'm cynical but don't most tech geeks want to change the world.... and get rich doing it?? Tesla dreams on beachfront properties. Who's kidding who?

If you really want to change the world, leave your front door and walk down main street. Trust me there will be somebody there who needs your immediate help. Change their world.

Sorry, but I'm not falling for any holier-than-thou attitudes on BCT. All techies who change the world become very wealthy indeed. No-one is pulling the wool over my eyes on this board.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 11:22:55 AM

probably one of the most important discussions the crypto community needs to be having yet it slides down the pages with comparative very little replies  Huh

Yup, though I guess as long as everyone is increasing the amount of USD they are worth, who cares eh? Smiley

Isn't that what it's always been about? Maybe I'm cynical but don't most tech geeks want to change the world.... and get rich doing it?? Tesla dreams on beachfront properties. Who's kidding who?

If you really want to change the world, leave your front door and walk down main street. Trust me there will be somebody there who needs your immediate help. Change their world.

Sorry, but I'm not falling for any holier-than-thou attitudes on BCT. All techies who change the world become very wealthy indeed. No-one is pulling the wool over my eyes on this board.

Hey you can be cynical all you like, in fact I'd encourage it as I'm as cynical as they come.

If I wanted to get "rich" from crypto I could of already, probably 10x over, but it's not about the money for me.  I already have plenty and have lived a mortgage free life with a garage of cars for the past 10 years.  I could have been contracting in London pulling down 6 figure sums, as I have before, for the past 3 years that I've been here, but I'm not.   Sure money is nice, but it doesn't guarantee happiness, as in the end shit still happens.

It'll take me YEARS to recover what I have invested financially into eMunie, I'm not taking any large "insta mine" pay off, I'll likely be one of the lesser holders of EMU overall holding just a few thousand.

If it's a success, sure I'll make plenty from other income streams but I'll never be "billionaire rich" from it, that's for damn sure.

So yeah, be cynical as hell, but also keep an open mind...that's what I've learned anyway Smiley

mkmen

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 11:49:14 AM

If the banks choose proper dencentralized crypto to do this, I don't see anything wrong with that, it would add transparency and make crypto legitimate in the eyes of "Joe Sixpack".

Problem is, that's probably not going to happen, as transparency and decentralization is not something they're really after (as we can see with "permissioned ledgers").
cryptohunter2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:20:22 PM

Hey you can be cynical all you like, in fact I'd encourage it as I'm as cynical as they come.

If I wanted to get "rich" from crypto I could of already, probably 10x over, but it's not about the money for me.  I already have plenty and have lived a mortgage free life with a garage of cars for the past 10 years.  I could have been contracting in London pulling down 6 figure sums, as I have before, for the past 3 years that I've been here, but I'm not.   Sure money is nice, but it doesn't guarantee happiness, as in the end shit still happens.

It'll take me YEARS to recover what I have invested financially into eMunie, I'm not taking any large "insta mine" pay off, I'll likely be one of the lesser holders of EMU overall holding just a few thousand.

If it's a success, sure I'll make plenty from other income streams but I'll never be "billionaire rich" from it, that's for damn sure.

So yeah, be cynical as hell, but also keep an open mind...that's what I've learned anyway Smiley

when is release coming... i'm in.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: