Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:33:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Classic = a bunch of idiots running the full node  (Read 2243 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 09:21:27 PM

Seeing staff member doing ad homiem attacks is pretty disgusting, so I checked your post history and you had hard time understanding SegWit at first, and based on your comments I doubt you understand SegWit at all even now, and definitively your not a programmer so I dont understand how you can even comment my summary when you have so little knowledge on the topic.
So stating the fact that you're talking nonsense equals to 'ad hominem'? Please don't attempt to use logical fallacies when you are unable to use them correctly. I have not attacked you. I understand SegWit probably better than the majority here. I do wonder though where you came up with the false conclusion that I'm not a programmer?

Just to teach you a bit, if SegWit is implemented, the effective total blocksize depends how much people will be using special SegWit transactions instead of the normal ones. I dont expect within a year there will be more SegWit transactions than the normal ones, making the limit maybe like 1.33-1.5 MB at the end of the first year. Unless off course Bitcoin Core forces us to use just SegWig tansactions instead of possibility to choose normal ones, which would not surprise me given how the RBF features cant be turned off in Core 0.12.

And it is crappy workaround because it is much more complicated solution, which leads in my experience to more likely bugs and future increased development time because of the more complex code.
It depends on how many people are using updated clients. Also the increase will not be 'maybe like 1.33-1.5MB' at the end of the first year. This is speculating and not based on calculations. The actual calculations can be found here. People are very hyperbolic when it comes to the complexity of SegWit.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
topiOleg

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 09:43:33 PM

Seeing staff member doing ad homiem attacks is pretty disgusting, so I checked your post history and you had hard time understanding SegWit at first, and based on your comments I doubt you understand SegWit at all even now, and definitively your not a programmer so I dont understand how you can even comment my summary when you have so little knowledge on the topic.
So stating the fact that you're talking nonsense equals to 'ad hominem'? Please don't attempt to use logical fallacies when you are unable to use them correctly. I have not attacked you. I understand SegWit probably better than the majority here. I do wonder though where you came up with the false conclusion that I'm not a programmer?

Just to teach you a bit, if SegWit is implemented, the effective total blocksize depends how much people will be using special SegWit transactions instead of the normal ones. I dont expect within a year there will be more SegWit transactions than the normal ones, making the limit maybe like 1.33-1.5 MB at the end of the first year. Unless off course Bitcoin Core forces us to use just SegWig tansactions instead of possibility to choose normal ones, which would not surprise me given how the RBF features cant be turned off in Core 0.12.

And it is crappy workaround because it is much more complicated solution, which leads in my experience to more likely bugs and future increased development time because of the more complex code.
It depends on how many people are using updated clients. Also the increase will not be 'maybe like 1.33-1.5MB' at the end of the first year. This is speculating and not based on calculations. The actual calculations can be found here. People are very hyperbolic when it comes to the complexity of SegWit.

If you had real knowledge on the matter you would:
1) Stop talking nonsense.

2) Realize the pros and cons of a hard fork in comparison to a Soft work.
3) Stop complaining that SegWit is a 'crappy workaround', when it fact it is not.

Ok, when your so knowledgable write one two technical facts Im wrong with explanation worth a programmer instead of your general "your talking nonsense".

My maybe like 1.33-1.5MB is based I dont believe SegWit transactions will be used much in first year, unless ofcourse new wallet clients forces us to use only SegWit transactions...

BTW "It depends on how many people are using updated clients" and whether it will be possible to use normal today transactions in updated clients as well (and what kind of transactions will be choossen to user by default).

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 09:49:55 PM

Ok, when your so knowledgable write one two technical facts Im wrong with explanation worth a programmer instead of your general "your talking nonsense".

My maybe like 1.33-1.5MB is based I dont believe SegWit transactions will be used much in first year, unless ofcourse new wallet clients forces us to use only SegWit transactions...
I've posted an actual link to the calculations that show what kind of increase we should be expecting.
BTW "It depends on how many people are using updated clients" and whether it will be possible to use normal today transactions in updated clients as well (and what kind of transactions will be choossen to user by default).
New clients can send transactions to old ones and old ones can send transactions to new ones. It is just that transacting between new clients becomes more efficient.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:34:43 PM

Oh noes, wallet providers might force us to use cheaper transactions !!!  Cry

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:18:04 AM

Cheesy:D:D
pogress

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:43:32 AM

Your been deceived by Bitcoin Core, the transactions have the same size in bytes stored on blockchain for full nodes, so Segregated Withness transactions might be cheaper only because Bitcoin Core says lets not count the signature size part for fee calculation for Segregated Withness transactions, but the signature size part using the same bandwich and storage capacity of full nodes in both cases.

Its basically political decision policy to make Segregated Withness transactions more popular with miners paying the cost with reduced fees for these Segregated Withness transactions yet they have to use the same bandwich and storage capacity requirements compared to today transactions.

I wish I could return to my young times when I was clueless too though, the life was much easier back then!
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 11:39:10 AM

Your been deceived by Bitcoin Core, the transactions have the same size in bytes stored on blockchain for full nodes, so Segregated Withness transactions might be cheaper only because Bitcoin Core says lets not count the signature size part for fee calculation for Segregated Withness transactions, but the signature size part using the same bandwich and storage capacity of full nodes in both cases.

Its basically political decision policy to make Segregated Withness transactions more popular with miners paying the cost with reduced fees for these Segregated Withness transactions yet they have to use the same bandwich and storage capacity requirements compared to today transactions.

I wish I could return to my young times when I was clueless too though, the life was much easier back then!

All you clasSick posters here on bitcointalk are really kind of like a rat infestation - Hard to control but do-able.
watashi-kokoto

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:38:38 PM

All you clasSick posters here on bitcointalk are really kind of like a rat infestation - Hard to control but do-able.

Like a cancer. A chemo can sometimes help, but still fatal.
fricircled

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:21:37 PM

maybe Core will add 2 MB and end this mess? that would be a cool story  Wink

2MB  + SegWit + LN etc would be great.

I think Core should add 2MB earlier than Classic then test the SegWit and give miner and service providers to update to the SegWit.
watashi-kokoto

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:23:21 PM

I think Core should add 2MB earlier than Classic then test the SegWit and give miner and service providers to update to the SegWit.

Yes this will happen. I'm looking forward 2MB and SegWit
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:55:01 PM

Yes this will happen. I'm looking forward 2MB and SegWit

seems redundant, because it would be like having 3.6 mega of space, 2mb will suffice, so segwit is enough for the time being
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:59:35 PM

Highly agree with OP, some *not* sane people seem to go with anything else than core, any horse-shit that comes along. theymos has even made a page so that its understood: https://bitcointalk.org/dec/p1.html

It comes up whenever forum ads aren't shown
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: