Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:07:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could US Bitcoin survive a Trump presidency  (Read 2008 times)
soy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:50:57 PM

Or a spurious argument that the Dark Web didn't exist before President Obama.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Backside walkaround

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:54:46 PM

I'm down with xenophobia but not down with Trump.  He is an asshole of the most severe class and always has been.  The US would survive his presidency, but just barely I think.  Or it could be the apocalypse.

If the original Backside walkaround can prove to me they are the old owner of this account, I can update the email address to the email address of their choosing.
Backside walkaround has lost access to their account as they used someone else's email address to sign up, and the owner of the email address got tired of random email notifications from this site after a few months and reset the password.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:56:36 PM

I don't think that there is any president, dictator, prime minister, or leader of any sort from any country that could do anything that bitcoin would not be able to survive.

So do I. But i am wondering.
Can the US survive a Trump presidency.
I think not, he would kill most business by making weird legislation, like banning trade with anybody who is called Hassan.
Yes if he is going to do this then he is going to kill US economy because they are doing too many businesses with the name of Hassan and like these
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 10:03:14 PM

I don't really think that Trump will be getting anywhere in my opinion. But if he does win, Bitcoin might survive it and even if Trump decides to tax Bitcoin, then it would be considered as a currency for normal use and thus increase awareness to those citizens who didn't heard about BTC at all.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
soy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 10:47:44 PM

I'm down with xenophobia but not down with Trump.  

All of us WWII baby boomers ('45-'50) probably wondered why the immigration quotas weren't working and that demographics that effected us personally were changing.  I have a couple of theories.  1. The US economy was the largest followed by US foreign investments after WWII as the major industrial areas of Europe and Japan were leveled and had to be rebuilt with American loans.  The US economic powers that then were, needed a US presence in other countries and didn't want to set an example of seriously blocking immigration regardless that the rate changed demographics.  2. The US southland treating black badly drove them north and having lived being treated criminally and denied decent education were prone to crime ruining major northern cities (I was born in Brooklyn).  So, the Vietnam war was truly racist to punish southerners (priding themselves as warriors) and blacks.  Meanwhile there were low-incoming housing projects like on Long Islands gold coast (who in their right mind would put projects for poor blacks in the domains of the very, very wealthy old money families?) which I think was to promote a less aggressive prosecution of anti-Vietnam war protesters (Vietnam a racist war).  Now you had black housing projects where previously the minorities were black families who served the wealthy and were/are quite nice, and Italian immigrants.  The non-project landlords, like the Italians, made it very clear they would house Latino immigrants and fill their minority housing requirements with Latinos.  So, the real estate and housing lobbies saw the increased population pressure and rising profits, so did banks.  
btckold24

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:55:05 AM

wow I can't imagine trump being president!

To me he is just good water cooler talk. The scary thing is the republicans are so depleted I dont see who could beat him. Which means
hillary wins in a landslide.

I think bitcoin could thrive under trump. He is very pro business.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███