Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:17:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How does rising BTC prices affect the loan market?  (Read 1316 times)
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:52:04 AM

I don't really see how the price of Bitcoin effects bitcoin loans. I'm pretty sure that most people will charge the same amount of interest, regardless of the price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:55:00 AM

I do some P2P lending and with the recent uptick in Bitcoin price something crossed my mind, how does this affect the rate of payback? Logically, anyone who uses the coin to convert to cash is going to have a harder time to pay it back. Of course, the opposite can be said for times where the price goes down.

My fear is that the price is going to go up now and this puts my loans at risk for default. Anyone have experience with this?

I think this depends greatly on the reputation of the borrower. It helps to communicate with the person you're lending money to and offer to make a deal if the price rises tremendously.
It would be even better to mention this before making the loan, rules for what happens if the price rises.

Exactly. It also depends if the borrower is trustworthy or not. You just have to choose who you give loans to wisely. If you do this, there is a lower amount of risk.
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:38:11 AM

It is not always bad for both parties. If borrowers spend the bitcoin directly, he has bitcoin incomes, like mining, job payment etc, he wouldn't lose anything from the increasing price of bitcoin. I know many bitcoin lenders have large chunk of bitcoin in hands. He lends out bitcoin and receives bitcoin interests. No matter bitcoin is up or down. He will still be happy to see the amount of bitcoin is increasing. The exception is that he is trading bitcoin and lose the opportunity of selling out bitcoin before the price goes down.
michinzx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:56:22 AM

I do some P2P lending and with the recent uptick in Bitcoin price something crossed my mind, how does this affect the rate of payback? Logically, anyone who uses the coin to convert to cash is going to have a harder time to pay it back. Of course, the opposite can be said for times where the price goes down.

My fear is that the price is going to go up now and this puts my loans at risk for default. Anyone have experience with this?

I think this depends greatly on the reputation of the borrower. It helps to communicate with the person you're lending money to and offer to make a deal if the price rises tremendously.
It would be even better to mention this before making the loan, rules for what happens if the price rises.

Exactly. It also depends if the borrower is trustworthy or not. You just have to choose who you give loans to wisely. If you do this, there is a lower amount of risk.
not really, most of the time the borrower on these p2p platforms arent repeat customers and dont have any reputation to go off of. lenders are only attracted by the high interest rates these [2[ lending sites charge. with little repercussions for defaulting, a lot of the borrowers end up defaulting.
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:57:14 AM

IMO it is effecting the loan market a lot. Many borrowers are selling BTT accounts through requesting a loan.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:19:15 PM

you dont have to fear about that,your loan is tottaly safe,price movement should have been predicted by any market,and they can adapt with that situation,i never feel that before,just because i dont take any risk to get a loan.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████