Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:08:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jamie Dimon Receives 35% Raise in 2015 While Cutting Over 6000 Jobs  (Read 657 times)
Jordan23 (OP)

Activity: 382
Merit: 311

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:56:16 PM

Wouldn't you say anything to keep that job? Of course you have to have zero morals and zero compassion.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/01/21/jpmorgan-ceo-gets-pay-raise-35-27m/79132018/
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:03:33 PM

You're just pissed because he's a genius and you're not. You know how I know he's a genius? Because he makes 27 million dollars a year.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:09:59 PM

Being a genius, a liar and and ruthless scammer are two completely different things I would say.
And Dimon is far away from being a genius.That guy is a jerk who would sell his own family if he had to.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3231

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:24:45 PM

The pay raise comes after JPMorgan announced record annual profits last week, thanks to cost-cutting that helped to offset stagnating revenue growth.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:32:58 PM

Being a genius, a liar and and ruthless scammer are two completely different things I would say.
And Dimon is far away from being a genius.That guy is a jerk who would sell his own family if he had to.

Here's an image of a truthful, honest and fair businessman.

Here's an image of a genius that knows how to manipulate the system to become successful.

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:37:07 PM

Well, some say bitcoin is costing bankers their jobs and will end the banking system, that's like millions of jobs, and many more say we are all going to get rich by holding bitcoin...

jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:47:50 PM

You're just pissed because he's a genius and you're not. You know how I know he's a genius? Because he makes 27 million dollars a year.

When did money ever correlate to intellectual capacity?

Tesla died penniless as an example. He had integrity though.

I'd say it more relates to his drive and social prowess than intelligence IMHO.

EDIT: Oh nm see your later post.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:56:10 PM

Well, some say bitcoin is costing bankers their jobs and will end the banking system, that's like millions of jobs, and many more say we are all going to get rich by holding bitcoin...

Use Bitcoin as an example. Who's made more money from Bitcoin than the heartless self serving bastards?  Trendon Shavers, Goat, Zhou Tong, Erik Voorhees, Charlie Schrem, Mark Karpeles, James McCarthy, Tom Williams, Alberto Armandi, the team at Butterfly Labs........and on and on and on. Ruthless people make money, nice people do not.

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:58:09 PM

yes, rich (in this system) are asshole, they want money ... more, more, more !

Caution, Bitcoin change this.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:03:59 PM

There's a kind of genius that allows a person to intellictualize the moral dilemma of being a "good" person living in poverty or a ruthless person living the good life. I would prefer to only know and associate with good people. That's probably why all my friends are broke. lol

jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 11:25:27 PM

There's a kind of genius that allows a person to intellictualize the moral dilemma of being a "good" person living in poverty or a ruthless person living the good life. I would prefer to only know and associate with good people. That's probably why all my friends are broke. lol

Grin Cheesy

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:08:54 AM

Use Bitcoin as an example. Who's made more money from Bitcoin than the heartless self serving bastards?  Trendon Shavers, Goat, Zhou Tong, Erik Voorhees, Charlie Schrem, Mark Karpeles, James McCarthy, Tom Williams, Alberto Armandi, the team at Butterfly Labs........and on and on and on. Ruthless people make money, nice people do not.

How many of those folks actually managed to keep whatever money they allocated to themselves? I'm sure they got a bit out but they also fucked themselves up the ring piece and will be forever branded. Karpeles's fancy bed and hookers don't really make up for several possible years in a Japanese prison.

The BTC space has been heaving with ludicrous naivety. That stage is passing. We'll have a wiser brand of shark in the future who'll be able to relieve you of cash while still making you feel good about yourself.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 01:12:04 AM

How many of those folks actually managed to keep whatever money they allocated to themselves? I'm sure they got a bit out but they also fucked themselves up the ring piece and will be forever branded. Karpeles's fancy bed and hookers don't really make up for several possible years in a Japanese prison.

The BTC space has been heaving with ludicrous naivety. That stage is passing. We'll have a wiser brand of shark in the future who'll be able to relieve you of cash while still making you feel good about yourself.

That's scary because it's true. Wait till Jamie Dimon gets into Bitcoin. None of us will have any coin because he'll have them all.  Cheesy

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:08:55 AM

Don't hate the player.  Hate the game.

Mr. Dimon is simply doing his best he can as a CEO.

The real problem is the banking system itself and
the fact that economic power became centralized.

So, hate the federal reserve if you want.

Better yet, don't hate anything, just love Bitcoin
and spread the word, for Bitcoin is revolutionary
and represents a separation of economy and state.

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:08:58 AM

Don't hate the player.  Hate the game.

Mr. Dimon is simply doing his best he can as a CEO.

The real problem is the banking system itself and
the fact that economic power became centralized.

So, hate the federal reserve if you want.

Better yet, don't hate anything, just love Bitcoin
and spread the word, for Bitcoin is revolutionary
and represents a separation of economy and state.

+1. Hating someone because they made a business more efficient is totally wrong-headed. While harsh in the short term (I was laid off in the 2008 crisis, it sucks, I know) cutting jobs by making a business more efficient frees up those workers to produce more value for humanity over the long run by taking up new jobs. By the logic of the haters, we should all keep living in huts with subsistence agriculture to keep everyone fully, gainfully employed.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: