Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:33:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ WTS] KNC Neptune 6 Cubes. @ Final Price reduce. Selling ASAP.  (Read 1928 times)
sjenja (OP)

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:20:03 AM

bump
sjenja (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:16:17 PM

Yet another Bump.
sjenja (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:59:19 PM

Last Bump
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:28:21 PM

No offense, but you jury rigged an already risky piece of hardware, used an over the counter below-spec fan with a smaller dia than factory ()factory fans work VERY well) and still want price close to a new S7 for example?  Undecided

Good luck with your sale.

Go Big or Go Home.
sjenja (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 04:01:26 PM

No offense, but you jury rigged an already risky piece of hardware, used an over the counter below-spec fan with a smaller dia than factory ()factory fans work VERY well) and still want price close to a new S7 for example?  Undecided

To address your points.
1) its jury rigged: I think that is an advantage as the original designers were frankly idiots. My Mod makes the Neptune safer and reduces the load on the connectors that were overloaded in the first place, and makes it possible to overclock. It no surprise that so many of the Neptunes burned the PCI-E connectors and the PSU´s. Its stood the test of time already with months on end of mining and no warm wires and other problems what so ever. I frankly do not see how that makes my Neptune less worth.
2) The Front Fans on the Cubes are for the most part original except for two of the cubes that had replacements, with same diameter fans but slightly higher CFM. The back fans are corsair 120mm high performance in a pull configuration, actually make the cubes colder as it provides better airflow. It only adds to the cooling capabilities, see the temperatures of my setup, cant say I have seen any other Neptune that runs so cool.  
3) The S7 is currently 2.1 BTC without EU VAT(25% in my country), not talking about the noise it puts out, where as the Neptune is all most silent in comparison.

I do not see the negative points you are trying to make, instead what work I have done to make the Neptune better only adds to the Value not subtracts from it. The only way that the Neptune was considered risky was because of the sloppy original design and the careless safety measures the KNC designers took. It is like that they did not want the miners to last, hmm wonder why.  
quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:24:58 PM

No offense, but you jury rigged an already risky piece of hardware, used an over the counter below-spec fan with a smaller dia than factory ()factory fans work VERY well) and still want price close to a new S7 for example?  Undecided

To address your points.
1) its jury rigged: I think that is an advantage as the original designers were frankly idiots. My Mod makes the Neptune safer and reduces the load on the connectors that were overloaded in the first place, and makes it possible to overclock. It no surprise that so many of the Neptunes burned the PCI-E connectors and the PSU´s. Its stood the test of time already with months on end of mining and no warm wires and other problems what so ever. I frankly do not see how that makes my Neptune less worth.
2) The Front Fans on the Cubes are for the most part original except for two of the cubes that had replacements, with same diameter fans but slightly higher CFM. The back fans are corsair 120mm high performance in a pull configuration, actually make the cubes colder as it provides better airflow. It only adds to the cooling capabilities, see the temperatures of my setup, cant say I have seen any other Neptune that runs so cool.  
3) The S7 is currently 2.1 BTC without EU VAT(25% in my country), not talking about the noise it puts out, where as the Neptune is all most silent in comparison.

I do not see the negative points you are trying to make, instead what work I have done to make the Neptune better only adds to the Value not subtracts from it. The only way that the Neptune was considered risky was because of the sloppy original design and the careless safety measures the KNC designers took. It is like that they did not want the miners to last, hmm wonder why.  

Those are all good points, but I think the real reason for the design is they planned it to run in their Arctic datacenters that are kept incredibly cold due to their location.  They didn't care at that point about anyone else, they'd planned to go 100% in-house at that point.  The sales were just to get rid of their old miners and raise money for them to build their next-gen chip.  They turned a large amount of revenue off of their at-the-time good name in the community.
sjenja (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:15:27 AM

Yes might be it, seems like they got selfish and greedy of all that profit they made on there first gen miners.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: